PDA

View Full Version : a gem instead of a gnome?

swiep07
07-29-11, 11:06 PM
I just mastered level 4 of my greenbeans and I got a gem instead of a gnome!:confused:
I still don't know whether I like it better or not.. because I do like the gnomes on my farm.
Did anyone else had this too?
Yesterday I mastered level 4 of the blackberries and did get my gnome.

allidock
07-29-11, 11:19 PM
The same thing happened to me but with peanuts. I hope this starts for all the story games!

linda_xxx
07-30-11, 03:31 AM
Same, just got a gem for the blueberries. I like gnomes :cool:

kooky panda
07-30-11, 04:26 AM
Same here 1 gem for cotton this morning.

Rachael98
07-30-11, 04:29 AM
I haven't got any gnomes yet:(.

MiniLaura
07-30-11, 04:57 AM
Well, poo. I'd rather have more boy gnomes. I've been moving several crops up to just under mastery hoping that they would switch back to boy gnomes. Oh well. I guess I'll be stock piling even more gems!

Rachael98
07-30-11, 04:59 AM
Well, poo. I'd rather have more boy gnomes. I've been moving several crops up to just under mastery hoping that they would switch back to boy gnomes. Oh well. I guess I'll be stock piling even more gems!

I envy that you can stockpile gems. Let's see what TL have to say for themselves:D.

hectorloch
07-30-11, 05:21 AM
Well. that's the answer to what we are supposed to do with all the accumulating gnomes ! Not the one I was expecting - or like. Maybe something else will appear. It's hardly an appropriate prize for 4.000 mastery points hard earned - particularly as you also get one gem (do we still ?) for 1,000 LP's at mastery level two.

hectorloch
07-30-11, 05:24 AM
Oh dear !

That's an answer to what to do with accumulating gnomes - but not one I expected, or like.

hectorloch
07-30-11, 05:25 AM
Sorry, I thought my earlier post had disappeared into the ether.

kooky panda
07-30-11, 05:26 AM
I know. I love getting gems but I miss getting a special item
:(

Oh maybe my gnomes complaining about losing their yellow houses pushed TL to their limit!!

Rachael98
07-30-11, 05:30 AM
I know. I love getting gems but I miss getting a special item
:(

Oh maybe my gnomes complaining about losing their yellow houses pushed TL to their limit!!

If that pushed TL to the limit then they'd better not annoy me:p

jtm101
07-30-11, 05:32 AM
Oh no, please keep rewarding us with Gnomes for level 4 mastery !!!

I feel it is one of the 2 main goals of the game. Accumulate gnomes and save up to buy Mansion/Vineyard.

I have won 32 so far, which i proudly display. I have no use for gems, as they do not help me get to either of my 2 goals. Besides gnomes cost 15 gems, so if gnomes were no longer i'd expect the 15 gems.

Please dont take away our precious gnomes

kooky panda
07-30-11, 05:37 AM
If that pushed TL to the limit then they'd better not annoy me:p

Gnomes may have to rally again against TL. Now my gnomes have their new dragon...FLAMEBOY ...
Now they can have air strikes along with ground attacks..

Rachael98
07-30-11, 05:52 AM
Gnomes may have to rally again against TL. Now my gnomes have their new dragon...FLAMEBOY ...

I'm helping them! Please add me, Kooky. You have a beautiful farm.

hectorloch
07-30-11, 06:25 AM

Yes, Flameboy ! In Flameboy, we trust !

They're nuts if they are abandoning visual rewards for progress though the game.

jtm101
07-30-11, 06:35 AM
I hope we get a response from TL developers soon. This would be a major change to Farm Story.

akintobe
07-30-11, 11:19 AM
I haven't got any gnomes yet:(.

I've never gotten gem or Gnomes! Wasn't even aware I was supposed to!

MiniLaura
07-30-11, 11:29 AM
Hee hee. TL is in a no-win situation here. In one corner, people demanding more gems. In the other corner, people wanting their gnomes back.

akintobe
07-30-11, 12:36 PM
U thank it's funny! Well to lose hard earned money is not funny to me!

hectorloch
07-30-11, 12:47 PM

Mini's comment wasn't directed at you. You didn't explain how you've lost money. You should have got a gem at Mastery Level 2 for all crops you've planted and harvested 500 times and a gnome after 2500 times. We seem to have lost the gnome as a prize. You could sell the gnome for 600 - poor return. There are also cash awards at each level. So far as I'm aware, you still get that.

swiep07
07-30-11, 12:58 PM
What the heck???
now I got a gem for mastering level 4 at bakery story!
I love that of course , because first we didn't get anything.
but TL please don't tell me it means that I won't get gems for the (37!!!) dishes/drinks I already mastered at level 4.

swiep07
07-30-11, 01:04 PM
I'm helping them! Please add me, Kooky. You have a beautiful farm.

I would love to have you as a neighbor too Kooky (a)

acsgirl
07-30-11, 01:12 PM
I have NEVER gotten a gnome only gems, whats up with that?

swiep07
07-30-11, 01:15 PM
Normally you get a gnome for mastering level 4.
Only at Farm story

nmishii
07-30-11, 01:46 PM
I would like the gnomes back for level 4 mastery. Getting the gnomes have been pretty much my goal on FS. I'm down to the flowers and weekly updates. Growing flowers is a slow way to get more coins and XP. Maybe now I'll focus on other crops to getting the vineyard, then get to Level 96.

Adding floating stars to RS, taking gnomes away ... TL should focus more on the fixing things that people have been complaining about and adding features people have been constantly requesting rather than change things that work. I still say this in general even though I am happily building my first ice cream machine and appreciate that update.

