PDA

View Full Version : Poll gnome or gem for mastery

kooky panda
07-31-11, 12:13 PM
Okay
Now that we have lost our gnomes. What to do???
I have seen some people thrilled for the gem after 4th level mastery not missing gnomes at all. Some people outraged no more gnomes.

Lets find out...

hectorloch
07-31-11, 12:25 PM
I would vote for both. There are two different things here. I'm all for people earning more gems in play. However, I'm also in favour of recognition badges for Mastery. And I don't believe in scrapping one in favour of the other.

But I'll vote Gnome.

kooky panda
07-31-11, 12:29 PM
I would vote for both. There are two different things here. I'm all for people earning more gems in play. However, I'm also in favour of recognition badges for Mastery. And I don't believe in scrapping one in favour of the other.

But I'll vote Gnome.

yeah I was going to give third option of both, but I really wanted to see what more people wanted.

hectorloch
07-31-11, 12:35 PM
s'OK. We can work it into some of the campaigns I'm working on, viz., (a) looking into discount sea passage to get over there and let the tyres on all their motor cars down so they know what it feels like to be let down (b) *******ing buying any gems until this is all sorted out and gooses thrown in and (c) final resort, getting Sissy and the FPGC involved ... they'll not like that :)

sissy8
07-31-11, 01:50 PM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes, want new friends:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sissy8
07-31-11, 01:54 PM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes want also a892:rolleyes:

SpikeX
07-31-11, 01:56 PM
Crazy people !!
Everybody is complaining about gem items and now people want these gnomes back.....what shall TL do now ?!
It is not possible to make everyone happy......

sissy8
07-31-11, 02:10 PM
the solution is easy, let everybody choose a gem, a male or a female gnome:o, problem solved:rolleyes:

sissy8
07-31-11, 02:29 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/y_Bz50ynU7Q

swiep07
07-31-11, 03:09 PM
the solution is easy, let everybody choose a gem, a male or a female gnome:o, problem solved:rolleyes:

I also think this is the best solution!
But if I have to make a choice, I'll choose gnomes

cast1532
07-31-11, 03:12 PM
I want my river path in CS. I don't care about Gnomes or Gems. I'm glad they are giving something for level four mastery. It's a little to late for me.

MrsShrek
07-31-11, 04:15 PM
I'll go with Gnomes, but would like to get some of the guys to go with my gals. Possible solution could be even months = guys, odd months = gals. Or to make every one happy, Months 1, 4, 7, & 10 = Gals; 2, 5, 8, & 11 = Guys; and 3, 6, 9, & 12 = Gems. this way, WE could master during the months for the prizes WE want. ;-)

MrsShrek
07-31-11, 04:17 PM
I want my river path in CS. I don't care about Gnomes or Gems. I'm glad they are giving something for level four mastery. It's a little to late for me.
Wondering why you are posting under the Farm Story discussion thread?

kooky panda
07-31-11, 04:45 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/GNOMES-1.gif

swiep07
07-31-11, 06:44 PM
Whahaha! Lol

mummybear7
07-31-11, 06:46 PM
Please return our Gnome prizes. A change to Blue ones would be good, but I could live with red again if we must. Perhaps you could award the 2 gems to rank 3 mastery, it has always been a bit of a dud prize.

jtm101
07-31-11, 08:24 PM
I cant believe people are voting for gems  A two gem prize doesnt get you much, you would need to master 12 crops to even have 1 spin of a box. I bet they would be disapointed with what they got in place of 12 cool status symbols. Fork out the $5 for 24 gems if you want it them that bad.

pattisue1
07-31-11, 08:32 PM
Is it too much to ask for us to receive both? A gem and a gnome would make everyone happy.

priscilalumy
07-31-11, 08:44 PM
We could win a chance to open a magic box...

xokay
07-31-11, 09:26 PM
Wait... they actually are giving out a gem instead of a gnome now?!!? or is this just an idea? :S

talyon
07-31-11, 09:38 PM
Wait... they actually are giving out a gem instead of a gnome now?!!? or is this just an idea? :S

You now get a gem. And not a gnome etc. This is correct, and confirmed.

pattisue1
07-31-11, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for the warning about the change in prizes. I thought my game was on the fritz again! Why don't we get popup notifications in
these situations?

NewfyFarm
08-01-11, 08:50 AM
I do not know why this should be either/or. give gnome and give one gem. it's not like a gem or 10 will buy you anything. I started mastering flowers when they switched to female gnomes and I thought flowers and trees had girl gnomes, I didn't know they had all switched to female. keep it simple. flowers and tress give you girl gnomes, the others boys or visa versa. it would be too difficult for Lava to ask you what you want.

kooky panda
08-01-11, 08:51 AM
I do not know why this should be either/or. give gnome and give one gem. it's not like a gem or 10 will buy you anything. I started mastering flowers when they switched to female gnomes and I thought flowers and trees had girl gnomes, I didn't know they had all switched to female. keep it simple. flowers and tress give you girl gnomes, the others boys or visa versa. it would be too difficult for Lava to ask you what you want.
I almost put a third option (what I want) of both, but of course everyone would of picked that!!! I really am curious to see what the majority of members want.

chesterb_farmer
08-01-11, 08:54 AM
This is a great idea. Is it possible, though?

