PDA

View Full Version : Robbed of city cash

Unregistered
09-26-10, 03:11 PM
This has happened twice already. The first time it happened I noticed I had 4 less cash dollars than I did last log in. Today it happened again! This morning I had 9 city dollars & I just logged back in & noticed I was missing 8 city dollars?! What's going on with the robberies? Has anyone else experienced this? I know I haven't made any purchases because I had been trying to save up my dollars. Now I'm down 12 total! Someone help!

cwoods2028
09-28-10, 08:19 PM
That just happened to me too (which is the reason I am on here). At first I thought I did something when I had only 4 dollars and it was just gone. I didn't remember doing anything, but I figured I must have done something without me knowing. Just a few moments ago, I noticed by cash was down to 7 dollars from 19...and I am quite upset being that I paid actual cash for it. So that's total of 16 city dollars they owe me!

Unregistered
09-29-10, 07:13 AM
It just happened to me! I was deciding how to spend my city cash and finaly decidrd to get a flag. I had 16 now I have 12!

This is not riight ! FIX

Unregistered
09-30-10, 06:26 PM
Same story- just noticed 4 city cash were missing. Is there anyone who can explain this? It is a little frustrating.

Unregistered
10-01-10, 12:34 PM
I posted the following on the other City Story forum yesterday and 3 others have responded with being burnt....

City $$ Eaten By Contract Double Click
Well I have finally lost ALL of my City Dollars due to the poor planning/position of the Contracts early pay/completion option. When one clicks on the wrong contract and double clicks on the factory to change it, the option will often open on the $4 City Dollar pay-off option and take ones City Dollars in a blink of the eye.

I have not spent one of my city dollars since staring the game. I'm at level 65 and now broke because I believe I have been ripped off.

The other way I have lost CDs is when tapping to fast to collect sparkles next to factories. Boom...the screen doesn't come up, but the contract is complete and $CDs are gone!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to...its poor design and needs to be corrected. It's too late for me...I get to miss out on some cool things and I'm not wasting REAL $$$ to get virtual knick Knacks.

I love the game, but hate this design flaw.

From AHH...Spudtopia

Unregistered
10-03-10, 02:45 PM
I've twice doubled tapped a factory to open it, a glitch makes it seem frozen, so I tap, then it unfreezes all of a sudden and all my taps add up to where I spend $4 to complete a contract. First, who the hell would ever spend $4 in city cash to complete a contract? !?!? I think they do this on purpose.

Unregistered
10-03-10, 02:55 PM
I recently emailed then and they responded that my record showed I had completed a contract using my city bucks ( that I was saving for flag )

So morale is bevery very carefulabout tapping. I repositioned one of my factories.

As far S TeamLava, They responded quick with the facts. Can't ask for more.

I do think that a completly separate tab should be made for the city cash trasaction for completing contracts and exchaging for cash . This would solve this issue.

Unregistered
10-14-10, 02:12 AM
The same thing has happened to me. I had been saving my city cash to buy a flag. Finally I had enough but, when I went to make the purchase, my city cash had dropped to only 8. I emailed Team Lava and they were no use, suggesting that perhaps I had traded some city cash for coins. I have an abundance of coins, and given how easy it is to make more, I am unlikely to have swapped city cash for them. Team Lava refused to accept this and have obstinately refused to reinstate the city cash that their game erroneously took from my balance.

Very disappointing.

Unregistered
10-14-10, 02:59 AM
I posted the following on the other City Story forum yesterday and 3 others have responded with being burnt....

Well I have finally lost ALL of my City Dollars due to the poor planning/position of the Contracts early pay/completion option. When one clicks on the wrong contract and double clicks on the factory to change it, the option will often open on the $4 City Dollar pay-off option and take ones City Dollars in a blink of the eye.

I have not spent one of my city dollars since staring the game. I'm at level 65 and now broke because I believe I have been ripped off.

The other way I have lost CDs is when tapping to fast to collect sparkles next to factories. Boom...the screen doesn't come up, but the contract is complete and $CDs are gone!!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to...its poor design and needs to be corrected. It's too late for me...I get to miss out on some cool things and I'm not wasting REAL $$$ to get virtual knick Knacks.

From AHH...Spudtopia

Cost me about 16 citycash! Can you PLEASE make a cancel button for spending city cash???????????????????????
This isn't the way you want to make money, is it?

Unregistered
10-18-10, 12:06 AM
Did any of you change your city's name? 'Cause that's what happened to me. I changed my city's name without reading carefully that it would cost me 10 city cash. Darn!

Unregistered
10-19-10, 02:18 PM

From AHH...Spudtopia

"I too have had he same thing happen twice!! Why don't they put in a screen that asks are you sure you want
to complete this contract early? That was so dissappointing. It really makes it hard to take advantage of "buying
cool stuff"

djgold11
10-19-10, 07:25 PM
Just ripped of 4 CC from unintentional contract completion. Need to have confirmation button for CC purchases! has anyone gotten a City cash credit for reporting this?