MiniLaura
07-30-11, 02:19 PM

What Hector said. I am laughing at the situation not at any player. TL tries to please their customers, but this was not a smart move on their part. And if they go back to the old way, they'll have people complaining about not getting gems.

jtm101
07-30-11, 10:42 PM
I am praying we get our gnomes again. I've started planting to avoid rank 4 mastery in the meantime.

I am with nmishi in this, down to flowers and new crops left to master.

greygull
07-30-11, 11:03 PM
What the heck???
now I got a gem for mastering level 4 at bakery story!
I love that of course , because first we didn't get anything.
but TL please don't tell me it means that I won't get gems for the (37!!!) dishes/drinks I already mastered at level 4.
I just checked RS - same thing! On RS, we did get 10,000 for a level 4 master, but I hit 2 different ones today, and got 2 gems! Thanks, loves the gems! Now what about the others dishes I had already leveled? On my other game, I have all but 1 drink mastered, that's 64 items. Just curious.

nmishii
07-30-11, 11:10 PM
I have all food mastered in RS and BS. Except the what's available for the ice cream machine, which I just started building yesterday, and the drink machine, which I can't build yet. I'm not counting on them giving gems for already mastered food. And I guess there is an advantage to not having the constructables until a month after released on iDevice - I can now get gems for mastering food that I may have mastered by now if I had started a month ago.

cast1532
07-30-11, 11:12 PM
This kinda sucks. I have master almost everything in Restaurant and Bakery Story. I want gems too. Does this mean we get two gems per dish?

jovenal
07-31-11, 12:36 AM
This kinda sucks. I have master almost everything in Restaurant and Bakery Story. I want gems too. Does this mean we get two gems per dish?

yes, we get 2 gems for mastering dish/crop/contract now (for second and forth level). however no longer get gnome for mastering on FS and no more river for mastering contract on CS.

elliejean
07-31-11, 01:34 AM
I like it this way, allows for more opportunity to earn gems! :)

swiep07
07-31-11, 02:06 AM

Yes that's true, but most of us have already mastered all dishes and didn't get anything for it!
(Maybe coins, but I am not that interested in coins)

I sure hope TL will give us the gems, or any other compensation...

swiep07
07-31-11, 02:14 AM
Instead of the gnome part... I want the gnomes back!
When I pick about 3 of my peach and cherry trees I'll get the gems instead of my lovely gnomes :(
So no picking trees until the gnomes will be back lol

1CoolBird
07-31-11, 05:32 AM
I do like the idea of getting something for mastering dishes in BS and RS, but honestly my favorite game has always been FS because of the gnomes. For now I'll hold off on mastering any more crops until we get official word, and really really hoping that it's just a glitch!

hectorloch
07-31-11, 05:55 AM
Here's a cash plan for TL. Announce it's a glitch but also announce that technically it's beyond ability to restore the missing Gnomes that would have been earned. Then suggest that anyone wanting to make up any missing Gnome from their Mastery Collection has an easy solution - buy one for 15 gems .... er .... maybe that was the plan all along :) Happy farming/knightsanddragonning/bicycling/meteorspotting & etc

kooky panda
07-31-11, 06:24 AM
Okay in TL defense I think they were trying to do a good thing . Members have been complaining about more ways to get gems. Anyone remember the yellow house upset? Most people wanted to keep yellow houses but since TL received so many emails claiming false advertising because the glazing ball was item show in box not yellow house. TL had to correct glitch. In that case TL had to either keep houses or get rid of them...

In this situation why cant we have both? 4th level mastery takes dedication and a lot of work. Get the gem plus the gnome or river(on city)
this would please all the people all the time!!!

sissy8
07-31-11, 07:31 AM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes want more friends and also ? goose ;) so please bring them back :)

sissy8
07-31-11, 07:33 AM
And why is there no option choose gem or Mal? female gnome then everybody is happy:)

samcho1
07-31-11, 07:35 AM
Oh no..... Most of my food in restaurant story are already executive level!!! I want gem too~~~
OMG..........

samcho1
07-31-11, 07:44 AM
I hope TL compensate the gem which we couldn't get from executive level PLEASE.

hectorloch
07-31-11, 08:07 AM
Doesn't make any logical sense if you consider the table now -

Rank 1: 500 LP's - 1000 coins, 20 xp
Rank 2: 1,000 LP's - 1 gem, 50 xp
Rank 3: 2,000 LP's - 2000 coins, 100 xp
Rank 4: 4,000 LP's - 1 gem, 5000 coins, 200 xp and of course the marginal increase in crop income.

I assume you still get the coins and xp at those amounts at Rank 4. Did anyone not blinded by the shock, actually notice ? I'm bubbling under but just holding off on blackberries and beans for now. Forlorn hope perhaps.

hectorloch
07-31-11, 08:31 AM
Anyone remember the yellow house upset? Most people wanted to keep yellow houses but since TL received so many emails claiming false advertising because the glazing ball was item show in box not yellow house. TL had to correct glitch. In that case TL had to either keep houses or get rid of them...

I never bought into that one Mrs K. Players had a choice - gazing ball or gnomes house. They could have been left with it. Arguably, all that was lost was the ability to rotate the item of choice. However, for the complainers (if there truly were any; none showed up on this Forum) the gazing ball in either rotation looked much the same. In any event, you must agree that anyone who actually wanted a gazing ball on their Farm must have been a technical lunatic anyway, so who cares what they thought ! A notion occurs; what with the gnome house confiscation and now the gnome cull, could it be that someone at TL is dwarf prejudiced and in need of counselling. It might also be actionable. I'll need to look up who this could be reported to ... more when I have it.