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 08:56 AM
Gnomes!!!!

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 08:57 AM
They should give out 15 gems, so you have a choice of a gnome or not.

kooky panda
08-01-11, 08:58 AM
They should give out 15 gems, so you have a choice of a gnome or not.

I like that suggestion.

CaptainMike
08-01-11, 09:11 AM
If you want to buy a gnome in FS then it costs 15 gens, so teamlava should give us 15 gems then we can buy a gnome!!

Penquin Farmer

epiphany
08-01-11, 09:41 AM
yet another poor gaming decision by TeamLava. Bring back the Mastery reward for FS & the rest of your junk games. Replacing the gnome with a singular gem is quite frankly an insult to the many, many folk worldwide who have (mostly) willingly given you their hard earned real money in these hard times over the past year & a bit, culminating in your "million dollar day (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14660-Congrats-on-your-million-dollar-day!-)&highlight=million+dollar)" last month, which i'm sure was repeated last week with your "medival" theme release. Never seen so many dragons:cool:

theres no place like gnome

scargo
08-01-11, 10:07 AM
Nicely said, epiphany! Couldn't agree more. :)
yet another poor gaming decision by TeamLava. Bring back the Mastery reward for FS & the rest of your junk games. Replacing the gnome with a singular gem is quite frankly an insult to the many, many folk worldwide who have (mostly) willingly given you their hard earned real money in these hard times over the past year & a bit, culminating in your "million dollar day (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14660-Congrats-on-your-million-dollar-day!-)&highlight=million+dollar)" last month, which i'm sure was repeated last week with your "medival" theme release. Never seen so many dragons:cool:

theres no place like gnome

sissy8
08-01-11, 11:50 AM
stupid dragons:p

kooky panda
08-01-11, 11:53 AM
stupid dragons:p

Sissy
Maybe the dragons can go fly in your goose for the next update!! oh nevermind, you do not want to get your goose cooked!!

DoubleZ
08-01-11, 12:02 PM
Not enough choices. I'd choose gnome over 1 gem, but would chose 15 gems over a gnome. Just 1 gem is almost insulting.

stahnley
08-01-11, 12:19 PM
I think it is insulting to give only one gem. So you have to master 15 crops to get enough gems to buy one gnome, when you used to get one gnome for one crop. And I agree, why weren't we notified of this? As I read this forum I get more and more frustrated with this game. I have liked many aspects of it, but I'm ready to say no more. There is no reason they can't give us a choice, either one gnome (male or female) or 15 gems.

luckygirl101
08-01-11, 12:34 PM
i go both ways

luckygirl101
08-01-11, 12:37 PM
actually no that i think about it, i think that getting just 1 gem instead of a 15 gem item is really ridicoulous

MrsPamB
08-01-11, 05:02 PM
Getting one gem for mastering level two and then again mastering level four just does not make sense. If you do more work, you should get a greater reward! Since this happened I have stopped trying to master crops, cause it's just not the same. I think we should either:
1. Get one gem and a gnome for level 4, or
2. Get a choice of female gnome, male gnome, or more than one gem (seriously, give us a little credit), or
3. Get a unique prize that is not available in the store when you master level four (suggested in another thread).

I am voting for gnome in this poll, and then going to vote again on Facebook. Long live the Garden Gnomes...

hectorloch
08-01-11, 10:02 PM
Well Mrs Kooky, guess what my first question is of you !

swiep07
08-02-11, 01:10 AM

Lol same here! ;)

sueblue
08-02-11, 03:41 AM
Please return the gnomes. Preferably the boys.

A gem. really?

jamalo
08-02-11, 04:14 AM
voted for gnome but suggestion of lowering price of gnomes to 1 gem on another thread is a great idea. Do not think any one is seriously buying gnomes for 15 gems now so would not cost teamlava a lot of money anyway...

sissy8
08-02-11, 05:35 AM
in the beginning I bought one because they are so cute and then I misklicked and i sold it by accident:(, i am very happy with mastering and gnomes:o

kooky panda
08-02-11, 06:16 AM

That was my first question to GM... I will keep you posted ..

