PDA

View Full Version : Selling items to get gem refund

Kadencesmom
08-08-11, 12:43 PM
I have 63 tiles that were 1 gem each that I am no longer using and have stored. I would LOVE to get those gems back to buy other things...even if I can not get them all. If I sell them I can not get them back....is there anyway to get my gems back when selling them?? I paid for these so I should be able to get all 68 back and use them however I want.

bawpotter
08-08-11, 12:56 PM
Sadly, floor tiles cannot be sold. TL may evantually come out with this option, but not currently.

Halibel
08-08-11, 01:03 PM
Even if you could sell floor tiles, it would be unfair to sell your unwanted 4th place magic box prizes to get a 1st place one.

greygull
08-08-11, 01:05 PM
Also, any items purchased with gems always are sold back for coins. So any item you try to sell, be sure you didn't spend gems on it, they will not be returned.

Kadencesmom
08-08-11, 01:16 PM
Even if you could sell floor tiles, it would be unfair to sell your unwanted 4th place magic box prizes to get a 1st place one.

These are not magic box prizes but rather tiles I bought with my own money through the purchase of gems.

Kadencesmom
08-08-11, 01:17 PM
Also, any items purchased with gems always are sold back for coins. So any item you try to sell, be sure you didn't spend gems on it, they will not be returned.

Thanks for the heads up...It really should be that I have a choice since I bought the gems.:confused:

BloodRoses
08-13-11, 09:29 AM
So really what you're saying is that you purchased something (gems/tiles), used said purchase, and now are tired of them and want your money/gems back...lol! I wish the world worked that way....wouldn't it be nice to go the store and buy something, take it home and use it and then just bring it back to store when I no longer want it and demand my money back because after all I did purchase the item with real money!!!

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound rude, but I am getting so tired of people blaming tl because they can't get theirr wayA. You are playing a free game with free updates! You do not have to spend real money to play and enjoy this game, however, if you feel you will only be happy playing this game with gem bought items it is YOUR CHOICE to spend real money as tl does provide a way for you to earn gems for FREE!!

If you choose to purchase gem items with gems earned or with purchased gems YOU have chosen towhat you want to purchase for your bakery and it is not fair to blame tl and demand your gems back if you are unhappy with the items YOU CHOSE to purchase!!!!

If you are that unhappy play another game, but don't blame tl for your choices...

~Kat

myweedpatch
08-13-11, 09:34 AM
That's a bit snarky of you BloodrosesAll of us players agree that it would be nice to get some kind of value back when we sell things back.

So really what you're saying is that you purchased something (gems/tiles), used said purchase, and now are tired of them and want your money/gems back...lol! I wish the world worked that way....wouldn't it be nice to go the store and buy something, take it home and use it and then just bring it back to store when I no longer want it and demand my money back because after all I did purchase the item with real money!!!

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound rude, but I am getting so tired of people blaming tl because they can't get theirr wayA. You are playing a free game with free updates! You do not have to spend real money to play and enjoy this game, however, if you feel you will only be happy playing this game with gem bought items it is YOUR CHOICE to spend real money as tl does provide a way for you to earn gems for FREE!!

If you choose to purchase gem items with gems earned or with purchased gems YOU have chosen towhat you want to purchase for your bakery and it is not fair to blame tl and demand your gems back if you are unhappy with the items YOU CHOSE to purchase!!!!

If you are that unhappy play another game, but don't blame tl for your choices...

~Kat

pinkster73
08-13-11, 09:46 AM
That's a bit snarky of you BloodrosesAll of us players agree that it would be nice to get some kind of value back when we sell things back.

I'm sure she didn't mean to come across snarky, she was making the point that life doesn't work that way. :)

BloodRoses
08-13-11, 09:56 AM
My apologies...I just reread my post and it was a little snarky, but I still stand by what I said....I too would love to be able to buy things with gems and get my gems back if I decide I don't want the item after all, but if I make a choice to buy something with gems knowing that once I make that purchase my gems are gone I can't blame tl! What we're talking about is buyer's remorse! In the real world you can't buy something, bring it home and use it and then later return it to the store and get your money back and that is what the original poster wanted! She purchased tiles with gems and now that she is tired of them she want tl to take them back and refund her gems!