DoubleZ
07-31-11, 08:35 AM
Personally, I prefer gems over gnomes, though, the award for rank 4 should be more than just 1 gem. I realize we also get 5000 coins and 200 XP, but giving coins at rank 4 seems moot. I sell my 20 dog bowls a day and receive 8000 coins...don't need more coins.

It costs 15 gems to buy a gnome. To be fair and receive a comparable reward as before, more gems should be awarded. Receiving only 1 gem is a let down, especially since mastering rank 4 is a lot of tedious work. I'm very disappointed. What incentive do have now to master crops?? Sigh...

DoubleZ
07-31-11, 08:45 AM
Okay in TL defense I think they were trying to do a good thing . Members have been complaining about more ways to get gems.

In this situation why cant we have both? 4th level mastery takes dedication and a lot of work. Get the gem plus the gnome or river(on city) this would please all the people all the time!!!

I agree. Many were complaining about the gnome and looking for ways to earn gems. However, many also liked the gnome. It was suggested that they give peoe a choice of what reward they wanted by compemsating the same number of gems to buy whatever they wanted. That seems fair. The current 1-gem award is a definite downgrade from the gnome.

NewfyFarm
07-31-11, 10:09 AM
hey Lava,
level 96 here with about 52 gnomes. I only slave away at mastering crops so I can get the gnomes. They are a fun kind of status. I have a lot of neighbors and have been at this for a while. but I am very goal oriented, as are most people who play Farm Story, and I need something to work towards to keep me motivated. A gnome means you mastered a crop, it is like a badge. When you had a glitch on pineapples, I even bought a gnome because I didn't get one for that crop. I am not happy about this at all and this could be the beginning of the end for me and this game. other 96ers feel the same. BTW It is good for your game that you have us at the high level to keep the lower levels motivated. I have the mansion and the vineyard and another 10 million to spend. don't take away my little bit of fun here.

jovenal
07-31-11, 10:11 AM
I agree. Many were complaining about the gnome and looking for ways to earn gems. However, many also liked the gnome. It was suggested that they give peoe a choice of what reward they wanted by compemsating the same number of gems to buy whatever they wanted. That seems fair. The current 1-gem award is a definite downgrade from the gnome.

A gnome is worth 15 gems and getting 1 gem for mastery is a major downgrade. if TL wants to change the free mastery gift it should be comparable to the gnome that we used to get. another gem item mastery gift would be nice.

hectorloch
07-31-11, 10:23 AM
To be fair and receive a comparable reward as before, more gems should be awarded. Receiving only 1 gem is a let down, especially since mastering rank 4 is a lot of tedious work. I'm very disappointed. What incentive do have now to master crops?? Sigh...

We're all disappointed, 2Z. Particularly as it's so high-handed and arbitrary on TL's part. There are two different things here (a) the opportunity to earn more gems through game play and (b) recognition of attaining Mastery. I don't think anyone rational would have a problem agreeing with that - except TL, of course. Taking away one to provide for the other suggests to me a loss of the plot as well as the entire map. Of course there was always that debate that the Mastery Award should be unique and not something that could also be purchased. Maybe they should now think along those lines.

jovenal
07-31-11, 10:32 AM
"... the Mastery Award should be unique and not something that could also be purchased. Maybe they should now think along those lines.

I agreed and it should be! we all worked hard and took the time to master those crops and others we should be reward something special and different.

RoseMiti
07-31-11, 11:24 AM
Restore our gnomes.

I already bought two gnomes as I mastered crops, to make company to the others. But that feeling of accomplishment is kinda lost. 

yanochka
07-31-11, 01:02 PM
I agree that for achievement of level 4 there should be a special prize which cannot be purchased. But that will never happen. In the meantime bring gnomes back!!!

MiniLaura
07-31-11, 01:05 PM
So, who remembers when Mastery was first introduced and so many people complained that all they got for level four was a lousy gnome? (not me, I've always thought the gnome was fantastic.) Waaaaay back then people wanted a gem instead of the gnome. Maybe TL is reading old forum posts? :p

jovenal
07-31-11, 01:21 PM
I agree that for achievement of level 4 there should be a special prize which cannot be purchased. But that will never happen. In the meantime bring gnomes back!!!

it's probably a wishful thinking to get a special and unique prize for mastering things but this one way to retain players. just like offering special and limited gift with gem purchases entices players to buy more gem.

sissy8
07-31-11, 01:47 PM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes, are crying a lot because they can't get new friends anymore:(:(

andrei_2211
07-31-11, 02:31 PM

same here :)

gobblies
07-31-11, 03:29 PM
Don't take away the gnomies!! I have HEAPS in storage and I want more!!!

yanochka
07-31-11, 04:29 PM
Just got a gem for mastering blackberries :(:mad:
was hoping that this was just a glitch...and I would get a gnome - false hopes

kooky panda
07-31-11, 04:34 PM
Anyone mastered level three today?? Maybe gnomes were moved there!!

(wishful thinking)

jovenal
07-31-11, 05:37 PM
Anyone mastered level three today?? Maybe gnomes were moved there!!

(wishful thinking)

no such luck! 3rd level still the same

swiep07
07-31-11, 05:39 PM

Boohoo :'( I want the gnomes back... sniff

kooky panda
07-31-11, 06:07 PM

Oh nooo!!! Sad sad day at kooky farm:(:(:(

mummybear7
07-31-11, 06:50 PM
Please return our gnomes, this is the worst thing to happen in this game since I began playing last year. Worse even than the week we lost water 3-5 times. If they don't come back I see no real point in playing on with no end goal. A return to blue would please many.