Pirek
10-21-10, 08:29 AM
We need "undo" or something. I just wasted 10 city dollars on getting 40,000 (which, btw, I think is a total rip off) coins because my finger slipped when I was scrolling thru the enhancements screen. That is very bad design, when there is no confirmation screen asking to verify purchase. I was saving those dollars and now I'm so disheartened that it's taken all the enjoyment out of this game.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:15 AM
We need "undo" or something. I just wasted 10 city dollars on getting 40,000 (which, btw, I think is a total rip off) coins because my finger slipped when I was scrolling thru the enhancements screen. That is very bad design, when there is no confirmation screen asking to verify purchase. I was saving those dollars and now I'm so disheartened that it's taken all the enjoyment out of this game.

You shouldn't pay 10 City Cash for 40,000 coins. Instead use the 2 day contract (can't remember what its called). You get about 45,000 I think, then spend 4 City cash to get it instantly.

That way you get 40,000 for 4 City Cash instead of 10.

sherripon
10-25-10, 11:04 PM
oh geez, why did the "finish contract instantly" window popped up again when I tapped the factory after the contract has bee completed?!

Stop robbing me of my hard-earned city cash! It is really depressing me, especially when I'm playing the game in tears right now, trying to take a break from all the exam stress!

Playing game is supposed to be enjoyable, why do you have this friggin' glitch here making us all so frustrated?

If this happen again I'm going to leave a 1-star rating for this game and delete it. This glitch/design error has been around forever and the team did not attempt to fix this what so ever. I'll stick to Farm Story and Restaurant Story where such glitch/design error is not so easily triggered.

Supervolcano
10-26-10, 02:04 AM
oh geez, why did the "finish contract instantly" window popped up again when I tapped the factory after the contract has bee completed?!

Stop robbing me of my hard-earned city cash! It is really depressing me, especially when I'm playing the game in tears right now, trying to take a break from all the exam stress!

Playing game is supposed to be enjoyable, why do you have this friggin' glitch here making us all so frustrated?

If this happen again I'm going to leave a 1-star rating for this game and delete it. This glitch/design error has been around forever and the team did not attempt to fix this what so ever. I'll stick to Farm Story and Restaurant Story where such glitch/design error is not so easily triggered.
I'm not saying the design is right, but I know what happened to you, and why.

Before your contract completed, you had that factory highlighted.
When the factory is highlighted, it displays the "manage contract" message.
Then the time finished ticking away, meaning contract was ready to collect.
But since the "manage contract" message was still highlighted, that's where clicking it took you.

I know it's a bad design.
Just explaining it to you so hopefully you won't make the same mistake again.

Before you go to collect on contract, make sure the factory isn't already highlighted with "manage contract" message.
If it is, click on something else first to get rid of that.

chvchv & chvchv2
10-26-10, 07:41 PM
You shouldn't pay 10 City Cash for 40,000 coins. Instead use the 2 day contract (can't remember what its called). You get about 45,000 I think, then spend 4 City cash to get it instantly.

That way you get 40,000 for 4 City Cash instead of 10.

...and even this is bad advice.

Don't waste your city cash by converting it into some friggin coins.

If you are on a low level then start Mini Pretzels contracts in all your factories. These give you 2576 coins per hour per factory. That's 25760 coins in just one hour if you have 10 factories. Breakfast Cereal would even give 32000 coins in an hour if you have 10 factories.

So think before you spend your city cash.

wienertakesall
10-28-10, 10:41 PM
the contract completion/double click "flaw" is obviously there on purpose. nobody would pay $4 to complete a contract that has either completed or will complete within the minute. it is a very simple if-then statement for them to code. it's pretty apparent that they want people to lose the cash, so that you are forced to buy $$$ from them. this just happened to me for the third time - and i'm done done done with this game. the funny thing is, i was almost ready to buy city cash too, but now i'm just done. if they are this unethical i'm not going to give them a penny. closing up my city and moving on.

have fun suckers...

Unregistered
10-30-10, 07:04 AM
I was robbed of my city cash too :( Some black dudes came up and FUCT me up bad. I was like, dayum dude I was gonna buy my girlfriend a candy bar with all that **** city cash. VOTE FOR PALIN 08

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:12 PM
I've twice doubled tapped a factory to open it, a glitch makes it seem frozen, so I tap, then it unfreezes all of a sudden and all my taps add up to where I spend $4 to complete a contract. First, who the hell would ever spend $4 in city cash to complete a contract? !?!? I think they do this on purpose.

This happened to me too, just now! the program froze and when it unlocked I had lost 4 city bucks. I then retapped once to start a new contract (not knowing what had happened to the one I had since I was not intending to instantly complete nor did I see the option pop up during the freeze/glitch). I lost another 4 as it froze again!

Maybe because they are messing with the program adding all the new amusement items or something, there's a problem. ??

But I lost 8 city bucks! I was thisclose to getting my Italian restaurant! I spend a lot of time completing contracts to earn those bucks just to have them glitched away!!! :mad:

I want my 8 bucks back!!!!

