PDA

View Full Version : lame neighbors

Unregistered
09-24-10, 02:48 PM
So I'm curious how everyone handles lame neighbors...they don't clean back yet give out gifts once in awhile.

x8xOneWingedAngelx8x
09-24-10, 03:03 PM
Yes, that's pretty much a problem, it's a community game, and most people doesn't help it ??

Unregistered
09-24-10, 03:25 PM
I always clean back every 1 -- who left a note on my wall.

Every 3/4 hours; if time permitted - I clean back every 1 within my news feed.

I can't wash all my neighbors everyday, but I tried to go thru my whole list; at least twice a week.

I will give my neighbors the benefit of doubts, since I knew some were actually cleaned my city, but don't leave a note (may be too busy just doing the clean)... Or they are in a different time zone, so
I may not even knew that they did do it.

My advice -- delete them if they were below 1 star, and you are sure that they don't clean at all.

Pancakes
09-24-10, 04:07 PM
I do about the same thing as the person above me. I clean everyone back who leaves a message, and when I have time I also go through my 'recent activity' list. I gift daily, so even when there's a day I really don't have the time to clean everyone back, they atleast get something (unless they reached the limit, but I try to gift asap). =]

Every once in a while I go through my neighbor list and delete everyone with 2 starts or below (unless I know they do clean, ofcourse).

I stopped adding people a while ago, though. If I don't, there's just too many for me to keep up with...

Unregistered
09-24-10, 05:48 PM
thanks for your responses

I tend to clean my neighbors first or the folks in my news feed. I save the people who comment for last since they stay up there for a week.

I guess I should've mentioned in my op that most of the people I talk about are 4 or 3 star folks which I don't understand. I clean my neighbors EVERYDAY! I also get gifts from some and look and see that they didn't clean.

I dunno, some people just flat out suck! hahaha

Supervolcano
09-24-10, 06:39 PM
thanks for your responses

I tend to clean my neighbors first or the folks in my news feed. I save the people who comment for last since they stay up there for a week.

I guess I should've mentioned in my op that most of the people I talk about are 4 or 3 star folks which I don't understand. I clean my neighbors EVERYDAY! I also get gifts from some and look and see that they didn't clean.

I dunno, some people just flat out suck! hahaha
Well, if I happen to be one of those ... here's the reason.

I have over 2700 neighbors, so it would be impossible to clean everyone.
In fact, only 2500 of them show up in my list since apparently that is TeamLava's maximum.

I cannot even keep up with the history showing last 10 people who cleaned because it moves way too fast most of the time.

I do my best to clean back each and every player who posts on my wall.
If you don't post each visit, then that's why you don't see me cleaning you.

Call me "lame" if you wish, but those who post on my wall each day know just how loyal I am.

Unregistered
09-24-10, 07:08 PM
Well, if I happen to be one of those ... here's the reason.

I have over 2700 neighbors, so it would be impossible to clean everyone.
In fact, only 2500 of them show up in my list since apparently that is TeamLava's maximum.

I cannot even keep up with the history showing last 10 people who cleaned because it moves way too fast most of the time.

I do my best to clean back each and every player who posts on my wall.
If you don't post each visit, then that's why you don't see me cleaning you.

Call me "lame" if you wish, but those who post on my wall each day know just how loyal I am.

you sound like you're taking it personal man. lighten up!

Supervolcano
09-24-10, 07:38 PM
you sound like you're taking it personal man.
Nope, I'm just explaining how it is for many people, like myself.

Remember, it was the original poster who said he cleans ALL of his neighbors EVERYDAY in his most recent post, and the caps he used kinda suggested that he expects everyone else to be able to clean all of their neighbors each day.

It's probably hard for a guy with 20-100 neighbors to understand why people aren't cleaning him back because he can probably keep up with the flow of visitors ... unless of course someone enlightens him on what it's like when you're on the other side of the fence.

My biggest suggestion to people who aren't getting cleaned back ... is to make sure you post on their wall when you clean so there's no mistaking whether you visited or not.

If they still won't clean you back after several visits (don't forget that everyone has days where they can't play, so don't give up after just one or three times), and you are posting on their wall when you visit, then it's probably time to find better neighbors.

Supervolcano
09-24-10, 08:18 PM
you sound like you're taking it personal man. lighten up!
I forgot to say another reason why I asked if I was one of them (which might be why you you think I took it too personally) is because I know for a fact that I get at least 200 people cleaning me each day who do not post on my wall .... and unfortunately I don't get to clean them back.

So I'm sure the original poster is not the only person who is wondering why people aren't cleaning them back, even when they have 4 star ratings like me.

So again folks, if you want to get cleaned back, and aren't currently getting that ... post on their wall when you clean.

Unregistered
10-05-10, 04:36 PM
I forgot to say another reason why I asked if I was one of them (which might be why you you think I took it too personally) is because I know for a fact that I get at least 200 people cleaning me each day who do not post on my wall .... and unfortunately I don't get to clean them back.

So I'm sure the original poster is not the only person who is wondering why people aren't cleaning them back, even when they have 4 star ratings like me.

So again folks, if you want to get cleaned back, and aren't currently getting that ... post on their wall when you clean.

I clean those people, then I go through my wall. Anyone that I know I cleaned back I delete the comment from the wall, much easier that way.
Anyone who I wasn't able to clean back for whatever reason I leave the comment there and will keep checking them.
I can vouch for SuperVolcano, is a very good neighbor :)

Unregistered
10-15-10, 10:48 AM
every day. I have only been playing this game for 4 days. I have a 4 star rating. I gift my neighbors everyday. I clean back everyone who cleans my city. If someone forgets to leave a note, you can check on the news feed...there will be a record there even if they didn't leave a note. I haven't deleted anyone yet, but there is one I am considering. I try to clean other 4 star players and players who have recently cleaned for others. I try to be a good neighbor and community player....to get some, you have to give some. So I am pro-active in that regard. Most of the ppl I have encountered are good about cb...so far.