DoubleZ
07-31-11, 11:15 PM
A gnome is worth 15 gems and getting 1 gem for mastery is a major downgrade. if TL wants to change the free mastery gift it should be comparable to the gnome that we used to get. another gem item mastery gift would be nice.

Or give us the 15 gems it costs to buy a gnome!

swiep07
08-01-11, 01:48 AM
Yeah! 15 gems is fine with me too! :)

babynmum
08-01-11, 01:59 AM
I FEEL REALLY REALLY *****ED!!!! Worked so hard at coffee and NO GNOME? What is this rubbish. Someone better teach TL how to do Marketing.... disgusted....

Hawaiianmomma
08-01-11, 06:11 AM
A World Filled With So Many Apps, Customer Satisfaction Seems Outta Reach Outta Sight And Somewhere Drifting In The Wind, Keep What Works, Dump What Isn't And Fix What's Broken.....Empire Still Needs Finetuning(Blurred Building) Zoo Needs Mastery On Crops And Well Gnomes Need To Go Back Home On The Farm, People Use Them At RS for Staff, etc. Etc.,etc. The Need Is Great As Most Are Creative In Using Items You Have Always Provided As A Staple. Change and Diversity is Always Great, But Without A Foundation A House Always Falls;) Much Aloha & Thank You For The Take Out Box At RS

scargo
08-01-11, 06:27 AM
Absolutely agree with all the above players in bringing back our little gnomes. We need a collective voice to get us heard. Farm Story/Team Lava actually posts items on their FS Facebook page even before they announce on these forums. I have started a post on their Facebook page as well. (If you can't get there from this link, just search "Farm Story" on Facebook, then click "Discussions/Gems instead of Gnomes". Our voices will only be heard if we show a presence across all their mediums of social networking. Click here and tell them we want our little gnomes back (both boys AND girls)!!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=124238494270502&topic=457

judyflower
08-01-11, 06:49 AM
Getting gnomes is the reason I play. If there are no gnomes for level 4, then I quit.

CaptainMike
08-01-11, 06:56 AM
I am really really annoyed about this and in protest am not replanting until gnomes coke back, Join the protest and stop planting please . PenguinFarmer

kooky panda
08-01-11, 07:26 AM
Come post on poll

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15432-Poll-gnome-or-gem-for-mastery&p=98984#post98984

alirob
08-01-11, 09:02 AM
Please give us our Gnomes back...

yanochka
08-01-11, 09:09 AM
Has anyone heard back from Team Lava? I sent them email but no response yet....

sissy8
08-01-11, 09:58 AM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes want to talk to Group Magma about this issue,
because they are very very unhappy:rolleyes:

sterlingempire
08-01-11, 10:01 AM
Dimpy, Wimpy, Wiskey, Sissy, Woopy, Duffy, Loony, Big Wayn and all my other gnomes want to talk to Group Magma about this issue,
because they are very very unhappy:rolleyes:

Lol..... ;)

sissy8
08-01-11, 11:41 AM
They all want to talk to Magma:rolleyes:

DoubleZ
08-01-11, 11:54 AM
I am really really annoyed about this and in protest am not replanting until gnomes coke back, Join the protest and stop planting please . PenguinFarmer

I've mastered rank 4 on 31 crops and 7 trees, my latest being cauliflower which I got the 1 gem for. It's the only one that doesn't have a gnome. I'm not a huge gnome fan, but it far outweighs one lousy gem. Was getting ready to master alfalfa and mushroom, but purposely stopped short. I'll continue planting, but will remain forever in rank 3 limbo until changes are made and either the gnomes are brought back or something of EQUAL value (or 15 gems) is put in their place.

talyon
08-01-11, 12:03 PM
Gems rule, Gnomes drool!!!

pinkster73
08-01-11, 12:05 PM
I'm sad about no more gnomes. Give them back :(

kooky panda
08-01-11, 12:28 PM
Gems rule, Gnomes drool!!!
Do not make me send my dragon (flameboy) over to defend the gnomes honor!!! lol

luckygirl101
08-01-11, 12:33 PM
I like getting the gems because you can always buy gnomes for 15 gems (which is pretty rediculous) but the only way to get gems is buying them with real money. Dont you think it would get a little crowded if you mastered all the plants?

luckygirl101
08-01-11, 12:38 PM
actually, I think that only getting 1 gem for a 15gem item is pretty ridicoulus

sissy8
08-01-11, 01:06 PM
Do not make me send my dragon (flameboy) over to defend the gnomes honor!!!
Kook I hate dragons but in this case, do what you have to do:o

OnaraSan
08-01-11, 05:27 PM
what happened to the gnomes? I just mastered a crop and got a gem?

cwmole
08-02-11, 12:58 AM
The only fair solution here would be to make gnomes cost 1gem to buy then you would have that option if you're a gnome collector. Can't see that happening. Since we get 1 gem at earlier level also, why not give us a gnome AND a gem for 4th level it's pretty hard to get that mastery

swiep07
08-02-11, 01:06 AM
Just got a pop up, hooray 4th level of mastery crop gives you 1 gem!

No more gnomes probably :(
I hope kooky can help us out....

I wouldn't mind a gem for level 5!

hectorloch
08-02-11, 01:37 AM
Just got a pop up, hooray 4th level of mastery crop gives you 1 gem!

No more gnomes probably :(
I hope kooky can help us out....

I wouldn't mind a gem for level 5!

Not good. Not good at all :(

gobblies
08-02-11, 01:57 AM
I. Want. My. Gnomies!!!!!!!!! Wahhhhh!!! :(

gobblies
08-02-11, 01:58 AM
Gems are ok, but i need my collection expanded!!

