PDA

View Full Version : Material requests - inappropriate words???

sourlicorice2
08-08-11, 08:17 AM
Would like to be able to post requests for things like knobs without having to type it like this k.n. ob so it doesnt say it's an inappropiate word lol.

trenae
08-08-11, 09:10 AM
Hi sourlicorice2 -

This has been requested and TeamLava is aware of it. Unfortunately at this time the filter does not like the work knob. Another word around to the k.n. ob would be to use nob, which some on the forums have posted is what they used.

Rachael98
08-08-11, 09:19 AM
Hi sourlicorice2 -

This has been requested and TeamLava is aware of it. Unfortunately at this time the filter does not like the work knob. Another work around to the k.n. ob would be to use nob, which some on the forums have posted is what they used.

I definately prefer that way. Although it goes against spelling, k.nob ect. is trying to get round TL's filter. And although it's a TL problem, I don't think that it's a good idea.

sourlicorice2
08-09-11, 09:34 AM
Thx didnt even think of spelling it like that.

briguynv
08-09-11, 01:53 PM
I do think it's pretty ridiculous that their OWN word is not allowed... it's one thing for us to just type a word they don't like... but their OWN word?? Give me a break! Team Lava either needs to fix their filter... OR change the name of the part to something they consider "acceptable"!! It's a pain to write to someone and request it... or to say 'sorry, I tried to send your knob you asked for, but it says you can't take any more today'... especially the first time I wrote out a LONG message, only to have to retype it out! The first time, I couldn't figure out what I possibly wrote that wasn't allowed... then I learned! Ugh!
This is something they should have someone working on ASAP as it's an annoyance!!

Rachael98
08-09-11, 02:09 PM
I do think it's pretty ridiculous that their OWN word is not allowed... it's one thing for us to just type a word they don't like... but their OWN word?? Give me a break! Team Lava either needs to fix their filter... OR change the name of the part to something they consider "acceptable"!! It's a pain to write to someone and request it... or to say 'sorry, I tried to send your knob you asked for, but it says you can't take any more today'... especially the first time I wrote out a LONG message, only to have to retype it out! The first time, I couldn't figure out what I possibly wrote that wasn't allowed... then I learned! Ugh!
This is something they should have someone working on ASAP as it's an annoyance!!

Agreed, although I'd imagine that they are quite busy and that the language filter is quite complicated. Saying that, it's not particularly good, but still, I'd imagine, complicated:(

LanokaHarbor
08-10-11, 10:58 PM
Well ladies, I don't know about you, but since I just started playing, I am really getting a kick out of these:

Your neighbor ----- has sent you some SCREW!
Your neighbor ----- needs some SCREW!

I practically spit out my coffee upon reading them the first time!

I fell all weird asking neighbors, "Hey, I wanna screw." but makes for quite the laughable follow ups....if your neighbor is cool that is!