PDA

View Full Version : Easy appliances shortchange xp!

allidock
07-28-11, 12:45 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed before, I looked through the forums but couldn't find anything.

Basically what I've realized is that because there are no "tap to prepare" steps with the easy appliances you lose the xp gained with those three extra taps. Today my red velvet cakes were done and on my normal stoves I gain 6 xp with the extra preparation step and then 140 when I tap to serve them. Then when I made new red velvet cakes I gain 12 xp total with the two initial "tap to prepare" steps. All of this adds up to 158 xp total per cake, which is what is listed for red velvets. But on the easy stoves I only get the "serving" xp, 140.

Basically I'm sacrificing 18 xp to save three steps. This isn't right and needs to be addressed. I love building the new appliances, but losing all of those points isn't worth it to me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue!

kooky panda
07-28-11, 01:19 PM
Hey
thanks for the info.... I did not realize this was the case. Good to know.

allidock
07-28-11, 08:07 PM
Thanks for responding. The more I think about it, unless they fix this, I don't see the point in buying the easy appliances. Think about it, they cost four times the regular white appliances AND you don't even earn xp for the purchase. And you can't even use them right away. All of that for less xp? I don't think so. *shrug*

sugarland2010
07-29-11, 01:04 AM
I ran my own experiment a couple weeks ago on the differences of the easy ovens, I received the same xp per recipe just at different times when you serve the recipe I recieved the additional xp when serving. I did notice I lost the points towards the mastery bar (the little chef hats that appear during each step) when skipping the steps. It frustrated me in the beginning but skipping the additional steps does help me with my time management. So I asked myself by skipping those additional steps do I deserve the credit of reaching mastery at the same speed? There is a point to spending a lot more time and receiving parts from neighbors or buying them.

bawpotter
07-29-11, 04:24 AM
I always get the 18 XP at the beginning...

gobblies
07-29-11, 04:46 AM
I have reviewed this... All xp is recieved as normal... :/

Rachael98
07-29-11, 04:48 AM
I have reviewed this... All xp is recieved as normal... :/

I think that's right. Is it perhaps, dare I ask, different for different devices?

gobblies
07-29-11, 04:50 AM
No, all are the same.. :p

gobblies
07-29-11, 04:51 AM
Oh, excluding android for known reasons... (this is no place for a heated argument android users!!!)

Rachael98
07-29-11, 04:52 AM
Thanks. I should have been clearer. I too, meant iDevice. Sorry.

gobblies
07-29-11, 04:53 AM
I have all devices- just tested.

Rachael98
07-29-11, 04:57 AM
I have all devices- just tested.

Apple must love you;). Thank you.
Why do we think that we lose xp then?

Dylanie
07-29-11, 05:53 AM
Is XP the same, but mastery (chefs hats) is slower?

Rachael98
07-29-11, 06:12 AM
Is XP the same, but mastery (chefs hats) is slower?

That's what I gathered from this thread.

allidock
07-29-11, 11:23 AM
Thanks so much for the responses. I WAS wrong, the 18 come at the initial preparation. Now I'll happily return to building ovens!