PDA

View Full Version : Clothing disappeared

shelltbx
08-09-11, 11:43 AM
The majority of my clothing disappeared white items green collection red and black collection . The store was closed upon opening and shelving it I get a out of sync message :mad:. How do I get my items back.

shelltbx
08-09-11, 11:47 AM
By the way I play on IPad 2

talyon
08-09-11, 12:06 PM
You can't, but you probably did get the cash for those items.

kooky panda
08-09-11, 12:42 PM
The majority of my clothing disappeared white items green collection red and black collection . The store was closed upon opening and shelving it I get a out of sync message :mad:. How do I get my items back.

sometimes when you close your store, you items will still sell. If you block your door customers will not come in, so you happiness does not decrease, but sales will happen. Most people will block their cash register instead to prevent the sales.
Also it depends on what level you are on an how many clothes you had out.
To be safe, I always try to have at least 1000 items for each hour.
So When I go to bed If I do not have 8000 items ,I will block my cash register if I want to wait to sell my in the morning.

shelltbx
08-09-11, 03:14 PM
Thanks for getting back to me but I'm not satisfied with the answer the bugs,rules need to be updated ! One set of items disappeared as soon as I put it down also I had over 1000 of each item although the answers in these forums are given it seems like it's justification for the game mishaps instead of taking care of the problem. I play games on Facebook if there is a problem they address and compensate

Rachael98
08-09-11, 03:20 PM
Thanks for getting back to me but I'm not satisfied with the answer the bugs,rules need to be updated ! One set of items disappeared as soon as I put it down also I had over 1000 of each item although the answers in these forums are given it seems like it's justification for the game mishaps instead of taking care of the problem. I play games on Facebook if there is a problem they address and compensate

The problem is that FB is completely different. For a start, as long as you got the money, you didn't lose anything. I'm sure TL are working on stopping it though. For now, just block the Cash Register or make sure you have 1,000 clothes per hour (if that's misinformation, blame Kooky:p!).

kooky panda
08-09-11, 05:24 PM

If you feel that the forum is not helping , please email support@teamlava.com

The forum is unable to compensate for any losses you may have.

cooreygirl
08-10-11, 02:23 AM
Hi Kooky,
Thanks for this reply, I was just about to vent my frustration at spending so much time choosing and waiting and filling the store only to loose half my stock in 10 mins after opening ( had been closed for 10 hrs for replenishing). I had blocked the door as always, but now understand it should be the registers I block! Back to the drawing board and start stocking up again!

kooky panda
08-10-11, 06:20 AM
Hi Kooky,
Thanks for this reply, I was just about to vent my frustration at spending so much time choosing and waiting and filling the store only to loose half my stock in 10 mins after opening ( had been closed for 10 hrs for replenishing). I had blocked the door as always, but now understand it should be the registers I block! Back to the drawing board and start stocking up again!
I have not personally had this problem But others have told me the cash reg blocking works.
Please let me know if this does the trick...

cooreygirl
08-13-11, 04:56 PM
Hi, It's me again. Thought that blocking the tills worked until this morning, when I lost half my stock again (some stuff that had been on for a day each) within 10 mins of opening? Is it something everyone else experiences and I should expect when I close to restock, cos there isn't enough time in the day to spend on it. I've been off work this week so have given Fashion and BS hours of attention every day and it's still not enough to keep it well stocked and keep all my neighbours happy! Your suggestions would be much appreciated

gobblies
08-13-11, 05:00 PM
For some reason, you gain profits very quickly. Did you get the coins?

cooreygirl
08-13-11, 05:11 PM
Hi I believe I did, but that's not the point really is it, the time and effort and imagination that goes into developing and playing these TL games is where the pleasure comes from, otherwise it becomes a game of chance. I suppose I just need to know is it deliberate and part of the programming of the game or a bug that can be fixed? If the moderators don't have the answers maybe they can ask the developers as looking at the forum this is problem many are experiencing and not getting answers for. Thanks all, look forward to your feedback.

kooky panda
08-13-11, 06:42 PM
cooreygirl thanks for coming back and giving me an update. I can try to report this as a bug and see if I can get any information. Before I can report this, I will need everyone that has this problem to come and give me the following information:
Device you are playing on(ipad, iphone, android) I also need the Os version of your device(ie IOS 4.3.5 , android 2.2, etc.)
Also check your game and give me the version of the game.

