PDA

View Full Version : Can't update Bakery Story?

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:33 PM
I got a pop-up message saying that my current version of Bakery Story will not be supported for much longer so I attempted to download the newer version. From what I understand, the newer version has the little task bubbles on the corner that you can do. However, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the game, I get what appears to be the *exact* same version as before -- there are no little task bubble thingies in the corner like on my Restaurant Story game. What is going on?

Also, I have no idea WHY i have the "old" version of the game-- I barely downloaded it and started playing last week (July 25, 2011) and my friend who started the day after me has the newest version? What gives?

Please help!

trenae
07-31-11, 02:36 PM
The seasonal app(s) - Valentines Day editions (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15290-Attention-Valentine-s-Day-Edition-players) - are the ones that will no longer be supported.

Have you tried to install Bakery Story direct from the app store? If you have not tried that, try that and see if that works. The versions will look similar in terms of some of the things offered, however will be minus the hearts, however you'll be receiving all the updates using the most current version of the apps.

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:39 PM
I wasn't playing on the Valentine's version of it and it still gave me that message. :/ I've downloaded everything directly from the app store so I have no idea what's going on.

trenae
07-31-11, 02:40 PM
I wasn't playing on the Valentine's version of it and it still gave me that message. :/ I've downloaded everything directly from the app store so I have no idea what's going on.

What version of the app are you using?

You should be able to check what version you are using by going to:

main > help/FAQ. The version you are using should be listed at the bottom of that page.

The other option is to check the app store and see if you have an update you need to do for the app.

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:44 PM
I'm using version 1.2.3. My app store shows it as the latest version... is that correct?

trenae
07-31-11, 02:46 PM
I'm using version 1.2.3. My app store shows it as the latest version... is that correct?

I believe that is the most current version of the app. What exactly is your pop up saying? Are you able to post a screen shot of it?

What device and operating system are you using?

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:51 PM
I'm using an iPad and it says something along the lines of "the version of bakery story you are using will no longer be supported, please download the latest version" and there was a link that i clicked that sent me to the app page, but it showed no need for updates. I didn't think it would be an issue so I never thought to take a picture of it to post- I had thought it would be an easy process. Also, my iPad software is version 4.3.5 (I'm new to iPad stuff, so this might not be exactly what you're asking).

I think maybe what I should do now is to continue to play until it pops up again then take a screen cap and post? Maybe it was a fluke? :/

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:51 PM
Oh, and forgot to mention -- it's a 1st generation iPad, 16GB, everything's updated.

trenae
07-31-11, 02:53 PM
I'm using an iPad and it says something along the lines of "the version of bakery story you are using will no longer be supported, please download the latest version" and there was a link that i clicked that sent me to the app page, but it showed no need for updates. I didn't think it would be an issue so I never thought to take a picture of it to post- I had thought it would be an easy process. Also, my iPad software is version 4.3.5 (I'm new to iPad stuff, so this might not be exactly what you're asking).

I think maybe what I should do now is to continue to play until it pops up again then take a screen cap and post? Maybe it was a fluke? :/

That's exactly the right info. :)

Unfortunately I have not seen this in my game so haven't seen it in the 1.2.3 version of the app. I do however see that same pop up in the Valentine's edition if I open that up. I would do just the same, if it happens again, post back and maybe a Community Manager can weigh in if it's an issue.

tinyteaspoon
07-31-11, 02:55 PM
Thanks for your help, trenae. :)

trenae
07-31-11, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your help, trenae. :)

Anytime. :) Hopefully just a fluke and you can continue baking whatever goodies you've got going. :D