PDA

View Full Version : My famstory game force closes all the time!

motty69
07-30-11, 05:25 PM
I love farm story but I have been having major issues with the game force closing! It force closes everytime I except a neighbor or when I try to invite a neighbor! It forcecloses a lot when Im planting crops and it force closes every two or three gifts I except. Then when I try to send that neighbor that sent me a gift when it force closed it does it again! It is soo annoying! Please help me! I'm thinking about deleting the game all together! I would hate to do that because I really enjoy playing. Also the things that I have purchased in the suprise box are ridiculous for the amount of gems you pay! A rainbow rose bush? That is totally lame graphics! Everyone I've purchased hoping for a cool house like all my other neighbors get, but no I get a dinky sign or a catapult. A catapult? what do u do with that on a farm? Sorry to vent, but I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks,
Mr. Dukes

greygull
07-30-11, 05:34 PM
What device are you on? I have a Droid X, there was recently an update to the phone that has been causing these problems. I lost one neighbor to it, she couldn't access the game at all. I'm not having problems with the game, but I can't type words in anything (in game, texting, Internet) without major problems. I talked to Verizon, they said give it a week or two for the phone to sort itself out, and if it didn't, I could get it replaced. Hope yours gets better!

jovenal
07-30-11, 06:34 PM
I love farm story but I have been having major issues with the game force closing! It force closes everytime I except a neighbor or when I try to invite a neighbor! It forcecloses a lot when Im planting crops and it force closes every two or three gifts I except. Then when I try to send that neighbor that sent me a gift when it force closed it does it again! It is soo annoying! Please help me! I'm thinking about deleting the game all together! I would hate to do that because I really enjoy playing. Also the things that I have purchased in the suprise box are ridiculous for the amount of gems you pay! A rainbow rose bush? That is totally lame graphics! Everyone I've purchased hoping for a cool house like all my other neighbors get, but no I get a dinky sign or a catapult. A catapult? what do u do with that on a farm? Sorry to vent, but I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks,
Mr. Dukes

Let's us know what device are you on and what version of OS you're using. Those helps greatly. also is you FS the latest version?

you can delete the game, reboot you device then download the latest version. for some users, downloading the new version fixes the problem. give that a try.

motty69
07-30-11, 08:23 PM
My phone is a HTC Mytouch 4G & the carier is T mobile. I have it on the option where I get autimatic updates for the game, does that mean I autimatically get the latest version? If I don't and have to delete it to get the latest version will my farm come back the same way it was before I deleted the old version? Thanks for the speedy responce!

motty69
07-30-11, 08:25 PM
I have a mytouch 4G. I'm sorry about what you are going through! Thanks for responding to my post, it helps when others share problems they are going through!

jovenal
07-30-11, 08:32 PM
My phone is a HTC Mytouch 4G & the carier is T mobile. I have it on the option where I get autimatic updates for the game, does that mean I autimatically get the latest version? If I don't and have to delete it to get the latest version will my farm come back the same way it was before I deleted the old version? Thanks for the speedy responce!

Regarding Android Story games glitch, I'll leave them to the Android users here. I can answer the rest of your questions. No, some TL games update need to be manually download like the latest Bakery Story update. The weekly content updates ( crops & decoration) are rolled out every Fridays and ends on Tuesdays.
Deleting the app will NOT affect your game. your game is saved on TL server.

greygull
07-30-11, 09:41 PM
Like jovenal said, deleting will not affect your game. My update was the phone system, I still do manual updates for my games. I hope you game starts working for you!

pinkster73
07-30-11, 09:50 PM
Motty69: I'm on android. I get automatic updates of farm story. I have force close issues similar but not exactly the same as you. When I'm waiting to finish harvest; plant etc if I touch any button like accept gifts or visit neighbors I get a force close. I've found out that if I hit my phone "home" button between actions (then go back to farm story) it stops this. Not sure why. Maybe try that for now?