Once I can get a group of ppl with the above information, I can send over.

nutmeg67
08-13-11, 06:44 PM
Do you close the app immediately after opening your store? I have found that you need to let it play for a few minutes and then the game proceeds normally (ie. sales at an appropriate rate).

Ania07
08-13-11, 07:01 PM
Hi the same thing happened to me n I had over 8000 items it resynced while I was restocking from the first ordeal I asked why do they not respond to complaints other gamers give u a response lol once again no response lol

kooky panda
08-13-11, 07:06 PM
Hi the same thing happened to me n I had over 8000 items it resynced while I was restocking from the first ordeal I asked why do they not respond to complaints other gamers give u a response lol once again no response lol

please read post 13. I have given a response .. you have stated your problem, but you did not provide information that I need to help.

colagummi
08-14-11, 03:37 AM
Hi...chiming in... I too found its safer to block registers then close the door when I had three or four sell outs in a row. It does take time to rebuild stock especially timing sixteen hour items. However, this week, I have stocked up, blocked resgisters then "reopen" in the morning and within fifteen minutes while I harvested Farmstory crops, I lost 75% of All I just spent last two days building up. so I guess my question is would be why the speed sales..this is a reoccurring thing. It happens every couple of weeks. I have two registers ; this morning Ionly unblocked one and "poof" there went my clothes. Any ideas orsuggests would be great. By the way, this never happens to my bakery, restaurant, or nightclub items. Thanks in advance!!

colagummi
08-14-11, 03:39 AM
Almost forgot, I do have most recent version of Fashion... and I play on An Ipad-version One.

kooky panda
08-14-11, 06:26 AM
Almost forgot, I do have most recent version of Fashion... and I play on An Ipad-version One.
Does your IPAD have the most current version from Itunes>? version 4.3.5.?

cooreygirl
08-14-11, 06:32 AM
Hi, tried again and things looking ok at present however expect it to happen again as it seems to be a weekly occurrence. I play on IPad1 OS 4.3.3(8j3), FS 1.2.4. Thanks Kooky . cooreygirl

kooky panda
08-14-11, 06:50 AM
Hi, tried again and things looking ok at present however expect it to happen again as it seems to be a weekly occurrence. I play on IPad1 OS 4.3.3(8j3), FS 1.2.4. Thanks Kooky . cooreygirl

cooreygirl- hey FYI there is a new version 4.3.5 in the app store for the IPAD. Try updating to the new version and see if that helps.

colagummi
08-14-11, 09:42 AM
hi Kooky.... how do I tell what version? If I look at Itunes on my Mac desktop its version 10.4. I am checking my setting on Ipad but didnt see anything...sorry to be. ""slow"" and I appreciate your help
Main thing I am trying to avoid by the way is accidentally update my FarmStory. I like the {older} version of that.

kooky panda
08-14-11, 09:44 AM
On ipad go to settings- then about- scroll down to version. current one is 4.3.5.

colagummi
08-14-11, 09:53 AM
4.2.1. I maynot have latest version then, but with your good directions, I found it right away..was looking for something that that said Itunes. sorry about that.

kooky panda
08-14-11, 12:07 PM
no problem. you reminded me to back up all my apple devices today.!!!

iLindy
08-15-11, 02:30 AM
cooreygirl thanks for coming back and giving me an update. I can try to report this as a bug and see if I can get any information. Before I can report this, I will need everyone that has this problem to come and give me the following information:
Device you are playing on(ipad, iphone, android) I also need the Os version of your device(ie IOS 4.3.5 , android 2.2, etc.)
Also check your game and give me the version of the game.

Once I can get a group of ppl with the above information, I can send over.