As tl provides these games and updates free of charge, the way they can do that is by selling gems! If tl refunded gems for gem purchases and usage like this then no one would buy gems, they would just get recycled through purchases and tl would no longer have the income to provide free games with free updates! Would you rather tl charge for playing the games and charge for updated?

myweedpatch
08-13-11, 10:26 AM
Yep. It is the way life is.

However, I can't tell you how many times I've foolishly dipped in the surprise boxes and got a completely nonuseful ugly item or worse, repeated completely ugly item! I ranted and raved too! Now, it's not the exact same as what the original complaint was, but surprise boxes really tick me off...I've personally spent over $400 on gem purchases and you would think by now I would have gotten a cool house out of those boxes. But I haven't. Bottom line, it's gambling, a $5 bet each time.

The repeat item issue is less of an issue than it was, but I whole heartedly believe that if they are more selective and thoughtful with what they put in the boxes (even 4th prize ones), or if they allow us to deny or accept an item or alternatively, not force us to buy blind items (which seems to be the only way to get the special house or item), then we end users would stop feeling so taken advantage of. Happy customers buy more and they would need less support services for the games.

As for the buy back...well, I think everyone can agree that buying an item for 24 gems and selling it back for 2500 isn't a real fair trade off, especially because coins can be earned.

I for one am tired of the senior forum members jumping down the people who have concerns or questions throats. I think it would be more beneficial if they try to understand where the person is coming from. Afterall, it's a very harsh economy out there, money is tight for many and it's their hard earned cash they are concerned with...not yours, or mine or anyone else's.

Let's face it. TL is a business. Gems are their commodity. It keeps them running. However, they need to keep in mind that making their customers happy and content is a better business model and more economical since they have less complaints, need less support services and happy custers will buy more items , thus more gems to buy those items.

Just saying....ok, I admit...I said alot! Sorry about that. :-)

myweedpatch
08-13-11, 10:44 AM
Just something to think about...how many would spend $400 on a guitar hero game, a monopoly board game and not be able to get and see what we want.

Now that i think about it...Maybe I would have spent $50 on this game originally (as opposed to getting the app alone for free) if it came with everything already. Sure would have saved me a lot! But that's hindsight talking.

I think that if you spend 1 gem for an item then well, maybe you can't recoup much, but selling back something you paid 24 for? Well, it would be nice to get back a certain % back in gems. Just dreaming...

pinkster73
08-13-11, 11:21 AM
I completely agree that the 24 gem boxes should contain better items for 4th place. Some of them are so bad its ridiculous.

And I do understand where the op is coming from, but its totally unrealistic to expect to get your money back from something you knowingly purchased, then used, and are now tired of.

sterlingempire
08-13-11, 12:39 PM
@MWP: Could not have said it better.

Kadencesmom
08-13-11, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all who defended me despite the fact that I had no idea I was doing anything wrong by asking a simple question...I just want to say to bloodrose....get a life! Your post was rude, snarky, or whatever other cute little word you choose to call it. I have every right to ask a question....and even complain if I want to, which I wasn't. You do not have to read nor respond to anything I write. And as for the "real world"...this is a game and is not the real world. what is the difference in buying and "using" items for coins then selling them back for coins versus buying and using items I bought with gems and selling them back for gems? I would be ok with not getting back the full "gem" value". You see those of us who have any kind of common sense see a gem purchase as just that...a gem purchase...and not a purchase of a real floor tile from Home Depot that was used and then pulled up and brought back...come on now really? If I spend my own money on the game, I should be able to get at least partial refund for that money just as I can do for the coins.....what is the difference?

