PDA

View Full Version : Unlock scam!!!!!

theyeti1
08-09-11, 09:59 AM
I am level 76 and so have no more slots to purchase and put out another oven. Last night at work I noticed in the design tab for ovens it said "Unlock for 24 gems" so I did. Nothing. No unlocks, no ability to place another stove. This is so disingenuous. It needs corrected! Not me getting my money back but the removing of the false "unlock now"

GroupMagma
08-09-11, 10:20 AM
Can you please provide us with more info about this, including your device, OS and a screenshot of the bug (if possible)?
Also, this would also be an issue where you should write into Support. They should be able to help you with this.

Halibel
08-09-11, 10:23 AM
This "Unlock Scam" wasn't meant to ***** people of their money, it was simply a programming error.

xokay
08-09-11, 10:23 AM
I noticed that GM forgot to include the email for support. It's support@teamlava.com Good luck!

theyeti1
08-09-11, 10:24 AM
I did...thanks. iPhone by the way. If you have iOS it should be showing up on yours also. We have 3 and an iPad and it's on all of those. I think maybe it is for you to get another stove before you reach the next level, except at the end when there is no other level, so at that point it needs removed or it gets misleading probably not on purpose just oversight. Thanks again.

theyeti1
08-09-11, 10:27 AM
Thanks x...and again, after further looking I probably shouldn't have used the word scam, but glitch.

talyon
08-09-11, 12:00 PM
Yes i agree simply a glitch, as for why this function was added (which i love this feature) was possibly to have players use gems quicker in order to bring in a flux of new cash to TL as we buy gems to use this feature.

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 02:08 PM
I did...thanks. iPhone by the way. If you have iOS it should be showing up on yours also. We have 3 and an iPad and it's on all of those. I think maybe it is for you to get another stove before you reach the next level, except at the end when there is no other level, so at that point it needs removed or it gets misleading probably not on purpose just oversight. Thanks again.

It's weird that this player

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16074-My-bakery-(photo-inside)

was able to buy more appliances than I've ever seen in a bakery. Looks like you can by unlimited appliances UNTIL you reach that level where unlocking new appliances is no longer an option. I don't think that's how TL intended it to work so, like you said, I think it's a glitch that needs to be fixed.

Rachael98
08-09-11, 02:14 PM
Glitches happen I suppose...hopefully Support (e-mail above or here (support@teamlava.com) in case you can't be bothered to scroll up again:p) can reimburse you. Best of luck.

greygull
08-09-11, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure about Bakery, but in Restaurant I know you can continue to purchase appliance slots after you have reached the maximum unlocked ones. I've seen 39 appliances in one place.

talyon
08-09-11, 10:28 PM
Correct, as long as you are willing to pay, u can have as many as you wish, same in Fashion Story. This is not a glitch, but a way to spend gems which cost money. Ergo TL makes income, ergo we get weekly updates.

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure about Bakery, but in Restaurant I know you can continue to purchase appliance slots after you have reached the maximum unlocked ones. I've seen 39 appliances in one place.

And they were purchased after the owner had passed up the last level to unlock a new appliance?

greygull
08-09-11, 10:32 PM
And they were purchased after the owner had passed up the last level to unlock a new appliance?

Yes, I believe the person was already level 96.

talyon
08-09-11, 10:35 PM
As long as they well fit in your story, u can buy as many as u like or can afford.

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 10:39 PM
As long as they well fit in your story, u can buy as many as u like or can afford.

Then we know it's a bakery only glitch. Hopefully that will help the engineers find the problem and fix it.

LanokaHarbor
08-09-11, 11:10 PM
Why is it a glitch if you can buy appliances? I don't get it. I understand that you are limited to a certain number of appliances based on what level you are on. But if someone can spend their gems on adding another appliance anyway, why is that considered a glitch?

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 11:11 PM
Why is it a glitch if you can buy appliances? I don't get it. I understand that you are limited to a certain number of appliances based on what level you are on. But if someone can spend their gems on adding another appliance anyway, why is that considered a glitch?

The OP spent the gems but received no appliance.

LanokaHarbor
08-09-11, 11:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh! I'm such a blonde!

theyeti1
08-10-11, 05:37 PM
Team lava fixed it. Got the appliance. Gems away...I'm going for 25 ovens!!!! Woot woot

cat2861
08-21-11, 02:30 PM
Why is it if you have a Droid that 24 gem option to get another appliance is not available? Will it become available? I would think TL would want to get the Droid users to spend money on these gems too!!!!

Mogwai4111
08-21-11, 02:37 PM
Why is it if you have a Droid that 24 gem option to get another appliance is not available? Will it become available? I would think TL would want to get the Droid users to spend money on these gems too!!!!

Numbers. Only 20% of players are on Android. If you were TL would you rather make a feature twice so that it works for both devices, or two different features, both for iOS, 80% of the users.

Businesses need to give the most attention to their biggest source of revenue, and for TL that's iOS by far.

ariesblu
08-21-11, 03:27 PM
Numbers. Only 20% of players are on Android. If you were TL would you rather make a feature twice so that it works for both devices, or two different features, both for iOS, 80% of the users.

Businesses need to give the most attention to their biggest source of revenue, and for TL that's iOS by far.

Where did you get those statistics?

Whether they are true or not, tl decided to venture into the android market. If it's too hard for them to make the game equally accessible and equally fair among the platforms, then they shouldn't have ventured onto it. Point blank period.

filo66
08-21-11, 07:59 PM
Where did you get those statistics?

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/06/08/storm8-perry-tam-1-million/

(Thanks, Mog, for the link!)

Whether they are true or not, tl decided to venture into the android market. If it's too hard for them to make the game equally accessible and equally fair among the platforms, then they shouldn't have ventured onto it. Point blank period.

+1

The question about the split above, considering it's off from the Android/iOS split in the wild, is this: Does TL do less business with Android folks because they shortchange them like this time and time again?

I know I'm not paying for gems because I'm not treated fairly as a user. How many others like me are out there?