PDA

View Full Version : BS on Ipod Touch... keeps crashing and locking up... ???

briguynv
08-09-11, 03:48 AM
My iPhone game seems fine... but BS & RS run MUCH slower on my Touch... I even deleted almost everything on it, so the memory isn't maxed out. But now, worse, Monday and now early Tue morning, BS keeps crashing, and freezing up, for up to 5 mins at a time. A few mins ago, it was totally frozen... wouldn't quit, I couldn't even power the touch down... it was totally locked up! Finally, after holding down the power button for about 30 seconds, it finally came back up!

I deleted both games... then reinstalled them... and still doing it.

Any ideas??

kooky panda
08-09-11, 04:44 AM
Try connecting to iTunes to make sure you have the most recent version.

sftmac
08-09-11, 09:20 AM
I am having similar problems since I downloaded the new upgrade. Both BS and CS kick me out. I can't play for more than a minute to five minutes before I'm kicked out. I have forced-quit several times, checked with iTunes, App Store and Game Center, and nothing is making any difference. I was ready to re-install until I read the above the post. I run a iPhone 4. Worse, sometimes when I open CS I see BS for a split second before CS comes up. I have received the "out of sync" message several times from BS, but nothing is changing. What more can I do?

silver_dew
08-09-11, 09:29 AM
Also, ensure you have a good wifi connection. If not, then ur game will keep crashing.

sftmac
08-09-11, 09:34 AM
It doesn't seem to matter whether I have three, four, or five bars. I've tried the game with all of them. It still happens even when I have five bars.

kooky panda
08-09-11, 09:34 AM
I am having similar problems since I downloaded the new upgrade. Both BS and CS kick me out. I can't play for more than a minute to five minutes before I'm kicked out. I have forced-quit several times, checked with iTunes, App Store and Game Center, and nothing is making any difference. I was ready to re-install until I read the above the post. I run a iPhone 4. Worse, sometimes when I open CS I see BS for a split second before CS comes up. I have received the "out of sync" message several times from BS, but nothing is changing. What more can I do?

If you are on an iphone try the 3G service to see if it helps(getting off wifi). If you still have problems, delete the game and redownload it from the app store.
Your game will be saved.
If none of these work, then you can email support@teamlava.com . Give them your name and storm Id and tell them version of Iphone you are on.

briguynv
08-09-11, 03:34 PM
Weird, I already replied to this, but it vanished! Ugh!
Yes, I forgot to mention that... I DO have the current version... I check every couple of days anyway, but made sure to check last night, and again today. Last night after I quit playing, I also noticed that another app froze up... yet none of this happened prior to downloading BS & RS... big coincidence? I don't think so. My Touch has started acting up, very slow, etc ever since I downloaded & started playing these games. Seems odd!

Rachael98
08-09-11, 03:39 PM
Weird, I already replied to this, but it vanished! Ugh!
Yes, I forgot to mention that... I DO have the current version... I check every couple of days anyway, but made sure to check last night, and again today. Last night after I quit playing, I also noticed that another app froze up... yet none of this happened prior to downloading BS & RS... big coincidence? I don't think so. My Touch has started acting up, very slow, etc ever since I downloaded & started playing these games. Seems odd!

Unless they've affected your memory (or TL have somehow deceived Apple and us and put in viruses, which is highly unlikely and probably very difficult), it is probably just a coincidence.

briguynv
08-09-11, 06:04 PM
I didn't think that it's a virus or anything, I'm just afraid it's a bug or some error in this update that isn't friendly to touch software... since it's older & different than the iphone and newer touch software versions. I don't think it's on purpose... but it could easily be a glitch that is slowing everything down, and causing everything to freeze up.

Rachael98
08-09-11, 06:06 PM
I didn't think that it's a virus or anything, I'm just afraid it's a bug or some error in this update that isn't friendly to touch software... since it's older & different than the iphone and newer touch software versions. I don't think it's on purpose... but it could easily be a glitch that is slowing everything down, and causing everything to freeze up.