P.S- 300th post!

swiep07
08-02-11, 02:42 AM
Not good. Not good at all :(

No :( *sniff*

swiep07
08-02-11, 04:04 AM
Maybe it's an idea getting a gnome, which can be sold for a gem!
Everybody happy! :D

jamalo
08-02-11, 04:08 AM
The only fair solution here would be to make gnomes cost 1gem to buy then you would have that option if you're a gnome collector. Can't see that happening. Since we get 1 gem at earlier level also, why not give us a gnome AND a gem for 4th level it's pretty hard to get that mastery

Totally agreed! That way you can also choose between male and female gnomes.

swiep07
08-02-11, 04:33 AM
Aarrgh! One of my best and sweetest neighbors quits the game because there are no more gnomes!

MiniLaura
08-02-11, 04:59 AM
Okay, I guess we now know that this is official. I'm extremely disappointed. I do believe that Team Lava should have the courtesy to explain why they made this decision. They do not explain why they do most things, but for once I'd like to have an explanation.

Most of their decisions are based on making more money. I do not see how taking away our gnomes will earn them money. I doubt anyone will buy a gnome each time they master a crop.

I know GroupMagma does not often comment on threads, but I certainly hope some response directly from TeamLava and GroupMagma will appear soon.

CodfishJohnny
08-02-11, 05:22 AM
I am a level 78 player, a consistent neighbor, good communicator and even an occasional gem purchaser (beach house obsessed). I am also a proselytizer for Farm Story. I am therefore an actual revenue source for the company -- albeit one of many many many small revenue sources.

I am deeply saddened by the removal of gnomes as a reward for mastering crops. People play Farm Story for many different reasons. Some like to decorate, others simply like to make pretty patterns with flowers, some have multiple goals. I am one of those who play Farm Story for the achievement value.

Removing the gnome from Level 4 crop mastery destroys the value of the game for me. Gems are a consumable -- something intended to be spent. Gnomes were a trophy -- a tangible evidence of accomplishment. In fact gnomes were a near perfect compromise within the structure of the game. They cost a lot to purchase -- making them a "valuable" item in game context, they were not so desirable as a decorative item on their own that everyone had them scattered everywhere, and they did not take up a lot of room -- allowing for display by those of us who enjoy that.

I could have handled, with grumbling of course, the substitution of some other trophy -- a move back to the male gnome, a puppy or bunny or even a Smurf for all I care. What I cannot deal with is a change which destroys my, admittedly artificial, motivation to continue playing.

Please return the gnomes as a reward or a suitable subsitute. Until then, I will not be playing.

CodfishJohnny

swiep07
08-02-11, 05:27 AM
I am a level 78 player, a consistent neighbor, good communicator and even an occasional gem purchaser (beach house obsessed). I am also a proselytizer for Farm Story. I am therefore an actual revenue source for the company -- albeit one of many many many small revenue sources.

I am deeply saddened by the removal of gnomes as a reward for mastering crops. People play Farm Story for many different reasons. Some like to decorate, others simply like to make pretty patterns with flowers, some have multiple goals. I am one of those who play Farm Story for the achievement value.

Removing the gnome from Level 4 crop mastery destroys the value of the game for me. Gems are a consumable -- something intended to be spent. Gnomes were a trophy -- a tangible evidence of accomplishment. In fact gnomes were a near perfect compromise within the structure of the game. They cost a lot to purchase -- making them a "valuable" item in game context, they were not so desirable as a decorative item on their own that everyone had them scattered everywhere, and they did not take up a lot of room -- allowing for display by those of us who enjoy that.

I could have handled, with grumbling of course, the substitution of some other trophy -- a move back to the male gnome, a puppy or bunny or even a Smurf for all I care. What I cannot deal with is a change which destroys my, admittedly artificial, motivation to continue playing.

Please return the gnomes as a reward or a suitable subsitute. Until then, I will not be playing.

CodfishJohnny

Couldn't agree more!

sissy8
08-02-11, 05:32 AM
me to:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jtm101
08-02-11, 05:49 AM
Me too, i am seriously considering quitting too. I am a lvl 85 player that has played every day for the last 7-8 months. I guess i wont be spending my money on TL games anymore. I've spent hundreds on this and City Story this year, has been fun until now.

scargo
08-02-11, 07:59 AM

CodfishJohnny

Thanks for your eloquent response...I took the liberty of posting this also on the FS Facebook page under Discussions/Gems for gnomes. :)

ejack
08-02-11, 08:10 AM
Team lava you have cause some of my best nbrs to leave the game all because of the gnomes. YES, us farmers in the higher levels only have the gnomes to look forward to. Now you have taking own goal to the game. You need to do something fast. PUT THEM BACK, PLEASE!

GrannySandy
08-02-11, 09:22 AM
I am a level 96 farmer and play for the pure joy of decorating & hopefully bringing smiles to everyone that visits my farm! The added bonuses I received were the friends that I have made from all over the world!*

My farm is 98% focused around my gnomes & their interactions with my life & occasionally with a couple of my special nbrs & their little G's! We've even visited each others cities & zoos! Each acquisition of a new member to the family was celebrated! So sad that TL has robbed us now of that great feeling!*

I understand people needing/wanting gems & ways to earn them vs buying! I am an extravagant gem purchaser...you need only to look at my farm & that fact is blatantly visible! My ‘Homes for Gnomes' doesn't have near enough room for even half of my inventory!*

Please Team Lava...give us the choice...gem or gnome...guy or gal!

This mornings pop up from TL about a gem for mastery felt like a slap in the face in response to all our pleas!*

My farm will be displaying partial inventory & no crops! I am still watering & gifting all of my nbrs because they are the GREATEST!

