PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Gems now on rank 4 mastery of foods - fair?

joyirene
08-01-11, 12:05 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks. Personally, I think we should be able to get gems for foods we already mastered before this update. Maybe make a rank 5 or something along those lines. Why punish people who have been loyally playing and mastering foods but new users who are just starting can get literally TWICE as many gems as we did? Like I said, I just want other opinions...

joyirene
08-01-11, 12:11 PM
Just to be clear, I'm not saying I think gems on rank 4 are a bad thing. In my opinion, it's GREAT! However, to people who can't utilize them and pay for gems, it can be very frustrating that they got 10,000 coins that can be earned in an hour instead of a gem that actually costs money.

redbites
08-01-11, 12:17 PM
I'm happy with getting them at rank 4 as well but I could have earnt so many more gems if they were awarded to players from the very beggining of restaurant story's release

greygull
08-01-11, 12:21 PM
I'm loving that there is now a gem for rank 4! But, I've been playing since October, and have mastered all but one drink (FYI, there are a total of 65 dishes/drinks). I'm not asking to be handed 64 gems. Maybe a reset for those of us playing longer back down to the beginning of level 4, so we can work our way up and receive the gem?

I really do appreciate all that TL does for us, but I am starting to feel like a cell phone customer. When you switch/join to a new provider, they give you all kinds of incentives, free phone, discounted plan for x months, etc. Once you've been there a year or two, maybe they will give you x dollars off a new phone, but never a free upgrade or other incentives that new customers get. Please TL, don't be like the phone industry! I am truly addicted to these games and forums, and am grateful for them providing the entertainment, and new friendships!

luckygirl101
08-01-11, 12:26 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks. Personally, I think we should be able to get gems for foods we already mastered before this update. Maybe make a rank 5 or something along those lines. Why punish people who have been loyally playing and mastering foods but new users who are just starting can get literally TWICE as many gems as we did? Like I said, I just want other opinions...

I think that getting a gem for mastering to level4 is a great idea but for me, I already fully mastered a lot of food. Im not so much complaing because thats giving me more gems then I had before but I also wish it went to level 5 for the people who already mastered their food. It would be a great idea beacuse it would keep us playing longer because for foods that we having mastered fully, we would have to master many more levels before getting really bored.

joyirene
08-01-11, 12:26 PM
That's exactly what it's like. Even though I haven't mastered everything, I would have stopped all at rank 3 had I known thered be another 65 gems I could earn. Now I can maybe get 10 extra.

geniaaL2
08-01-11, 01:21 PM
yes a gem on mastery 4 is great, but not instead of the lvl2 one... either both or second one is ok. :D

JoJosBakersDelite
08-01-11, 02:24 PM
I'm loving that there is now a gem for rank 4! But, I've been playing since October, and have mastered all but one drink (FYI, there are a total of 65 dishes/drinks). I'm not asking to be handed 64 gems. Maybe a reset for those of us playing longer back down to the beginning of level 4, so we can work our way up and receive the gem?

I really do appreciate all that TL does for us, but I am starting to feel like a cell phone customer. When you switch/join to a new provider, they give you all kinds of incentives, free phone, discounted plan for x months, etc. Once you've been there a year or two, maybe they will give you x dollars off a new phone, but never a free upgrade or other incentives that new customers get. Please TL, don't be like the phone industry! I am truly addicted to these games and forums, and am grateful for them providing the entertainment, and new friendships!

I totally agree!!! I still have a few to master as I cook based on their times istead of mastering one dish at a time. I think resetting mastered food to level 4 would be a great idea!!! That being said, I imagine that it's hard to think of every eventaullity when creating these games. I think we should take some comfort in that TL is listening to their players and trying to fix/work out issues, main one being able to earn more gems. IMHO. :)

taniban
08-02-11, 12:56 AM
I have mastered most of my dishes so I have lost out on many gems. Definitely not fair but I guess I have to live with it. What is even more annoying is that now teamlava has put out a message saying that 'you get a gem when you master a dish'! AAAAAHHHHH

allidock
08-02-11, 01:22 AM
I'm level 72 and most of my dishes are unmastered. I thought from the beginning that level 4 mastery should get another gem.

My feeling is that I'm glad it's being implemented now; better late than never. There is no way that teamlava will credit us the gems we would have earned. And I'm OK with that and think it's fair seeing as how those who mastered dishes did it without the expectation of gems. I enjoyed the game immensely as it was before, and I still enjoy it. I don't think older players are being punished or shortchanged by the new policy. We understood the rules as they were and most people mastered dishes because it gave them satisfaction. There are lots of new dishes coming out (something I never expected to se a few months ago) so there's still time to benefit from full mastery. :)

bawpotter
08-02-11, 05:20 AM
Alli explained it perfectly. My dishes are mastered save the 2-Day Drink. I didn't really mind that we only got 1 gem for each dish. I thought even that was genourus. I don't have any problem that TL won't credit accounts 65 gems.

chumkia
08-02-11, 05:22 AM
I agree with most of the posts.....you need to figure a way out for the old players like us who have finished mastery in most of the dishes and lost on loads of gems!!

Olderyzer
08-02-11, 10:32 AM
Great idea...but, alas, i have mastered all my items in all my Story games a long time ago....There nearly always seems to be a bitter sweetness to changes in the games. Hey, I still hope for the best. New players will have more to enjoy. That's a good thing.

flowless
08-02-11, 10:44 AM
A FIFTH level mastery sounds to be the best idea

all players would be more than happy

MercuryPDX
08-02-11, 08:48 PM
I've mastered everything but corn (I'm on an android so no drinks), and I would be happy to "remaster" the last level on everything for Gems.

Mogwai4111
08-02-11, 09:20 PM
New players will have more to enjoy. That's a good thing.

Agreed.

This decision is for the betterment of the company as a whole, which we can all agree is a good thing. My internet provider charges half my price to new customers, which I also don't view as unfair to me.