Hi.. I'm currently playing with the ipad version of Fashion Story. I've spent over the last 2 days replenishing the stocks (with the cash register blocking the door). When I unblock the door, the clothes disappeared within 30 mins!! Each item had more than 1000 pcs!! Would you be able to help me with this bug? Thanks!

kooky panda
08-15-11, 04:42 AM
I am just throwing this out there, but I have never blocked my door, or cash reg, etc. (except when I first started the game). I have never had this problem with everything selling quickly like this. Anyone having this problem, have you tried not blocking and letting you store just run ? Just a thought to see if maybe shutting down for days to build up clothes then opening, may
be throwing the game off??? I know there was always the debate when restaurant first came out that is was better to close up, stock up then open, or just running your food when open...
I never saw the difference in sales when I blocked door to cook, then cooking while open.

kooky panda
08-15-11, 04:41 PM
Okay guys I just got word from GM:

Closing doors and blocking registers, etc in any of the games, is not a design mechanic, its a work around some people have found in the games.

Since this is not a design feature built into the game, TL cannot verify if it will work or not work and why some people are having the sudden "quick" sales.

ell4bee
08-17-11, 11:12 AM
I would like to know what determines the amount of customers that enter a shop (besides happiness).
Is it the amount of display units? If so, does that include empty ones?
I've used a bunch of empty tables to build a fashion show runway, maybe that's a bad idea ...
Or is it the level you're at? Or the floorspace of the shop?
If others like my items, does that actually promote my shop, and increase customer numbers?

cooreygirl
08-17-11, 11:54 AM
Hi, thought I'd cracked it with blocking tills ect but just opened having spent best part of 24hrs stocking up to find I'd earned ?76k and 50% of my stock had gone. Looks like there's no answer to it. it's so disheartening and takes all the pleasure out of it.

kooky panda
08-17-11, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=cooreygirl;112358]Hi, thought I'd cracked it with blocking tills ect but just opened having spent best part of 24hrs stocking up to find I'd earned ?76k and 50% of my stock had gone. Looks like there's no answer to it. it's so disheartening and takes all the pleasure out of it.[/QUOT

I have seen alot of ppl having problems when they leave store blocked for a long period. This time since you usually stock up for 24 hrs. Go to the store in about 8 hours and just open and let a few things sell, then block again. Then go back in another 8 hours. etc.
Maybe if the store is not blocked for a long period, it may help.
Just think of it as a big store closes for a day preparing for a BIG sale. All of us are outside the door waiting to shop.... They finally open their doors, we all trample over everyone and clean out the store because we had to wait so long to get in!!!

cooreygirl
08-17-11, 03:26 PM
Lol, your very sweet Kooky. I'll soldier on! Thanks again :)

zoroak
08-17-11, 04:04 PM
Not sure if this is correct or not but I notice that each rack of clothes or each table of accessories, sells out at a rate of roughly 600 or so items per 24 hours. So if you are blocking your cashier or door for 2 days, make sure that you have stocked up at least 1500 items as 1200 items will disappear from racks or tables once you unblock and leave for an hour or even less. Tempting to stock more racks and tables with less items per rack or table but this may mean items disappear within minutes of unblocking.

Say if you order a set of 3-4 items from the same ensemble, requiring the same amount of time to be ordered and be ready from the catalogue, out of these items, I noticed the one with least numbers of the ensemble, are emptied from racks or tables first so I reckon there's a rate per hour of sales. I now tend to go for clothing that give most numbers per unit time it takes to order from the catalogue and making sure I stock everyday and have at least 600 items on each rack/table.

No guarantees this will work for you, but seems to work for me

kooky panda
08-17-11, 04:07 PM
Lol, your very sweet Kooky. I'll soldier on! Thanks again :)

let me know if this works. It would be great to be able to find a fix for this.

driftboutique
08-17-11, 04:14 PM
Just a question, for people who are having the problem when blocking the registers, are you blocking them by putting against a wall or blocking with an object? I always block with ottomans and I have never had the quick sell when blocking the registers instead of the doors. I routinely shut my store for 3-5 days at a time. Also, I never open my store until I have 2000+ on each table/rack, although I suppose that in part this depends on how many tables/racks you have.

cpgerdes
08-17-11, 04:14 PM
I had my clothing disappear twice today also! And the clothing that I had ordered was no longer there, it was replaced by an order that I made earlier today, and was expired. It was like the last 4 hours did not exist! I thought this happened earlier today, but I wrote it off as thinking I was crazy, until it happened again. If this keeps happening, I am going to quit the game, I dont want to have to keep repeating what I already did.