Unregistered
11-01-10, 12:35 PM
It's not a design "flaw", its a design "on purpose". This is how they get us to waste our city cash so that we will be tempted to purchase it with real money. They have to make money somehow. It's a FREE game, but they didn't create it to NOT make a fortune from it. I don't blame them. I know it could be frustrating, but it all boils down to one thing, it's just a game. I have itunes gift cards given to me and I used it to purchase city cash to open the cases. That didn't make me feel bad for using MY real money. :-) Just be careful tapping on the factories because I lost 4 city cash to complete the contract early also. It sucks, but owell. I was a bit angry for 2 seconds and had to laugh at myself for letting a game make me angry. It's a fun and amusing game. TeamLava are in the business to make money. I wonder if they sit around with this question looming around the company, "What could we think of next to make people buy more city cash?" lol

chvchv & chvchv2
11-01-10, 03:42 PM
"What could we think of next to make people buy more city cash?" lol

The next thing will be the "Christmas Case", then the "Valentines Case".... and so on.... :-)

Unregistered
11-07-10, 10:07 AM
Well I noticed there was a promotion for downloading Restaurant Story, and you would get 6 City Cash. I got the game and played it a bit, but I still haven't gotten the Cash. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Anyone know what to do?

Unregistered
11-13-10, 01:37 AM
I am sorry to hear this happened. The most likely cause is as you were tapping really fast in your City, you completed a contract without knowing it. There is a confirm screen that pops up when using the complete the contract feature, but if you are tapping fast, you could have confirmed by accident.

Having experienced this for the first time after hundreds of successful contracts, there is a bug. For me the contracts had expired, I tapped three times in quick succession on the factory, and it completed the contract. There was no pop up to ask if I was wanting to, and my tapping was on the icon, not even close to being middle of the screen where the ok button would have been.

Unregistered
11-16-10, 09:02 AM
Hi All

I purchased city cash 3 times now and haven't received it. I've also downloaded the games they put up to earn more city cash and didn't receive that either.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Unregistered
11-16-10, 06:37 PM
I recently emailed then and they responded that my record showed I had completed a contract using my city bucks ( that I was saving for flag )

So morale is bevery very carefulabout tapping. I repositioned one of my factories.

As far S TeamLava, They responded quick with the facts. Can't ask for more.

I do think that a completly separate tab should be made for the city cash trasaction for completing contracts and exchaging for cash . This would solve this issue.

Wow, I would love to know how you managed to get TeamLava to respond to your query. I've been emailing for days about another member threatening me and they just won't respond.........so RUDE of them!!!!

Unregistered
11-24-10, 02:45 PM
About 3 or 4 times I have gone to collect the money from the completed factories, I have been charged $4 city cash dollars because it thinks I am trying to finish the factory early. Is there a way to get that money back?

Unregistered
11-25-10, 09:30 AM
I love this game. I've played a lot of iPhone games since I bought my phone but this is the best. That being said, I will not buy any City Cash until a few things are resolved. First there are the complaints in this forum which up to today, have not been settled. I've lost some of the freebie CC due to these types of problems. Another problem I have is the price versus quantity, in buying CC. In other games, I allocate a set amount of money per month for game cash. I refuse to buy any city cash until the give a bit more for the $$. Right now it is 24 city cash for $4.99. This is a disproportionately high amount of money for game cash. They can do whatever they please, but they have priced themselves out of any chance of financial remuneration where I am concerned.

And the stories in this thread only make it worse. Team Lava, get your head out of the warm dark place it is currently, and publish an update that addresses all these issues!

Sincerely,
A. Disgruntled Fan

Unregistered
11-29-10, 11:43 AM
I started city story and my city cash ( 19) and my rivers ( 3 ) are gone how do i get that back.

Unregistered
11-29-10, 11:49 AM
I have bin robbed to i lost 19 dollars and 3 rivers how do i get that back

Unregistered
12-02-10, 01:44 PM
This has happened twice already. The first time it happened I noticed I had 4 less cash dollars than I did last log in. Today it happened again! This morning I had 9 city dollars & I just logged back in & noticed I was missing 8 city dollars?! What's going on with the robberies? Has anyone else experienced this? I know I haven't made any purchases because I had been trying to save up my dollars. Now I'm down 12 total! Someone help!

I would like to expand at level 50 and earn more then 220,000,000. First problem, Every time I reach level 50, the game recognizes the level, then it drops right before my eyes to level 48. I continue to work through the game, reach level 50 again and again and each time it drops me to 48. This has happened 4 times. Second problem, the game drops me to 200,000,000 each time I reach 220,000,000. I have been unable to earn more coins. This has happened more then 9 times.
I am Lynora Largent. My email address is lynoralargent@gmail.com

Unregistered
12-02-10, 01:46 PM
I have bin robbed to i lost 19 dollars and 3 rivers how do i get that back

The game drops me to level 48 each time I reach 50 and steels coins all the time. Can we get it back???

maxormark
01-07-11, 12:25 PM
Been building city cash slowly and I was on $9; completed contract and was told I'd get city cash as this was my second key, but total shows $1 NOT $10! No chance of any double click on my part. Completeing a contract would have been $4 not $8!

Not so much a bug as theft and fraud!

The other problems highlighted in this thread make it very unlikely I'll pay for CC