Let the record show again...I was not and am not complaining....but your post was rude so I am simply not going to let you think it is ok to speak to people like that...speaking of the "real world"...I sure hope you do not speak to everyone whom you have never met like this or some may think that you are a very ugly person. Just saying....

Kadencesmom
08-14-11, 06:36 AM
By the way....i did not blame tl for anything....did not say 1bad thing about them so before u jump down a strangers back, read their posts huh?

babalamub
08-15-11, 02:34 PM
i have purchased a bunch of boxes and some of them I hate and some are triples. I understand I can't get gems back but how many coins do you get for items you purchase in a box?

pinksweets4u
08-17-11, 02:23 PM
This is kinda funny. Never heard anyone ask for their gems back after using the stuff.

pinkster73
08-17-11, 02:31 PM
Thanks for all who defended me despite the fact that I had no idea I was doing anything wrong by asking a simple question...I just want to say to bloodrose....get a life! Your post was rude, snarky, or whatever other cute little word you choose to call it. I have every right to ask a question....and even complain if I want to, which I wasn't. You do not have to read nor respond to anything I write. And as for the "real world"...this is a game and is not the real world. what is the difference in buying and "using" items for coins then selling them back for coins versus buying and using items I bought with gems and selling them back for gems? I would be ok with not getting back the full "gem" value". You see those of us who have any kind of common sense see a gem purchase as just that...a gem purchase...and not a purchase of a real floor tile from Home Depot that was used and then pulled up and brought back...come on now really? If I spend my own money on the game, I should be able to get at least partial refund for that money just as I can do for the coins.....what is the difference?

Let the record show again...I was not and am not complaining....but your post was rude so I am simply not going to let you think it is ok to speak to people like that...speaking of the "real world"...I sure hope you do not speak to everyone whom you have never met like this or some may think that you are a very ugly person. Just saying....

Actually after reading all the posts (and being a totally impartial reader), the only person here being rude is you. Please refrain from personal attacks. You were not personally attacked, treat others with the same respect.

Hawaiianmomma
08-17-11, 02:35 PM
Yep. It is the way life is.

However, I can't tell you how many times I've foolishly dipped in the surprise boxes and got a completely nonuseful ugly item or worse, repeated completely ugly item! I ranted and raved too! Now, it's not the exact same as what the original complaint was, but surprise boxes really tick me off...I've personally spent over $400 on gem purchases and you would think by now I would have gotten a cool house out of those boxes. But I haven't. Bottom line, it's gambling, a $5 bet each time.

The repeat item issue is less of an issue than it was, but I whole heartedly believe that if they are more selective and thoughtful with what they put in the boxes (even 4th prize ones), or if they allow us to deny or accept an item or alternatively, not force us to buy blind items (which seems to be the only way to get the special house or item), then we end users would stop feeling so taken advantage of. Happy customers buy more and they would need less support services for the games.

As for the buy back...well, I think everyone can agree that buying an item for 24 gems and selling it back for 2500 isn't a real fair trade off, especially because coins can be earned.

I for one am tired of the senior forum members jumping down the people who have concerns or questions throats. I think it would be more beneficial if they try to understand where the person is coming from. Afterall, it's a very harsh economy out there, money is tight for many and it's their hard earned cash they are concerned with...not yours, or mine or anyone else's.

Let's face it. TL is a business. Gems are their commodity. It keeps them running. However, they need to keep in mind that making their customers happy and content is a better business model and more economical since they have less complaints, need less support services and happy custers will buy more items , thus more gems to buy those items.

Just saying....ok, I admit...I said alot! Sorry about that. :-)

I Agree With You. And Ive Been Watching A lot Of Senior Members Attack And Or Mock Newer Forum Members And Their Ideas Or Views Instead Of Being A Helpful Guide. I See Not Much Aloha Up Here Except For The Few Members That Attempt To Assist Others FREELY With Their Questions,Concerns, And Ideas.

