PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Earn Coins in Farm Story! PLEASE!

xokay
08-05-11, 01:11 PM
I'm terrible at making money on Farm Story! I've looked at spreadsheets, tried short term crops and long-term crops and I can never make good money. I collect and sell all my gifts . For months, I had all but a patch big enough for a Farm house in crops. I barely buy anything for my farm. It's the only game I struggle making coins in. Does anyone have a specific crop they find racks in the coins? I want to buy the Vineyard or Mansion, but I swear I've been stuck on 3Mill coins for like 2 months. Any suggestions would be great. It has me stumped. I really have no idea what to do!

yanochka
08-05-11, 01:26 PM
:pI plant blueberries when I need to save up coins - but it takes a lot of patience....

cast1532
08-05-11, 01:26 PM
How about selling coffee? That's what I do if I want quick money.

shakiba
08-07-11, 10:17 AM
At first i used to plan strawberries and rasberries, :P. but now sometimes its better if i order animals. They are pernament :D

crystalrayn3
08-07-11, 11:01 AM
I'm terrible at making money on Farm Story! I've looked at spreadsheets, tried short term crops and long-term crops and I can never make good money. I collect and sell all my gifts . For months, I had all but a patch big enough for a Farm house in crops. I barely buy anything for my farm. It's the only game I struggle making coins in. Does anyone have a specific crop they find racks in the coins? I want to buy the Vineyard or Mansion, but I swear I've been stuck on 3Mill coins for like 2 months. Any suggestions would be great. It has me stumped. I really have no idea what to do!

The best way to earn coins is to dedicate the majority of your farmland to crops & then proceed to work on mastering your crops. Remember that Farm Story isn't a fast paced game. Relax & enjoy the game's lazy play. Also, the Vineyard isn't an item you can purchase. It's the 1st prize from the Discovery Chest.

pinkster73
08-07-11, 11:04 AM
No the vineyard is for purchase for $10 000 000 coins after level 70.

kooky panda
08-07-11, 11:10 AM
yes vineyard is 10,000 coins, the villa is from the discovery box

MrsShrek
08-07-11, 03:10 PM
I find the fastest way to earn money is by watering other farms. Most people will water your farm back. Each crop that you harvest earns $20 extra if it is watered before you harvest it. Those extra $20 per crop can quickly add up.

Also, don't only plant long term crops. If you plant only 4 day crops & get full on water the first day, then that is 3 days that you cannot collect watered crops. If you need to plant long term crops, then try to stagger them.

During 'hot' times of the day when you get a lot of visitors, plant a patch of short term crops. Strawberries cost nothing to plant & give you 31 coins. But, if they are watered, that turns in 51 coins.

For instance, for me, I get a lot of visitors in the morning & late at night. So, for an hour in the morning, you will see strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, & pineapple planted in my fields. These are mixed in with my long term crops. Yes, I have already mastered them, but am collecting $$ for them. This is also when i am visiting my neighbors & community watering their crops. I always post something on their wall. This let's them see that I have been there. Also, I find other people see my posts & come visit & water, too.

Then, when it is time for me to leave for work, I plant 8 & 12 hour crops in place of the short term plants. When I get home, everything has been watered. I harvest & plant another round of short term crops. I then visit & water everyone that has visited me that day. When time for bed, I plant 3, 4, or 6 hr crops. (I don't sleep a lot.). ;-)

Any how, this schedule works for me. Hope this helps. Have fun! That is the most important thing! ;-)

xokay
08-12-11, 08:08 PM
Thank you all :) I know FS is the most popular game, but I don't like it as much because it's so slow paced. i find it forever to complete mastery, even when my whole farm is crops. Oh well. Thanks again!