Sandy

yanochka
08-02-11, 09:35 AM
Very sad to hear it's official. Please reconsider your decision. My sister quit playing today and also several of my neighbors. I am very SAD. I have been playing Farm Story for a year now. I've been very patient, surviving various glitches...patiently waiting for weekly updates (which finally started appearing) and I was starting to get more excited about the game...after being on level 96 for so long without any improvements. And now this...without advanced notice...and no explanation. Team Lava wants our feedback to be posted on the forum - well here it is - we want our gnomes back!!!!! What are you going to do about it?????

pinkster73
08-02-11, 09:35 AM
I agree. Bring back the gnomes!! Listen to your customers!!!

pinkster73
08-02-11, 09:37 AM
I forgot to mention that I am being careful in my planting choices so that I DON'T master any crops until the gnomes are back. Eventually I will be unable to do any more.

swiep07
08-02-11, 10:00 AM
I really don't get it why GroupMagma doesn't respond....

xokay
08-02-11, 10:09 AM
I don't understand what the point of "quitting" the game is if you're unhappy with the change. You won't be getting anything at all if you do that, are you? Might as well continue enjoying the games.

NewfyFarm
08-02-11, 10:27 AM
I am a level 96er, with 85 neighbors but also 45 regular waterers who I didn't add so my farm wouldn't always be full. Also about 20 extra visitors each day, all who got watered back. people like being my neighbor because I give out a self researched factoid a day, and have been doing it since last October. I certainly made the game more interesting for everyone, and I am the type Lava should want to keep because I keep their game engine running. I have put my farm on strike, and won't come back unless they give a trophy for mastery, which after the announcement, I doubt will happen. the announcement only proves they are reading the boards and refuse to repond.
What do I get ( other poster) I am not going to do all this work without something to show for it. I will either move onto another like game, or just play the ones I like to play. I would have stuck around for as long as they offered new crops.
Hasta la vista baby!

CodfishJohnny
08-02-11, 10:40 AM
Ah, perhaps you didn't understand the point. I'm happy to explain.
The entire point of the game from my perspective is to amass gnomes. They are the only outward visible marker of proficiency and progress within the game. Without some form of trophy, a gnome or a smurf or a widget, the game loses its compelling aspect for me. I am well aware that people play for different reasons, and I don't begrudge anyone their own reasons. However, for me and for many others that trophy is the motivation and without it the game isn't really worth playing.

CodfishJohnny
08-02-11, 10:53 AM
Use Twitter. Tweet: @FarmStory Bring back the gnomes! #farmstory. Or retweet mine. @CodfishJohnny

clint00781
08-02-11, 12:27 PM
There is no question gnome over one gem anytime I had just bought my gnomes a house to move out on there own for those of you who didn't like the gnomes your not getting the point of the mastery I get one gem when I complete level 2 for a crop and or recipe the spice was the extra that I got for mastery I would have every single gnome out if they give them back there our trophies for mastery a crop one gem doesnt buy anything!!! And the reality of it is I would never buy a garden gnome for gems so think about that TL I may buy and spend gems but the gnomes for mastery level well that was special!!!

biglemms
08-02-11, 02:46 PM
The gnomes are hard earned trophies ...to replace them with one gem is an insult. In fact, I would like to see the male gnomes returned. All of my female gnomes now stand in protest....and there's nothing worse than a bunch of mad women.

swiep07
08-02-11, 02:50 PM
The gnomes are hard earned trophies ...to replace them with one gem is an insult. In fact, I would like to see the male gnomes returned. All of my female gnomes now stand in protest....and there's nothing worse than a bunch of mad women.

Lol! I agree with that! :p

swiep07
08-02-11, 05:46 PM
Geez, there must be some reason why there are now 633 users online....!! :rolleyes:

swiep07
08-02-11, 05:52 PM
787!!! :eek:

crystalrayn3
08-03-11, 08:26 AM
the gnomes are hard earned trophies ...to replace them with one gem is an insult. In fact, i would like to see the male gnomes returned. All of my female gnomes now stand in protest....and there's nothing worse than a bunch of mad women.

darn right!!!!

OnlyPauline
08-03-11, 04:02 PM
Bring back the gnomes!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the gnomes!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!

Bring back the gnomes!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the gnomes!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!! Bring back the gnomes!!!!!!

OnlyPauline
08-03-11, 04:05 PM
I can't believe you took our gnomes away!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is my Gnome Island without gnomes??????????????????

I got rank 4 of lettuce yesterday and all I got was 1 F'n gem!

RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!! RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!! RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything you should be upgrading to themed gnomes e.g. Tomato Gnome, Lettuce Gnome and Pansy Gnome etc.

BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!! BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!!!!!!! BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!!!!! BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!!!!! BRING BACK THE GNOMES!!!!!!

OnlyPauline
08-03-11, 04:08 PM
I totally agree......... Bring back the male gnomes!

And all the gnomes on gnome island are protesting too!

Dylanie
08-03-11, 05:22 PM
If anything you should be upgrading to themed gnomes e.g. Tomato Gnome, Lettuce Gnome and Pansy Gnome etc.

That's actually a cute idea.

myweedpatch
08-03-11, 11:00 PM
Ok. I admit. I'm not fond of gnomes. But I know there are people who like them. Why change this now, when there are other items that need fixed...like not being able to delete or edit out unresponded to invites...!

1 gem is not a reward or a prize or a trophy. It's kinda an insult if you compare that you have to buy gnomes for 15! Gems...!

Many of my neighbors have been collecting the female ones for a while, just waiting til the day they get some males back. Now they will have to pay 15 gems each? Imagine if you had 20 female gnomes and wanted to match em with some males....an expensive endeavor!