ell4bee
08-18-11, 06:27 AM
Has anyone tried blocking dressing rooms or mirrors?

ourshop3
08-18-11, 07:26 AM
When you closed your shop, block the doors or register you CANNOT go into any other part of the game. So you cannot collect likes, visit neighbors, change your avatar. The only thing you can do is work the catalog, order items and pick up items. I am on level 66 and this has work for me. I hope this helps.

ell4bee
08-18-11, 02:26 PM
I'm starting an experiment: how to decrease your sales without having to block doors or registers.
I'm level 43, 17x20 floorspace, and I have 41 display units in use (and 6 empty ones for decoration).
I'm tracking the "sales per hour" on 4 items with a starting stock of 900, 1500, 9800 and 30600 respectively.
So far I have seen that all 4 items sell with a rate of roughly 30 items per hour.
I now put 2 of my 7 wadrobes, and 1 of my 7 mirrors into storage. At first I got a lot of broken hearts, but after 10 minutes or so the happiness was back to 100%.
But does that mean less customers and fewer sales? I will know tomorrow. Watch this space :)

kooky panda
08-22-11, 09:26 AM
Of our wonderful members does a store in a store.

Instead of closing her doors, she blocks off an area while she is restocking. Happiness may go down, but she does not lose all the clothes.

To keep the happiness up, maybe having your store in sections. Block off a section that you are restocking, and leave a section open to sell.
Then go back and open up that section and close off the other section to restock??

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/6f672639.jpg

sweetnuthins2
08-23-11, 05:24 PM
I have the same issue....I spend days to fill the store, and then if I log out and log back in, the store is empty. Yes, I get the money, but I don't see the fun in it. I also play Bakery, Restaurant, City, and Farm Story. I don't have an issue in those games, just Fashion Story. I have over 10,000 of the items when I open, and it wipes me out. I didn't have this problem with my other phone. ( Same phone model, just had to get a new one from Verizon. Both were/are the Android 2)

kooky panda
08-23-11, 05:38 PM
I have the same issue....I spend days to fill the store, and then if I log out and log back in, the store is empty. Yes, I get the money, but I don't see the fun in it. I also play Bakery, Restaurant, City, and Farm Story. I don't have an issue in those games, just Fashion Story. I have over 10,000 of the items when I open, and it wipes me out. I didn't have this problem with my other phone. ( Same phone model, just had to get a new one from Verizon. Both were/are the Android 2)

after you come back in and open are you letting the game run for a while before leaving or visiting nbrs? Some ppl have said to open but let it run a while and do not leave the game.

colagummi
08-23-11, 05:39 PM
AGAIN......stocked and stocked...blocked one register left other open for thirty to forty minutes while eating dinner cand came back tomalmost 80% sold. i had well over 1000 items on almost each rack....whats with this? I never have this problem with club, bakery or restaurant. I am really about ready to give up on my "boutique ". it is not worth the frustration.

colagummi
08-23-11, 05:42 PM
ps i am on an i pad one and have update pad with version on I tune/app store

kooky panda
08-23-11, 05:44 PM
AGAIN......stocked and stocked...blocked one register left other open for thirty to forty minutes while eating dinner cand came back tomalmost 80% sold. i had well over 1000 items on almost each rack....whats with this? I never have this problem with club, bakery or restaurant. I am really about ready to give up on my "boutique ". it is not worth the frustration.

did you close the game or leave the screen up and running while you ate?

colagummi
08-23-11, 06:54 PM
come to think of it...i may have closed game...because i also went and checked anither lava ame, then ate, then went back to store... will have to track this... I really appreciate you writing back...!!

temcurtis
08-25-11, 08:24 PM
Somwtimes i block to restock and the only time i have lost my inventory was when the game force closed on me. Otherwise, i unblock and let the gamr play for 15)20 mins and its fine.

colagummi
08-31-11, 04:33 PM
AGAIN.... carefully stocked store, unblocked register after coming home from work, left store & went to harvest farm and check bakery..came back to 90% items gone. i am so close to quitting fashion story...i pad has been updated and everything.... so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachael98
08-31-11, 04:41 PM
AGAIN.... carefully stocked store, unblocked register after coming home from work, left store & went to harvest farm and check bakery..came back to 90% items gone. i am so close to quitting fashion story...i pad has been updated and everything.... so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be frustrating...
I want to ask a question now- GM, how are your guys doing towards getting this fixed?

kooky panda
08-31-11, 04:52 PM

how long did you let fashion run before you left and opened up the farm game?

kooky panda
08-31-11, 04:54 PM
It must be frustrating...
I want to ask a question now- GM, how are your guys doing towards getting this fixed?