Hawaiianmomma
08-17-11, 02:40 PM
Actually after reading all the posts (and being a totally impartial reader), the only person here being rude is you. Please refrain from personal attacks. You were not personally attacked, treat others with the same respect.
Then You Should Follow Your Own Advice.

pinkster73
08-17-11, 02:46 PM
Then You Should Follow Your Own Advice.

I just call it like I see it. I'm always one to defend people, and I always try to see things from the other's point of view. Telling someone they are rude when they are isn't a personal attack. Her post to bloodroses was full of personal insults, my post was not. I was merely pointing out an impartial observation.

Hawaiianmomma
08-17-11, 02:50 PM

~Kat

It's Depends On The Eye Of The Beholder Doesn't It......And Many Businesses Do Have A Return Policy Clearly Visible.
We Can All Agree To Disagree

Hawaiianmomma
08-17-11, 02:51 PM
Is One Customers View More Valid Than Another's?

pinkster73
08-17-11, 02:59 PM
Is One Customers View More Valid Than Another's?

Not at all. You are totally right about that, and about a refund policy clearly stated. I think this can
all be discussed openly without personal attacks. That was my point.

I also think if someone isn't open to hearing peoples opinions from all different angles then they shouldn't start a thread about it. A forum is for people to give their opinion, and yes it might differ from what other people think.

greygull
08-17-11, 03:06 PM
The topic here is whether items bought with gems should be able to be sold back for some gems. Let's try to stay on topic.

pinkster73
08-17-11, 03:16 PM
My answer would be yes please! But I don't think that's realistic.

briguynv
08-18-11, 01:27 AM
Personally, I'm amazed anyone would pay money for gems... the way the game is right now anyway! I was considering buying some... until I realized how easily they TAKE gems away. I've lost too many free gems for nothing... there's no way I'll purchase any with my own money until they put a safety in place. But the way it stands right now, I'd end up losing many of those purchased gems as well.
On one of my games, I have 5 gems right now... that's because I earned a couple more with food... but I've never purchased ANYTHING, even though at one point I had close to 20 gems. When you click miles away from any accept button, but it does something anyway and STEALS gems from us, it's not enticing to purchase the gems.
And since they so easily take those gems, and don't care about it... I would never expect them to do any kind of returns. It's a nice idea, but I wouldn't hold my breath! They are way too happy to take our gems without us even doing anything... they certainly will never give any back, even for returns. They would rather you buy MORE, so they can keep taking them!

LanokaHarbor
08-18-11, 01:59 AM
Well, I just read this entire thread and I am saddened by the harshness of the language forum members have used to express themselves.

There are many ways to express yourself and respond to forum users. The original response from BloodRose came off as very accusatory. YOU did this, YOU chose that, YOU play this, its all YOUR fault, etc.... It's no wonder the original poster came back with her own harsh response.

This being said, I certainly hope civility will emerge in future forum exchanges. Bear in mind, especially senior members, that new players come to this forum everyday. Many have questions we have seen so many times before, the same gripes we have already witnessed, the same ideas we've already expressed.

Though we are weary with seeing the same issues over and over, we shouldn't be losing our cool. We are, after all, senior members, with the experience that should be shared with newbies in a respectful way.

Now, off my soap box.....

LanokaHarbor
08-18-11, 02:07 AM
Ok, well, as for the topic, duh I neglected to speak my own opinion on it, I do have to agree with the idea of selling items we no longer want back for gems. Now, I am NOT saying the full price should be refunded. In city story, when we sell a building, we get back 10% of what we originally paid.

Is it so ridiculous to bring up the idea of getting the same back in gems? If I spent 24 gems on an item, and I am done using it, why not give back 2 gems when it's sold? Do you mean to tell me that if you had 2 gems, you would not consider springing for a gem package when it's on sale to get the remaining needed for a new item?

Accusing TL of never being open to the idea is already exhibiting a defeatist attitude. I have personally seen changes made to both Farm and City Stories after forum members voiced their opinion. How else are they going to know what players want unless we express ourselves here?