PDA

View Full Version : dictionary definition

floragirl
08-01-11, 08:39 AM
It occurs to me that the creators of this brilliant game may never have seen a real farm or heard about what happens on such an establishment. Can I suggest they consult a good dictionary or encyclopaedia to find out what is usually regarded as a "farm". They could also try google images for pictures if they are literacy challenged. They obviously do not read their feedback so I suspect that might be the case.
Of course it could be that the concept of the game icludes the said farm being taken over by aliens at some point but if that is true I wish someone had told me. It would certainly explain the inclusion of dragons (In a different scenario I would just love a dragon!), unicorns, bubble arches and all the wierd and wonderful items we are offered.
As I said earlier this is a brilliant game and I am more than happy to pay reasonable amounts of my hard earned money for suitable additions to my FARM. However in the current situation I think you should rename the game to something akin to "Fantasy Island". It would seem more relevant. I have not tried the other games as my phone's memory is limited but I am wondering, is there a dragon in the Bakery too????
P.S. Perhaps someone could read this and future feedback to them........it might help.

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 08:53 AM
TeamLava is just trying to make the games creative and fun. If they just sold crops, trees, ect. then the game will be boring, and look like a copy of other games such as tapfarm. Instead, they offer a wide range of stuff you cant find in an everyday farm. The aliens are just on the forums. It was a contest on either twitter or facebook, im not sure which one. I have never see the dragon appear on bakery story :D Teamlava DOES read feedback, that is the whole point of the forums. Many people post their feedback in the app store ( where you rate the game ), and obviously that doesnt seem to help.

SE

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 10:42 AM
Just for the effect:

farm
   [fahrm] Show IPA
–noun
a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood.

land or water devoted to the raising of animals, fish, plants, etc.: a pig farm; an oyster farm; a tree farm.

a similar, usually commercial, site where a product is manufactured or cultivated: a cheese farm; a honey farm.

–verb (used with object)
to cultivate (land).

to take the proceeds or profits of (a tax, undertaking, etc.) on paying a fixed sum.

to let or lease (taxes, revenues, an enterprise, etc.) to another for a fixed sum or a percentage (often followed by out ).

floragirl
08-01-11, 11:06 AM
Glad 1 person reads the posts! And evidently needs to check the definition. I'll go with the first one thanks.
They won't need to look it up themselves now.

casadolce
08-01-11, 11:35 AM
Anything, I repeat, anything, can happen in a cyber world.

Life's too short to limit one's imagination.

talyon
08-01-11, 11:58 AM
IMHO. TL should make a Medieval Story, for Dragons etc. Not Farm. However I suppose way back when Harry Potter days perhaps Farms had Dragons etc. Lol

sissy8
08-01-11, 11:58 AM
Anything, I repeat, anything, can happen in a cyber world.
Yes I know but a dragon is stupid:rolleyes:

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 03:38 PM
Just for the effect:

farm
   [fahrm] Show IPA
–noun
a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood.

land or water devoted to the raising of animals, fish, plants, etc.: a pig farm; an oyster farm; a tree farm.

a similar, usually commercial, site where a product is manufactured or cultivated: a cheese farm; a honey farm.

–verb (used with object)
to cultivate (land).

to take the proceeds or profits of (a tax, undertaking, etc.) on paying a fixed sum.

to let or lease (taxes, revenues, an enterprise, etc.) to another for a fixed sum or a percentage (often followed by out ).

I skipped a ton... but nowhere in there does it say dragons cant be on farms :D

@floragirl: Lol ;)

cast1532
08-01-11, 03:56 PM
Are we getting upset over a dragon on a farm? Use your imagination. =D

floragirl
08-05-11, 04:38 PM
You have got to be kidding me. A knight!! ???
Someone said team lava listen to feedback. What a joke.
Like they changed gnomes to gems.....how many messages do they need?

crystalrayn3
08-06-11, 09:12 AM
They added Dragons in order to keep the poultry & cattle populations under control

epiphany
08-06-11, 09:41 AM
You have got to be kidding me. A knight!! ???
Someone said team lava listen to feedback. What a joke.
Like they changed gnomes to gems.....how many messages do they need?

"We understand our users well and adapt our games for them....." so said Perry Tam (http://venturebeat.com/2011/07/08/storm8-comes-on-strong-with-three-new-android-games-exclusive/), co-founder of Storm8/Team Lava. Hope GM is feeding back that the vast majority of his "user" base for FS disagreed strongly (source Kookys poll) with TLs withdrawal of the mastery gnomes & the leap into mythical realms. Surely if a "user" pays for a game, then they are customers :rolleyes:

driftboutique
08-06-11, 10:33 AM
What you have to understand is that forum users are not necessarily a representative sample of TLs total user base. And that just because TL is not meeting your personal needs does not mean they are not meeting the needs of the majority of their users.

floragirl
08-07-11, 06:06 AM
As one of the previously silent majority I think that it's mistake to assume you know what they think. Like many others I am sure I have spent a lot of time reading posts but never contributing. One of the reasons for MY silence has been the realization that all the suggestions and requests the forum asked for were just being ignored. I thought I'd be wasting my time. Seems I was right and nothing is likely to change. Surely this forum was created so that the users could have some input. If not please tell me where the majority you mention are having their say because, obviously, I have missed it.