GrannySandy
08-02-11, 09:25 AM

I am a level 96 farmer and play for the pure joy of decorating & hopefully bringing smiles to everyone that visits my farm! The added bonuses I received were the friends that I have made from all over the world!*

My farm is 98% focused around my gnomes & their interactions with my life & occasionally with a couple of my special nbrs & their little G's! We've even visited each others cities & zoos! Each acquisition of a new member to the family was celebrated! So sad that TL has robbed us now of that great feeling!*

I understand people needing/wanting gems & ways to earn them vs buying! I am an extravagant gem purchaser...you need only to look at my farm & that fact is blatantly visible! My ?Homes for Gnomes' doesn't have near enough room for even half of my inventory!*

Please Team Lava...give us the choice...gem or gnome...guy or gal!

This mornings pop up from TL about a gem for mastery felt like a slap in the face in response to all our pleas!*

My farm will be displaying partial inventory & no crops! I am still watering & gifting all of my nbrs because they are the GREATEST!

Sandy

yanochka
08-02-11, 09:45 AM
Very sad to hear it's official. Team Lava, please reconsider your decision. My sister quit playing today and also several of my neighbors. I am very SAD. I have been playing Farm Story for a year now. I've been very patient, surviving various glitches...patiently waiting for weekly updates (which finally started appearing) and I was starting to get more excited about the game...after being on level 96 for so long without any improvements. And now this...without advanced notice...and no explanation. Team Lava wants our feedback to be posted on the forum - well here it is - we want our gnomes back!!!!! What are you going to do about it?????

gabo84
08-02-11, 10:33 AM
Not enough choices. I'd choose gnome over 1 gem, but would chose 15 gems over a gnome. Just 1 gem is almost insulting.

exactly my feelings

gabo84
08-02-11, 10:36 AM
Go gnome or go home!

CodfishJohnny
08-02-11, 10:56 AM
If you're upset, use Twitter. Tweet: @FarmStory Bring back the gnomes! #farmstory. Or retweet mine. @CodfishJohnny

pinkster73
08-02-11, 11:06 AM
This is sad. Bring back the gnomes.

sissy8
08-02-11, 12:24 PM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn, Snowy, Patty, Po, Little Johnny, Alexis, , Muck, Mick, Mack, Rita, Elvis, Ping, Pong, Tina, Lonesome George, Twiggy, Andy Pandy, Maggie, Sweetie, Moggie, Hector, Froggie, Fred, Kookie, Mia, Percy, Big Wilma, Annie, Amy, Ted, Beautifull Willy, Hank, Hunk, Fritzz, Lizzy, Reachel, Ophra she thinks, Benny, Softie, Betty, Lola and Sam are begging for new friends, please please please:rolleyes:

clint00781
08-02-11, 01:55 PM
the solution is easy, let everybody choose a gem, a male or a female gnome, problem solved
This is a good solution!! I'm jut so let down that TL actually Tunis removing features is a step forward in progress very disappointing bring back our gnomes hands down!!!!!! I can't believe the replacement to our trophy would actualy be so little one gem really for a mastery I think people are forgetting we already get one gem when the second level is completed!! The mastery level should have something more to show for all your hard work than one gem!!

swiep07
08-02-11, 02:14 PM
Wow, lots of people online!
Please vote all!

kooky panda
08-02-11, 02:20 PM
I know we are all very disappointed in the new change, but I am so glad that most people have not just voiced complaints about the gnome issue but have also included a lot of really good suggestions of ways to try and keep gnomes and rivers, (or get another 4th level prize).

pattisue1
08-02-11, 02:56 PM
Hey! Hotstuff, Hot-To-Trot, Hothead, and Hottie on my farm take exception to that remark!

pattisue1
08-02-11, 02:58 PM
Don't call em stupid dragons!

pattisue1
08-02-11, 03:06 PM
Okay seriously, when does this poll close?

swiep07
08-02-11, 03:15 PM
I invited all my neighbors to register and vote here! Seen a few already :D
Maybe when we get more votes TL will give the gnomes back! :)

jtm101
08-02-11, 07:58 PM

Hopefully not until the Gnomes are returned, or an agreeable compromise (ie users choice upon completion)

Blue Gnome/Red Gnome/Gem .. Cat/Dog/Goose/Duck?

crystalrayn3
08-03-11, 08:29 AM
*vigorously chants* GNOMES! GNOMES! GNOMES! GNOMES!

kooky panda
08-03-11, 08:34 AM
My bad I forgot to put a time limit on poll. I will leave open today and close tonight declaring a winner...

ripdimebagd
08-03-11, 09:14 AM
All of my 3 farms..yes I'm crazy but all of my 3 farms have a different theme with my gnomes BRING EM BACK PLEASE!!

pattisue1
08-03-11, 07:23 PM
Thanks Kooky Panda. I want the poll to close while the gnomes are the obvious favorite. :-)

kooky panda
08-03-11, 08:09 PM
Time to close poll... Thanks to everyone for voting and giving some great suggestions.

And the winner is THE GNOME!!!!!!