PDA

View Full Version : So, a Senior Member posts "I'm Outta Here" and gets instantly shut down

hectorloch
08-08-11, 03:12 PM
He said he'd had enough. The thread was immediately closed and moved to Off Topic where it remains closed.

A Super Mod post then immediately appears reminding us that topics which are non Lava related should be in Off Topic - its appearance being so closely associated in timing and circumstance that it's hard not to conclude it was directly related to Gobblies thread.

I presume it was previously in a game section and got moved as "non Lava related". But it's still shut. Forgive me, but when someone writes on the TL Forum he's had enough and he's "outta" here, do you not think it's highly likely it IS Lava related ?

I'd like to know. So, I'm going to guess do a lot of players. Please re-open the thread.

Or ... are you going to shut me down now ?

sterlingempire
08-08-11, 03:15 PM
Gobblies did the wrong thing. But look at his wall on Restaurant story. He is bad-mouthing teamlava. He was bringing up dead threads and many told him to stop... though he brought up that easter thread from last year!

GroupMagma
08-08-11, 03:24 PM
It's not specific to one of the games. He's done with the TL forums, and while that's unfortunate, it's not related to the games.

As for the lock, I didn't feel further conversation in the thread was necessary, as he stated he did not want attention and/or hatemail. I left the thread locked but view-able so the message could still be displayed. No disciplinary action has been taken, and that user is more than welcome to post again.

Hawaiianmomma
08-08-11, 03:26 PM
maybe it was important to gobblies, the forum is a platform for our thoughts or ideas whether or not we agree to disagree. I've lost inventory many many of a time I paid gems for, I have overlooked many offensives, lost friends because the unability to block trolls and watch them get harassed for months with no end. See friends get outrageously overcharged on their credit cards or not even receive their purchases with no return support email.I like my story series so I've just hanged back all this time waiting for fixes. I'm into political controversy not human adversity. and this forum is the platform to do so within the games we play and love/hate. Each one has a right to their opinion, it's a customers prerogative.

Rachael98
08-08-11, 03:31 PM
It's not specific to one of the games. He's done with the TL forums, and while that's unfortunate, it's not related to the games.

As for the lock, I didn't feel further conversation in the thread was necessary, as he stated he did not want attention and/or hatemail. I left the thread locked but view-able so the message could still be displayed. No disciplinary action has been taken, and that user is more than welcome to post again.

Well I'm glad that no Dis. Ac. was taken and I'll assume that you mean across the board rather than just forum suspensions; I feared that Support's decisions may have caused it to be quite frank.
As for the fact that he's done with the forums, the same might hold true for some games too. His NcS wall has harassment from another user. Sadly, I know that Support won't take Dis. Ac. because I know that it doesn't fit their criteria because Cobalt told me a few months ago what did. And that user also quit anyway.
I think that there might have been something else going on too, but I'm not a detective and I don't particularly wish to pursue this any longer unless it leads to the return of Gobblies who I'm pretty sure is the user in question.

sterlingempire
08-08-11, 03:35 PM
All happening so fast. :( Yes, I agree with Rachael. No more on this subject from me.

hectorloch
08-08-11, 03:39 PM
Gobblies did the wrong thing. But look at his wall on Restaurant story. He is bad-mouthing teamlava. He was bringing up dead threads and many told him to stop... though he brought up that easter thread from last year!

Right, I see and immediately modify. I did check all his recent posts but couldn't see what had wound him up. I don't do RS.

If he's free to re-post, fine.

redbites
08-08-11, 03:40 PM
I didn't know that gobblies was a Teamlava employee? It says so on his profile

pinkster73
08-08-11, 03:41 PM
Give it some time. I think gobblies is upset and angry. Hopefully with a bit of time he will come back and everything will be ok.

GroupMagma
08-08-11, 03:45 PM

Gobblies is not a TL employee, to my knowledge (and I'd probably know -- it's a small company :) )

sterlingempire
08-08-11, 03:45 PM

It does? Where?

Rachael98
08-08-11, 03:47 PM
Gobblies is not a TL employee, to my knowledge (and I'd probably know -- it's a small company :) )

Oh great...

Basic Information
About gobblies
BiographyI am nice, funny, sensative and i love to tAlk
LocationBrisbane, QLD Australia
Interestsrestaurant story, wii, exploring, talking
Occupationrestaurateur, teamlava employee

I'm pretty sure that that's worth a discipline...including the possibility of a permanent termination:(.

sterlingempire
08-08-11, 03:48 PM
Oh great...

I'm pretty sure that that's worth a discipline...including the possibility of a permanent termination:(.

OMG. Impersonating a TL employee! :( :(

Rachael98
08-08-11, 03:49 PM
OMG. Impersonating a TL employee! :( :(

Directly, as well...not alluding to, but directly. Now this is definately a SuperMod case.

pinkster73
08-08-11, 03:53 PM
Ok whoa. It was probably just a joke. Don't over react. Be calm and give it time.

Rachael98
08-08-11, 03:56 PM
Ok whoa. It was probably just a joke. Don't over react. Be calm and give it time.

You don't joke about stuff like that. Honest. In a game, Support would almost certainly place permanent bans on it for that offense (I'm not Support, I'm guessing).

• Impersonating a TeamLava Employee
Posts and/or private messages that allude to and/or contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, attempt to impersonate a TeamLava employee.

GroupMagma
08-08-11, 03:57 PM
I think this has been adequately explained. If anyone has any additional questions, they can ask me via PM.