Can I make a suggestion...bring back the gnomes, male and female, make it 3 gems, and add a few other unique choices....always give us end users choices and you will have far fewer complaints and we customers will feel more content.

myweedpatch
08-04-11, 01:02 AM
LOVE the themed gnome idea! Yes! Brilliant! Make that a choice. Or an automatic when you master that particular crop 4 times! Love it! It would add so much color and character to the game.

OnaraSan
08-06-11, 02:03 PM
So I guess we lose a 15 gem gnome for 1 gem. Nice trade, you guys should work for Wall Street.

pinkster73
08-06-11, 06:28 PM
So I guess we lose a 15 gem gnome for 1 gem. Nice trade, you guys should work for Wall Street.

Funny and true.

pattisue1
08-06-11, 06:35 PM
With the loss of the gnome trophies, the game has lost it's challenge for me. I used to race through the plowing, planting, and harvesting as quickly as possible in order to get through the mastery level. Now, I just don't care if the crops are planted or harvested quickly. I'm constructing pyramids just to see if I can. The challenge is just gone. So sad. :(

pattisue1
08-06-11, 06:38 PM
Any word from Team Lava about reinstating the gnome trophies?

swiep07
08-06-11, 06:50 PM
I'm on the 2 day crops too... I don't care that much anymore...

kooky panda
08-06-11, 06:50 PM
Any word from Team Lava about reinstating the gnome trophies?

nothing yet..sorry

pattisue1
08-06-11, 07:02 PM
Doesn't TL have a public affairs office or employee? Some kind of response from them would be, at the least, polite. Even if it is just a canned response at least we would know what is going on in response to the unhappy or happy players.

pattisue1
08-06-11, 07:09 PM
Think I'll stop venting and go look at everyone's farm on this thread. :S
I now have four pyramid constructs, sigh..... :S
So very sad :'(

kooky panda
08-06-11, 07:18 PM
Think I'll stop venting and go look at everyone's farm on this thread. :S
I now have four pyramid constructs, sigh..... :S
So very sad :'(

no problem with a little venting. We are all frustrated with the change. I will let you know if I hear anything solid. At least they have not come back and said "NO WAY"
Leaves a little gnome hope

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 05:26 AM
Hee hee. TL is in a no-win situation here. In one corner, people demanding more gems. In the other corner, people wanting their gnomes back.
There is a win to this situation ... TL give rank prizes as follows:*
Rank 1: coins & XP
Rank 2: 1 gem & XP*
Rank 3: 3 gems & XP
Rank 4: A choice of 15 Gems & XP...OR... Gnome/Gnomette & XP*

From the SisterHood of Gnomettes on GnomeIsland

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 05:33 AM
Oh no, please keep rewarding us with Gnomes for level 4 mastery !!!*

I feel it is one of the 2 main goals of the game. Accumulate gnomes and save up to buy Mansion/Vineyard.

I have won 32 so far, which i proudly display. I have no use for gems, as they do not help me get to either of my 2 goals. Besides gnomes cost 15 gems, so if gnomes were no longer i'd expect the 15 gems.

Please dont take away our precious gnomes

I totally agreeVERY valid points TL

* Please listen to the avid players who love this game

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 05:49 AM
I am praying we get our gnomes again. I've started planting to avoid rank 4 mastery in the meantime.

Me too,I'm avoiding Rank  in the hope that TL will wise up and give us our trophies back.*

I'm planting the ugly crops in protest and the Gnomettes are protesting too. *On GnomeIsland there are two FLAME BOYS preparing to join forces with other Gnome farm's against the evils of TeamLava

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 06:08 AM
hey Lava,
level 96 here with about 52 gnomes. *I only slave away at mastering crops so I can get the gnomes. They are a fun kind of status. *I have a lot of neighbors and have been at this for a while. but I am very goal oriented, as are most people who play Farm Story, and I need something to work towards to keep me motivated. A *gnome means you mastered a crop, it is like a badge. *When you had a glitch on pineapples, I even bought a gnome because I didn't get one for that crop. *I am not happy about this at all and this could be the beginning of the end for me and this game. other 96ers feel the same. *BTW It is good for your game that you have us at the high level to keep the lower levels motivated. I have the mansion and the vineyard and another 10 million to spend. don't take away my little bit of fun here.
I totally agree with*NewfyFarm *I'm now level  and have come this far in the game because of the gnome trophies. They are an important and integral part of this game for me. I'm putting off rank 4 on masteries in the hope that the Gnomes will be reinstated. *

GnomeIsland

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 06:23 AM
I am a level 78 player, a consistent neighbor, good communicator and even an occasional gem purchaser (beach house obsessed). *I am also a proselytizer for Farm Story. *I am therefore an actual revenue source for the company -- albeit one of many many many small revenue sources.*

I am deeply saddened by the removal of gnomes as a reward for mastering crops. *People play Farm Story for many different reasons. *Some like to decorate, others simply like to make pretty patterns with flowers, some have multiple goals. *I am one of those who play Farm Story for the achievement value.

Removing the gnome from Level 4 crop mastery destroys the value of the game for me. *Gems are a consumable -- something intended to be spent. *Gnomes were a trophy -- a tangible evidence of accomplishment. *In fact gnomes were a near perfect compromise within the structure of the game. *They cost a lot to purchase -- making them a "valuable" item in game context, they were not so desirable as a decorative item on their own that everyone had them scattered everywhere, and they did not take up a lot of room -- allowing for display by those of us who enjoy that.*

I could have handled, with grumbling of course, the substitution of some other trophy -- a move back to the male gnome, a puppy or bunny or even a Smurf for all I care. *What I cannot deal with is a change which destroys my, admittedly artificial, motivation to continue playing.

