PDA

View Full Version : Selling Gems via the TL website

expressW
08-04-11, 07:01 AM
Hello TL,

Would it be possible to sell gems via the TL website? I cannot buy gems on my Android games (HTC Desire Z/Vision, version 2.2). First the "buy" button took me to the TL website and after I reinstalled it says my device does not support in-app purchases. :( Myself aside, it seems many people (other android owners?) have issues buying gems too!

Anyway, the benefits of selling Gems on the website would be everyone could get the gem offers at the same time (no more complaints abt missing out on gem offers!) and I was thinking that maybe TL could let people buy the free gifts from previous weeks outright. So, for example you just started RS and you want the VIP lounge from two weeks ago, then you can buy it for US4.99 (no gems included) or something.
And why stop there? TL can also sell different exclusive items for the games over the internet for money. No extra scripting needed or pop ups that annoy some non gem buying players.

Please TL, think about this! I want to buy gems but its just too annoying trying to buy over my phone!!!

xokay
08-04-11, 07:04 AM
I can't see them allowing this feature. They have stated in the past that a market-type feature where people could trade goods in-game would be practically impossible to implement. They wouldn't want to be the liability of problems occurring, people not receiving what they paid for, etc.

xokay
08-04-11, 07:05 AM
If you're having trouble with in-app purchases, you should email support@teamlava.com though, with your device info and your storm8 ID! :)

expressW
08-04-11, 07:21 AM
I can't see them allowing this feature. They have stated in the past that a market-type feature where people could trade goods in-game would be practically impossible to implement. They wouldn't want to be the liability of problems occurring, people not receiving what they paid for, etc.

i do agree there could be potential problems but i dont think there would be many more than what they have now.... it would solve a lot of issues with timing of rollouts and they could make more money!

i am not a technology expert at all but i dont see how it could be so difficult to implement, its just like setting up an online shop and then linking up the payment system to their computers.... but i do admit i wouldnt know how hard it is.....

well, i have already emailed TL support quite a few times with no resolution..... oh well....