PDA

View Full Version : Received parts on my Android (great!) but I can't find them in my Gifts box !

busybbee
07-31-11, 10:19 AM
I have received parts from 3 neighbours on my HTC Incredible S and was looking forward to finally get started on this but when I opened my Gifts menu, all I could see were the usual food gifts.

Can someone please advise if I am not doing it right? Otherwise, TL - please fix asap!

I have heard so much about these parts that I am really frustrated to be able to receive but cannot find.

Also, I cannot click the "Visit" button on my neighbours who make Material Requests for parts.

And how do I request for parts ?

It would be good if TL can include some instructions about the above in the FAQ/Help .....

Thanx,
My Storm ID : busybbee
My bakery : BakerBeez

greygull
07-31-11, 10:47 AM
They will not show up under Gifts. When you purchase a constructible appliance, you will receive a cardboard box on the spot you set it on. Any parts that you have received that go to that appliance will be shown in there, though not who they're from. You can also request from inside there.

busybbee
07-31-11, 10:58 AM
From reading the other posts on this, I have just tried looking into my appliances tab and am now at level 44. The ice cream maker and easy oven can be seen but are not "clickable" and hidden behind the message "The next appliance unlocks at level 46."

Therefore, are you saying that these parts that I click to receive from my neighbours will only unlock when I reach level 46 ?

Meanwhile, is there any way that I can request for the parts (even though I can't see the inventory of what I have received) ? Or must I wait for the appliance to unlock ?

If I am receiving these parts from my nbrs, why is there still a $10,000 to purchase the respective appliances ?

Apologies for the questions - but I have not built one before and therefore am not very clear on how this works. Perhaps TL can post a more comprehensive explanation on this in their FAQ / Help section ?

Thanx.

BS ID : busybbee
Bakery : BakerBeez

badger8
07-31-11, 11:06 AM
You are just at your max for your level (44). What you can do in the meantime, is store one or more of your current appliances, and it'll open a spot for you to buy the ice cream maker.
You then buy the appliance (because nothing is free!) and a cardboard box will show up where you place it. Tap on the box and it'll prompt you to request parts from your nbrs.
Try this and if you have more questions, just post back!

busybbee
07-31-11, 11:16 AM
OK! Great ! I will do just that !

You should really post this in the Help / FAQ section in-game.....

Cheers & have a great week ahead !

badger8
07-31-11, 12:25 PM
You too BB!

Sophieb75
08-02-11, 01:22 PM
Hello, I read the post above and maybe I'm missing something. I purchased a grill on bakery story and are the requests for parts automatic? Also, when you receive the parts do they go directly into the box until you receive all of the parts? If not where do they go and how can I access them. I have a droid x. Thanx

BS ID: sophieb75
Bakery: Sophia's Sweets

greygull
08-02-11, 10:02 PM
You need to click on the box, click on manage. From there you can requests parts, and your neighbor list will appear. You can check names, and they will receive your request.

Just a bit of info - I would recommend to only request from 20 neighbors a day. You can only receive 20 parts a day, and if you accept any as gifts, they count towards both gifts and parts (I think).

Koukla99
08-03-11, 02:52 AM
I have the same problems you mentioned this is very frustating!!! despite Android users are always decades late in comparison with the I phone players!!! lots of nbrs have built dozen of new ovens and ice cream machines and the others (myself included) DONT!!!!!! please fix it

greygull
08-03-11, 11:19 AM
But on the flip side - Android users just getting the appliances will now receive 2 gems total after complete mastery, where most iDevice users already mastered most, and only received one. Just a thought!

nmishii
08-03-11, 12:01 PM
Just a bit of info - I would recommend to only request from 20 neighbors a day. You can only receive 20 parts a day, and if you accept any as gifts, they count towards both gifts and parts (I think).

On the first day I bought my ice cream machine, I evenly distributed part requests to my neighbors and started asking for parts as gifts. At the end of the day I had 27 parts, and I know I accepted 7 parts as gifts. I did the same on the next day, and based on the total count, had received 20 parts from requests plus 8 as gifts. I can't say if the parts from gifts came from different people than the requests, but I think the odds are high that I accepted at least one gift and one requested part from the same person on at least one of the days.

I know I've gifted people parts and didn't get a maxed out message, and also accepted their requests and didn't get a maxed out message, so I think people have gotten a part for a gift and a part as a request from me on the same day, although I don't know what was accepted.

So I think you can receive up to 20 parts a day from requests and 20 from gifts, for 40 total per day.

greygull
08-03-11, 12:51 PM
That's good to know!

keg63
08-03-11, 08:39 PM
Bought the ice cream machine, but I can't tap on it to request parts, nor can I move it or even sell it. It is just taking up space in my bakery and preventing me from putting back a functioning a
ppliance. please help.

greygull
08-03-11, 08:44 PM
Try moving everything from around it, then move it to an isolated spot. Even if you need to put it back after, you should be able to access it like that.

keg63
08-05-11, 04:41 AM
Thank you!!!!! Moving stuff around worked beautifully! I am halfway to my first ice cream machine and couldn't be happier.