PDA

View Full Version : "break some eggs" quest

sesami
08-07-11, 03:51 PM
So today I notice 3 things on the side of my screen which kind of resemble quests. One of them is to make and serve 10 french toasts, the other is make and serve 4 bacon and eggs, and the last one is to make an omelet, serve an omelet, and also use a gem to complete the item immediately. I've done the other 2, but this thing won't go away because I won't spend a gem for a 5 minute dish. This is really dumb and gone too far imo, a quest shouldn't require me to spend money, especially on a dish like the omelet?! So I guess I'm stuck with this thing on the side of my screen unless I cave in and spend a gem on this quest??

kooky panda
08-07-11, 03:52 PM
do not shoot the messenger, but yes.:(

puddinggow
08-07-11, 04:15 PM
I don't think the 3 quests icons go away. Once you have completed one quest, it is replaced by a new one. I had completed several quests, hoping to gain gems, but gave up after a while. Food quests are ok (provided they don't make you use gems to complete) but it seems pretty pointless to buy furniture you already have or don't need for not that much reward but that's just my option. Actually after a while I don't really notice them.

sesami
08-07-11, 04:53 PM
Argh... well I already spent that gem to complete that quest. I was hoping they would go away permanently... actually, I don't mind the food quests at all but yea.. the furniture quests and requiring gems to complete is ridiculous. Reminds me of the time I went to this park that charged people for using the bathroom. Just... they shouldn't. Guess I'll just have to get used to these icons. Sigh.. this is such a good game but all these devious ways to get people to buy or spend gems is really starting to irritate me. Wouldn't mind so much if the price of the smallest gem package wasn't the price of like 5 games.

tesive
08-07-11, 05:00 PM
Totally agree with sesami...and another thought. As I've posted elsewhere, it's very unfair to new players who don't realize their just wasting valuable gems for no reason. They do the things required by the quests a.n.y.w.a.y! This appears just a scheme to make you buy gems to me and I agree, it seems to be the trend with TeamLava now. I know a lot goes into producing these games and running them, but this is getting to be really frustrating.

puddinggow
08-08-11, 05:51 AM
Yes I think the schemes to make you give up your gems may have a negative effect for TL.

I was updating my boutique in fashion story and had some expired clothes. I was too quick and pressed the retrieve order button instead of the let order expire button and lost quite a few hard-earned gems. I know it was my fault but there was no confirm prompt. I almost decided to stop playing and only spend minimum time on it each day. I will definitely not buy any gems for that game.

I am now paranoid that I will click to 'finish making this dish instantly' but as newbie had already done that before I realized that gems were so hard to earn or required real money to purchase.

I don't mind spending money to buy gems if I want to get something nice for my bakery and realize that TL has to make money but if I lose gems easily, albeit through my own carelessness, I would become dishearten and less likely to purchase more.

ultrafrog
08-08-11, 10:22 AM
If you want to complete that quest, you should have spent 2 gems to bypass it rather than the 5 to instantly finish ~ that way you save 3 gems.

greygull
08-08-11, 11:56 AM
If I recall correctly (it has been a while since I did them) you can do the cooking part, then spend just one gem to skip the speed up with 5 gems part.

bawpotter
08-08-11, 12:27 PM
Yeah, GG is correct. You only need to spend 1 gem to get rid of it.

sesami
08-08-11, 02:24 PM
Thats what I did, I did the other parts of the quest and spent the gem to do the part that only could be finished with a gem. These quests are still kind of lame though.

tesive
08-13-11, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry to say that still doesn't set right with me. I didn't ask to do the quest, nor do I want to. If I don't want to do the quest, there should simply be a "No, thank you." choice so I can get that **** off my screen.

Seedsaver
08-13-11, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry to say that still doesn't set right with me. I didn't ask to do the quest, nor do I want to. If I don't want to do the quest, there should simply be a "No, thank you." choice so I can get that **** off my screen.

Totally agree! Geez, we Androids had to wait long enough for the machines & being able to visit off other walls, but I feel like I've been sent back to kindergarten! I came to search the forums to see if we eventually.gain anything from completing these idiot tasks, other than an empty pocketbook. If anyone knows what the benefits of these "quests" are, please tell us. We Androids are dying from the suspense!

If there's no benefit, these will just be ignored by me from now on. What a joke, not funny ha-ha either.

Seedsaver

cakeandpie
08-13-11, 10:43 AM

Absolutely! I want a way to turn quests off PLEASE! Or at the very least, get rid of the awful flashing "new" signs.

queenrocks77
08-14-11, 04:49 PM
Ive spent like 30 something gems to get those boxes off the side of my screen! I was really upset about having to sell 35 white tables in my inventory just to buy two!!! Please dont bring the quests back!!! They clutter up my already cuttered screen and prevent me from viewing my beautiful restaurant!!! I'm on level 85 and dont need to be told to make food or buy crappy white tables!!!