Nothing wrong on my 4G.

briguynv
08-09-11, 06:32 PM
4G what? I don't understand what you mean. My touch is an older generation... which is my point, it's different software versions than the newer ones... so maybe it's a glitch that only is affecting older generations. My iphone4 works great also... it's just the touch, and just since the update have I noticed the issues.

Rachael98
08-09-11, 06:34 PM
4G what? I don't understand what you mean. My touch is an older generation... which is my point, it's different software versions than the newer ones... so maybe it's a glitch that only is affecting older generations. My iphone4 works great also... it's just the touch, and just since the update have I noticed the issues.

4G=4th Generation.
Perhaps...can TL test it on their devices perhaps?

greygull
08-09-11, 07:13 PM

Is it starting to affect other apps? Have you deleted unused apps, to help clear up memory?

briguynv
08-10-11, 02:59 AM
Yes, it's starting to affect other apps... like I use a White Noise machine app when I sleep... it kept freezing and crashing last night... and it's NEVER done that in all the time I've owned it. It just goes quiet for a few mins... then comes back on... then goes quiet... then starts up again. And twice it totally crashed and shut down. It never did that before last night.
And yes, I was worried about memory, so I deleted almost all my music from the touch, and many unused apps... I have the 8gb touch, and I'm showing 4.7gb available... well over half my memory is free!
It hasn't totally crashed today (tue)... but it has still be VERY slow and froze up many times, for up to 5-6 mins at a time sometimes. Just don't know... just seems weird that I never had any issues until this last update... so IDK.
Oh and I found out my touch is 2nd generation... and IS up to date on software.

kooky panda
08-10-11, 06:12 AM
Backup with iTunes and reset your device..through iTunes. There is also a thread about older devices, some tips I will go find it for you.

kooky panda
08-10-11, 06:14 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15048-Anyone-else-experiencing-this&highlight=experiencing

Here is tech thread that might be helpful

briguynv
08-10-11, 10:30 PM
Thanks Kooky... interesting read... but I deleted almost everything, so I have plenty of space on the hard drive. And they talked about playing a while, and then it starts lagging... mine since the update, lags practically immediately most times... even after a reboot and shutting down all the apps... so not sure if it's exactly the same.
But it's good to know I'm not alone, and that it's most likely the older gen devices and software just can't handle the activity as easily, so that's probably most of it. Just weird that it seemed fine prior to this last update. If I could afford a new touch I'd get it... but that will have to wait! lol Hopefully it stays just slow as it is now, and doesn't crash anymore.

Also... Kooky or Greygull, since you're both mods... off-topic, any idea if anyone with the forum will ever respond to my request for help about getting my email address in my profile, so I get email notifications of replies?? Every time I try, I get weird error messages that make no sense. I sent an email on here to support like a week ago, and I posted a thread in general bugs/feedback (not in a specific game)... and haven't gotten any official responses in the thread, and nothing from the email. Would be really nice to get notified when people respond in the threads I'm subscribed to.

greygull
08-10-11, 10:38 PM
Sorry our suggestions haven't helped. I was playing on a touch before, and I had a lot of lagging. Of course, I also have like 10 full pages of apps.

As for the email, that is a known issue with vBulletin. Same as why some people have info under their names when posting, and some don't. They are working on it (I know, generic answer), but they are trying. :)

briguynv
08-10-11, 11:00 PM
Oh... okay... I really hope they fix it soon. Although I wish someone had replied to me to let me know they are working on it.
Someone mentioned 'vbulletin', but I had no idea what that is or what it meant, so I wasn't sure it was related.
Is that also why I don't have an 'edit' button on ANY of my posts?? I posted once, and realized I wanted to add something... and then realized I have no edit button.

greygull
08-10-11, 11:06 PM
I apologize for no one getting back to you about it. Yes, it's the same reason you can't edit. I'm not tech savvy enough, all I'm sure about is what I've been told about it. But I think I'm not able to do the email part either now. I guess I registered early enough to get the editing, but I didn't try the email part until about a month ago.