PDA

View Full Version : Please make items in surprise cases available for purchase

sliczna
08-06-11, 10:07 AM
There are many items in the surprise cases that I would love to have in my city. However, there are also many that I am not willing to take a chance on and pay 24 city cash. The other day I gave in and purchased 4 cases hoping to get at least one item I wanted. Instead, I got 4 I didn't want and 3 that to me were not worth 24 city cash. And so I've decided in the future not to take any more chances with my own money.

But Dear TeamLava, I am still willing to spend and purchase city cash if I know what I'm getting and when I can decide how much each item is worth to me. There are some great items that I would absolutely love to buy. And I would be willing to pay even a little bit more than 24 city cash for it. Please make this possible!! I just can not take a risk and waste my cash for something that I don't want and something that clearly is not work 24 city cash.

If I purchase 105 city cash for $19.99 that to me is about $5 for each case. Seriously, some of those items are not worth $5. So my other plea or suggestion is to make each prize of equal value, something that's equally desirable, something that would be worth 24 city cash. With my cases I received a small skate park, wind farm, adobe house and Big Ben. The chances of getting another little skate park or wind farm have now stopped me from purchasing more cases although there are other items in the magic case that I would love to have. If the smaller items were eliminated, I would be a bit more willing to take few more chances.

As it is now, I'm a bit disappointed and discouraged in playing the game. The items I want are not for sale and I'm just not willing to gamble my own money. I don't feel very optimistic that a voice of one person will make a difference and changes will be made but I feel better having a chance to voice my opinion. Again, I love the game but I'm just not a gambler.

LanokaHarbor
08-06-11, 10:36 AM
I agree with you, but let's take a look at what you did...you purchased 20.00 worth of city cash. If there was only one or two items you wanted, you would have spent 10.00, maybe? Sadly, that's exactly the reasoning behind the cases. I realize that you would likely spend more in the long run, as would I, but for some reason, that reasoning is not something we will see TL entertain. Furthermore, because of the exclusivity of some of those items, some people will go all out, spend more, to try and get them.

I wish I didn't have 5 colonial houses....obviously I didn't get what I wanted, and after getting five of those in a row, I am unlikely to try my luck again.

bigbux3
08-06-11, 10:41 AM
I agree also. The small items shouldn't even be close to costing 24 cash. It should cost gold. But I think after a while, TeamLava should open the chest and let people choose the key they want to get a chance for items

sliczna
08-06-11, 10:55 AM
I definitely have no hopes that this will change, just wanted to get it off my chest. Right now I'm not spending any of my city cash and I'm also not getting more, to teamlava that means they won't make money off of me. But obviously they figure that the people who go all out make them more money then the others who would purchase city cash to only buy items they want.

Halibel
08-06-11, 04:13 PM
They should have a case, for 10$ you could get 1 of the exceptional items. Although very unlikely.

expressW
08-07-11, 07:04 AM
City story aleady has heaps of buildings you can buy for gems. personally, when i go about tipping the community, i dont see as many cash buildings as box buildings, that says to me people are generally chancers so even if TL made some of those buildings available for cash/coins people may still go and buy the box to get a special item.

Another great thing abt CC is that there are so many boxes to buy! if you already got many items from the magic case then go get the japan box or the amusement box or something.

i do think bigbux suggestion that they should release the older boxes items for cash/coins after awhile but that would probably generate more complaints as i would be so pissed off if they sold an item i got in the boxfor under 24CC.

dk16
08-07-11, 07:13 AM
Absolutely agree !! We shud be allowed to select what we want from the surprise boxes. It's just a big gamble spending the city cash to open the boxes and getting things u don't like