Please return the gnomes as a reward or a suitable subsitute. *Until then, I will not be playing.*

CodfishJohnny
So apt, so elegant, so poignant*

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 06:28 AM
Ok. I admit. I'm not fond of gnomes. But I know there are people who like them. Why change this now, when there are other items that need fixed...like not being able to delete or edit out unresponded to invites...!*

1 gem is not a reward or a prize or a trophy. It's kinda an insult if you compare that you have to buy gnomes for 15!*
*Gems...!

Many of my neighbors have been collecting the female ones for a while, just waiting til the day they get some males back. Now they will have to pay 15 gems each? Imagine if you had 20 female gnomes and wanted to match em with some males....an expensive endeavor!

Can I make a suggestion...bring back the gnomes, male and female, make it 3 gems, and add a few other unique choices....always give us end users choices and you will have far fewer complaints and we customers will feel more content.
Well saidI totally agree!

OnlyPauline
08-09-11, 06:33 AM
LOVE the themed gnome idea! Yes! Brilliant! Make that a choice. Or an automatic when you master that particular crop 4 times! Love it! It would add so much color and character to the game.
Thanks!  Yes, that's what I think too  It would be fun to get the surprise when u achieve Rank  Imagine the flower crop gnome trophies ... They'd be gorgeous

CodfishJohnny
08-09-11, 10:00 AM
If you are serious about getting our gnomes back, email Storm8 and go over TeamLava's heads. Leave an email at http://www.storm8.com/contact/

Here is what I wrote earlier today:
Dear Storm8 Team,

I thought I would let you know, if you haven't heard already, that there is a mini rebellion taking place among us little cash cows on FarmStory. The developers at TeamLava have taken away the gnomes previously given for crop mastery, provoking a forestorm of controversy.

While I appreciate that you may not exercise creative control over TeamLava at the Storm8 level, you should check out the forums and see how this misstep may end up costing you on the bottom line.

Please make them give back our gnomes!

Best Regards,

A Mostly Sane But Very Disappointed Farmer

scotslassuk
08-09-11, 12:12 PM
I have no incentive now to master the growing off crops!
At least I knew I was getting something that would normally
cost 15gems but if I master all 4level I will be rewarded
1gem!! You tell ME where the logic is in that!! Buy the time
I have planted and lovingly spent hours getting NBRS to water
My crops just so I can see that one last line off that crop
gets me my GNOME -EH NAW NOW I HAVE TO GET 1GEM!!:mad:
PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PPL PLAYING THE GAME WE WANT OUR
GNOMES BACK NOT A MISERLY 1GEM!! I REFUSE TO
CONTINUE PLANTING MY CROPS UP TO LEVEL 4 IF I WAS THAT
DESPERATE FOR GEMS I WILL BUY THEM, JUST LIKE THE MAJORITY
OFF USERS DO, ONLY NOW THAT EVERYONE IS WANTING
THE GNOME RE-INSTATED I FEAR LAVA ARE GOING TO
LOSE EITHER A LOT OFF COMPETITIVE PEOPLE THAT SET
THEIR GOAL TO GET ALL THE GNOMES (ME INCLUDED)
OR A LOT OFF REVENUE WHEN PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT'S THE
POINT AND REFUSE TO BUY THE GEMS!! I HAVE KEPT MY
NBRS ENTHRALLED WITH STORIES THAT I HAVE WRITTEN
ABOUT MY GNOMES AND YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO ASK
ABOUT THE STORIES, SUCH IS THE SUCCESS OFF THEM
I AM CONSIDERING GETTING THEM PRINTED UP AND MADE
INTO A BOOK EITHER TO BE PUBLISHED OR SENT TO ALL
THE WONDERFUL NBRS THAT HAVE ASKED ME TO PUT THEM
ALL INTO A BOOK FOR THEM! THIS COULD BE A BIG BOOST
TO LAVA GAMES IF I GET IT PUBLISHED UNTIL THEN MY STORIES
WILL CONTINUE BUT I WILL NO LONGER BE PAYING
MONEY TO LAVA FOR GEMS!! TIME YOU LISTENED TO THE
PPL THAT ACTUALLY ENJOY THE GAME AND WHO HAVE OR
STILL ARE PAYING FOR GEMS!! ALL WE ASK IS YOU BRING US
BACK OUR BELOVED GNOMES, THEY ARE A STATUS SYMBOL
ON JUST HOW HARD YOU HAVE WORKED TO GET THEM!!
HOW WILL NBRS KNOW NOW THAT YOU COMPLETED
ANOTHER CROP?? WE WILL NEED TO ANNOUNCE WOOHOOO
WORKED ALL THESE HOURS PLANTING FINALLY GOT
TO 4TH LEVEL YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS WON A GEM!!! NOT!!
TIME TO LISTEN OR LOSE LAVA!!

kooky panda
08-09-11, 06:43 PM
You did it. Gnomes are back!!!

Post on Facebook just came in

Farm Story
To all those who wrote in, Facebooked, Tweeted, etc... Gnomes are now officially back as the 4th level Mastery gift in Farm Story. :)

Rachael98
08-09-11, 06:44 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16114-If-you-grow-them-they-will-come...

bawpotter
08-09-11, 06:57 PM
Yay! Gnomes are back! Joy to the world!

OnlyPauline
08-10-11, 07:07 AM
ITS A BOY! Please welcome GnomeIsland's very first BOY GNOME Trophy ... Mr Peanut 

OnlyPauline
08-10-11, 07:08 AM
Thanks TeamLava 