PDA

View Full Version : 'boxes'

sisky
08-07-11, 04:51 AM
I'm just wondering why exactly we don't get to choose what we get out of the magic box and groovy package and such. I saved up 24 gems playing and was so excited to get the box and I got a blonde wig for the closet :( I don't even have blonde hair. So all I want to know is the reason we are not allowed to choose what we want? :(

expressW
08-07-11, 06:29 AM
sorry you got something you didnt want. i know how you feel, i got two flower chokers from the surprise box in my quest to get the white sofa...

but i think the surprise element in the box is what makes these boxes so good (and addictive). even though there are other nice things on offer for gems outright, i always save my gems to get box items despite the fact that i dislike 60% of the stuff in the boxes. i buy gems and then i use nearly all my gems to buy the boxes, it really makes me very very happy when i get something i like.

its bad for players who dont buy gems or save for a long time and try for the box but TL needs to make money and these boxes are moneymakers.

shakiba
08-07-11, 07:57 AM
expressW is right. teamlava has to make money for their buisness. But i do know how you feel. Right now i saved up my gems and wanted to spend it for the boxes but i didnt take any chances. I dont want to end up with no gems and something that doesnt make me happy.

sisky
08-07-11, 10:54 PM
I get what you mean, because it is a free game for the most part, I guess its like those awful claw machines with the toys inside lol.

Untoldrose
08-08-11, 01:19 AM
It would be nice to have some seperation between items for your avatar and items for your shop, that way those who scrimp and save and really have no interest in updating their avatar can have a chance at something to improve on the look of their shop and those seeking to improve the look of their avatar can go for that rather then ending up with another sofa they already don't have room for. That way Team Lava still makes their money but it lessens the chance of out right disappointment.... Just my 2cents :)