PDA

View Full Version : Button dead??

redbites
08-04-11, 01:27 PM
Do you own an ipod touch or iphone that has an almost dead home button? I do and pretty soon my ipod will most likely die. Well I didn't expect my 4th gen to last more than a year. If you're my neighbour and I mysteriously disappear then you will know what"s wrong. So please don't delete me!! And if you have the same problem then post in this thread

driftboutique
08-04-11, 01:31 PM
Do you own an ipod touch or iphone that has an almost dead home button? I do and pretty soon my ipod will most likely die. Well I didn't expect my 4th gen to last more than a year. If you're my neighbour and I mysteriously disappear then you will know what"s wrong. So please don't delete me!! And if you have the same problem then post in this thread

Mine's starting to go in my iPhone. I have to jab it 4 or 5 times to get it to work :( I'm hoping it will stay in one piece until the next gen iPhone comes out.

If your iPod touch is less than a year, shouldn't it be under warranty? I think they would replace it for free.

jovenal
08-04-11, 02:41 PM
Mine's starting to go in my iPhone. I have to jab it 4 or 5 times to get it to work :( I'm hoping it will stay in one piece until the next gen iPhone comes out.

If your iPod touch is less than a year, shouldn't it be under warranty? I think they would replace it for free.

if it's still under warranty, take to Apple Store and they be happy to replace it.

redbites
08-04-11, 04:07 PM
my ipod died an hour ago and I've gone to get it fixed. It's too bad the warranty doesn't cover pineapple juice spills :(

jovenal
08-04-11, 04:10 PM
my ipod died an hour ago and I've gone to get it fixed. It's too bad the warranty doesn't cover pineapple juice spills :(

so sorry to hear that! clean it up nicely. as long as the sensor doesn't get wet, you'll be able to replace it.

redbites
08-04-11, 04:13 PM
I've recieved word from them that the ipod should be ready tommorow!! hooray I thought it would take weeks, but my smores are gonna go bad

kooky panda
08-04-11, 04:15 PM
I've recieved word from them that the ipod should be ready tommorow!! hooray I thought it would take weeks, but my smores are gonna go bad

yeah nothing like the dead flies!!!

greygull
08-04-11, 04:21 PM

My friend loved having fly soup every time he opened the game!

bawpotter
08-04-11, 06:52 PM
This happened to me on my original iPod Touch. The button stopped working.

redbites
08-04-11, 06:54 PM
This happened to me on my original iPod Touch. The button stopped working.
I've been through 6 ipod touchs all of them having the same problem, broken home button

bawpotter
08-04-11, 06:54 PM
That is REALLY weird...

redbites
08-04-11, 06:55 PM
That is REALLY weird...
I sure is weird and expensive

bawpotter
08-04-11, 06:56 PM
Do you like spam it?

redbites
08-04-11, 06:57 PM
Do you like spam it?
Huh?? spam what

bawpotter
08-04-11, 06:57 PM
the button.

redbites
08-04-11, 06:58 PM
the button.
I haven't been spamming, have I? if so i'm sorry

bawpotter
08-04-11, 07:00 PM
No, no. I mean do you spam the button. (Hit it a lot) You weren't spamming here!

jovenal
08-04-11, 07:02 PM
I sure is weird and expensive

expensive.. out of warranty?

I figured most home button would fail after multitasking was introduced. all these double pressing the home button to get to the other games running must be wearing it out.

redbites
08-04-11, 07:05 PM
expensive.. out of warranty?

I figured most home button would fail after multitasking was introduced. all these double pressing the home button to get to the other games running must be wearing it out.
Nah the pineapple juice and not being careful is my guess of why the button is broken

jovenal
08-04-11, 07:06 PM
Nah the pineapple juice and not being careful is my guess of why the button is broken

that's why drinking and posting is dangerous!

redbites
08-04-11, 07:08 PM
that's why drinking and posting is dangerous!
It sure is a bad habit!! :D

jovenal
08-04-11, 07:14 PM
It sure is a bad habit!! :D

I know.. I'm guilty of doing the same.

redbites
08-05-11, 06:00 PM
I got my ipod fixed and now I can finally cook some Ramen!

redbites
08-24-11, 01:19 PM
Noooooo my button is broken again and this time it isn't pineapple juice

bawpotter
08-24-11, 01:22 PM
Again! Oi. Why does that keep happening?

redbites
08-24-11, 01:27 PM
Again! Oi. Why does that keep happening?
I'm going to get the button replaced and maybe it will stop happening

hectorloch
08-24-11, 01:38 PM
Sissy is out of the hand held game 'cos her home button is wrecked - but she's been told it'll take 2 weeks !

redbites
08-24-11, 01:56 PM
Sissy is out of the hand held game 'cos her home button is wrecked - but she's been told it'll take 2 weeks !
There is an apple store down the street from where I'm staying and they say it takes 3 hours to fix the button

jovenal
08-24-11, 01:59 PM
There is an apple store down the street from where I'm staying and they say it takes 3 hours to fix the button

you must be double tapping that home button hard and quite a bit. good thing you're close to Apple Store. good luck!

sissy8
08-24-11, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]There is an apple store down the street from where I'm staying and they say it takes 3 hours to fix the button [/QUOTE
not in my town 2 weeks no poddie no updates no nothing it s really sad:(:(
now i realize how addicted I am:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jovenal
08-24-11, 02:07 PM
not in my town 2 weeks no poddie no updates no nothing it s really sad:(:(
now i realize how addicted I am:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's not good! I can't even survive a day without it. I've literally went back home to get my iPhone even if I'm on my way to work.