PDA

View Full Version : A question about dog bowls...

Unregistered
09-27-10, 01:25 PM
So I have been playing for a few weeks now, and have compiled a decent list of neighbors. What is the strategy behind giving neighbors dog bowls everyday? Is it for EXP or resale value? Is there something else to them?

Just trying to feel my way around... Thanks!

Unregistered
09-27-10, 02:52 PM
Ya they send them because the cost the most so you get the most when u sell them. You'll realize u get alot of gifts so 50 cows isnt gonna help you, so atleast an expensive dog bowl u can sell. add me

Unregistered
09-27-10, 03:35 PM
It just seems weird if everyone is spending 2000 so you someone can sell it for 400. Since they do it back and forth, seems that you just end up losing money if you reciprocate.

One thing I will say though, is I make sure to water the people who gift me everyday.

Unregistered
09-27-10, 03:39 PM
It just seems weird if everyone is spending 2000 so you someone can sell it for 400. Since they do it back and forth, seems that you just end up losing money if you reciprocate.

One thing I will say though, is I make sure to water the people who gift me everyday.

It does not cost them anything to send gifts. Gifts are free to send and receive so people send the one that can be sold for the most money. Get it...

paule65
09-30-10, 03:48 PM
Ya they send them because the cost the most so you get the most when u sell them. You'll realize u get alot of gifts so 50 cows isnt gonna help you, so atleast an expensive dog bowl u can sell. add me

How con we sell gifts ?

Telynau
09-30-10, 04:58 PM
You have to have an empty plot of land (grid square) first...

Go to the Inventory screen...

Select the item to sell...

Place it in the empty plot of land...

Touch the "Sell" icon (upper icon on the right-hand side)...

Follow on-screen prompts, as sometimes a confirmation box (especially for high ticket items) is required.

Dog Bowls are a nice gift to send (and receive) when a Farm is mono-cropped or landscaped. The 400-coins can go a long way toward an expansion.

If/when TL changes the Gifts, it will be interesting to see how neighbours use and sell gifts. (Sell things you don't need or want on your farm. Why place 10,M+ dog bowls...etc... If these things aren't appropriate to your vision?)