This is not a bug problem, Please see post 28.

Rachael98
08-31-11, 04:55 PM
This is not a bug problem, Please see post 28.

Surely TL are working on verifying why sales speed up?
If not, you have my sincere apologies.

colagummi
08-31-11, 05:10 PM
about 15 minutes. collected thumbs up, sent gifts, set up batch clothes for later tonight....left and checked farm (and restaurant) came back arpund and "poof" gpne gone gone

kooky panda
08-31-11, 05:11 PM
Surely TL are working on verifying why sales speed up?
If not, you have my sincere apologies.

no they are not because this is not a bug or a glitch with the design that Team Lava created for this game.
If you read this thread you will see that members are now coming together comparing notes to find out why some ppl can block and not have the quick sales.

kooky panda
08-31-11, 05:13 PM
about 15 minutes. collected thumbs up, sent gifts, set up batch clothes for later tonight....left and checked farm (and restaurant) came back arpund and "poof" gpne gone gone
okay did you let the game run 15 minutes before you collected your likes and sent your gifts?

colagummi
08-31-11, 05:16 PM
i did noyice that ths appens to me less often if i block a register. then it did when i close doors....it happend more frequently then....i generally blokck at night right before i go to bed and then repopen in a.m. before work... close during day and reopen and do the short term clothes in the evening.... it just seems that there should be some way to compromise. /should i go back to only one register instead of two? and I only have the one door..... all this "" trauma"" over a cute little game. kind of funny if u think about it...

colagummi
08-31-11, 05:17 PM
anyhow i always apprciate this tips kooky and others....

sethvsmom2
02-01-18, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been playing Fashion Story for many years now and this problem with clothes disappearing is something new. It just started in the past month or 2. It's sooooo frustrating to spend so much time and effort trying to stock up my shop, just to lose all of it in a matter of seconds. It always happens when I get the message that my game is "out of sync". Then, as soon as it refreshes...poof...every item...gone. It happens while I am in the middle of putting clothes out, ordering clothes, gathering tips, or rearranging furniture. It happens so sporadically, there is no way to predict when or why it happens. It is directly related to the "out of sync" issue and refreshing the game.
I really want to see something done about this. I have contacted Storm 8 support, but the problem is ongoing.
I love this game and have spent countless hours and money (buying gems), but I cannot continue to play if something doesn't change with this issue. Does anyone else happen to know how to prevent this? (This has nothing to do with blocking the doors or cash register)
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

kooky panda
02-02-18, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been playing Fashion Story for many years now and this problem with clothes disappearing is something new. It just started in the past month or 2. It's sooooo frustrating to spend so much time and effort trying to stock up my shop, just to lose all of it in a matter of seconds. It always happens when I get the message that my game is "out of sync". Then, as soon as it refreshes...poof...every item...gone. It happens while I am in the middle of putting clothes out, ordering clothes, gathering tips, or rearranging furniture. It happens so sporadically, there is no way to predict when or why it happens. It is directly related to the "out of sync" issue and refreshing the game.
I really want to see something done about this. I have contacted Storm 8 support, but the problem is ongoing.
I love this game and have spent countless hours and money (buying gems), but I cannot continue to play if something doesn't change with this issue. Does anyone else happen to know how to prevent this? (This has nothing to do with blocking the doors or cash register)
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
When you leave you game and come back and start playing, it will take a few seconds for your game to sync up with the servers.

1. Will you leave the game, close out the game so when you come back to play, your game will load up fresh.
2. When you come back to play, go visit a neighbor or collect some tips to give you game time to sync up before doing any tasks.

Make sure you are playing the most current version of the game.