PDA

View Full Version : Repeated requests for iTunes password

Wareham
09-27-10, 09:43 AM
You either have HACKERS or a major problem - this started last evening - It seems every time I come back into CityStory very quickly a a request for my iTunes password appears, even though I have not issued a request that requires any charge to my account! On two occasions, after clicking CANCEL I have been exited from the game to ANOTHER iTunes password request that is BIGGER than allowed on my iPod Touch screen, and is not moveable / scaleable, forcing (I can't even hit cancel because it is below my screen) me to turn the iPod OFF! This does NOT occur in FarmStory, ONLY in CityStory! I am VERY CONCERNED because this could well indicate that HACKERS have broken into your system and could be putting charges to users credit cards, etc . . . PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

Unregistered
01-21-11, 10:21 AM
i have been having the same problem.....very annoying. I have not entered my password because I am not authorizing a purchase. I figured it had be something shady.

Unregistered
01-21-11, 05:44 PM
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. I would first like to assure you that hackers have not hacked into our system.

Also, not sure if you seen the prompt in-game yet, asking you to restart your device if you are experiencing in-app purchase issues. Please do this if you have not done so. I apologize for the inconvenience and continue to let me know if you are experiencing any issues.

i have seen this message, and have restarted my device, to no avail.....

Unregistered
01-21-11, 09:43 PM
On both my iphone4 AND my iPad, only when on Bakery Story. I was ready to make an Apple Genius Bar appointment, but doesn't sound like that would help. My sign in prompt clicks away immediately. It never occurred to me that it could be sinister, but it is sooo annoying!

Unregistered
01-30-11, 06:21 PM
i figured it out!!!! If you have an app that never finished loading (paused, maybe??) it will keep asking you for your password to finish. So, check your apps to see if one is still trying to load. I had one that must have been trying to update, but never finished. I discovered this on another forum for apple.....checked my apps, found one "still loading" and took care of it. No more password requests....now i feel stupid!

Unregistered
01-30-11, 09:20 PM
I have been getting asked for my password on RS, BS, CS and FS every 5 or 10 minutes for the past few months! If you tap on "Use Existing Account" it asks you for your apple id. I dont dowload apps directly from my device, I do it on my computer then put them on my device. I am using iPod touch. A second device in the house also has the same issue.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with having in-app purchases turned off (so we cant accidently purchase gems), as the problem has been happening since about the same time I turned them off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee453/melray1/107fcfdb.jpg

Unregistered
01-31-11, 10:32 PM
I have been getting asked for my password on RS, BS, CS and FS every 5 or 10 minutes for the past few months! If you tap on "Use Existing Account" it asks you for your apple id. I dont dowload apps directly from my device, I do it on my computer then put them on my device. I am using iPod touch. A second device in the house also has the same issue.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with having in-app purchases turned off (so we cant accidently purchase gems), as the problem has been happening since about the same time I turned them off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee453/melray1/107fcfdb.jpg

Bump! Please answer, Norman

Unregistered
02-02-11, 03:48 PM
Bumping. Its really annoying.