PDA

View Full Version : Can't BUY GEMS...

cheriphim
07-27-11, 06:46 PM
Now that there is a sale on for the Gems I decided to try yet again to buy some, and still cannot.

I select the quantity of Gems I want (I have tried every single selection), click Buy!, and instead of going to a shopping cart, it goes to the TeamLava Home Page.

I have scoured the whole Home Page (hard to do, by the way, on a tiny phone screen :( ) and there is no place there to buy gems, either.

I tried accessing Bakery Story through my laptop in the hopes that with a larger screen, or different coding, it may be accessible that way--but I guess you can only play Bakery Story on the phone, NOT in a browser???

So, I appear to just be out of luck, until that link gets changed from your Home Page to an actual Shopping Cart.

This happening to anyone else???

Oh well.

I should really be spending my money on real life things anyway, I guess. No more impulse buys! Yay!

PS ~ I use a Samsung Galaxy S, with Verizon, level 9 Bakery if this applies.

kooky panda
07-27-11, 06:57 PM
Someone posted earlier with the same problem . He was on droid device. He came back and said later that he found something was wrong with the credit card he tried to use???

Also you may want to delete the game and re download it. Game is saved on team lavas server..you will not lose your game.

kooky panda
07-27-11, 06:59 PM
I believe on android marketplace you can only purchase gems from either google checkout system or pay pal.

cheriphim
07-27-11, 07:06 PM
Yeah, that would still require me being able to buy them in some way...can't enter a bad CC number if there is NO place to enter it, right?

And how am I supposed to buy via the android market?...

There is no link to buy there, EITHER.

There is no way to buy...

kooky panda
07-27-11, 07:11 PM
I play on idevice. I will try to go find a droid member and send them over here to try and help.

cheriphim
07-27-11, 07:19 PM
you rock ^^ ty

tsuyoin
07-27-11, 07:27 PM
I believe on android marketplace you can only purchase gems from either google checkout system or pay pal.

can you really pay with ******? how? i only see the cc. selections on my phone... however, my friend can pay with her tmobile account. i wonder if different phone have diff paying method?

greygull
07-27-11, 07:46 PM
Also you may want to delete the game and re download it. Game is saved on team lavas server..you will not lose your game.

Try this. If it doesn't work, you will need to email support@teamlava.com

That is all per GM on another post. I haven't bought anything with my Droid, so I'm not sure which checkouts they are now using.

kooky panda
07-27-11, 07:51 PM
can you really pay with ******? how? i only see the cc. selections on my phone... however, my friend can pay with her tmobile account. i wonder if different phone have diff paying method?

You may want to hit cc option and see if pay pal is option under there.

I *****ed and asked my nephew. Has a droid with Verizon . he told me he can use google or ******.

I bet different carriers do have different methods.

I use pay pal a lot. When I am shopping online I go to cc and with visa MasterCard there is sometimes option for ******.

cheriphim
07-27-11, 08:42 PM
I prefer ****** and would use it if it was an option...my android market is set-up, but I still cannot figure out how to by Gems in there... It just lets me look/install apps...

I uninstalled it and am waiting for it to re-download, but it is taking forever... 'fingers crossed'

I have a Galaxy S smartphone with Verizon.

As I said, when I hit "Buy!" it ONLY goes to the TeamLava Home Page. There is NO shopping cart/checkout/enter CC/log-in to ******/nothing. Just their Home Page.

I sent a Support ticket a long while ago, just got the basic "we're really busy" auto-response. C'est la vie.

greygull
07-27-11, 09:00 PM
What's a long while ago? Several hours, days, weeks? if it's been hours, give them a day or two. If it's been days or weeks, reply to the message they sent you.

cheriphim
07-27-11, 09:24 PM
It was hours ago--I am being patient, its just the sale will end before I am able to purchase anything, that's all.

I came on here hoping someone had a solution I hadn't been able to figure out, some link on the TeamLava Home Page I hadn't found, or some other website I needed to go to to enter my Storm8 ID to be able to purchase there and link to my account...something like that.

Just a bummer to have an App offered to you, that doesn't work completely. Never sure if it is a glitch or just a non-implemented feature...

You would think that getting PAID would be priority number 1 to ANY company--but I guess not ^^;

It would be refreshing, if it weren't frustrating.

greygull
07-27-11, 09:56 PM
Given the situation, they MIGHT let you get them at the sale price. I'm not sure, but once they get back to you, it never hurts to ask.

cheriphim
07-27-11, 10:07 PM
Well, well, well.

They updated the app; and now it shows a timer of how much longer the Sale is going for.

So, naturally, my hopes were raised.

Went to Buy, and now it says:

"Your device does not support in-app purchases."

Bye-bye TeamLava, you lost a customer before you ever even had one, apparently.

Uninstalling and good riddance to bad data baggage.

What a waste of time.

I am also going into the Android app market and WARNING all future down-loaders that it is only a partial app on Samsung Galaxy S phones, and you cannot use half the features. Save some other folks some hassle.

pinkster73
07-27-11, 10:24 PM
Did you make sure your in app purchasing is enabled in your settings?

cheriphim
07-27-11, 11:16 PM
Did you make sure your in app purchasing is enabled in your settings?

If you mean in the settings inside the app itself, that option is not available.

If you mean inside my phone settings, I have no idea where to look for that; I know I can make purchases from inside other apps on my phone, but I do not know of a "universal allow app purchases" feature on my phone...

cheriphim
07-27-11, 11:20 PM
...And to add insult to injury, every time I close the app, it removes ALL experience gained while it was open. I should have been level 10 ages ago, and every time I reopen the app, it has reset me back to the beginning of level 9.

So now there is no hope of any progress, ever. Purchased or hard-earned, I am stuck in Bakery Story Purgatory.

greygull
07-27-11, 11:33 PM
...And to add insult to injury, every time I close the app, it removes ALL experience gained while it was open. I should have been level 10 ages ago, and every time I reopen the app, it has reset me back to the beginning of level 9.

So now there is no hope of any progress, ever. Purchased or hard-earned, I am stuck in Bakery Story Purgatory.

There is a display issue (I know for sure with RS) that they are working on fixing. The exp meter keeps dropping back down, but if you look under the profile, the numbers keep changing. Not sure for Bakery, but just wanted to let you know.

cheriphim
07-28-11, 12:02 AM
Appreciate it, thank ;)

pinkster73
07-28-11, 12:03 AM
If you mean in the settings inside the app itself, that option is not available.

If you mean inside my phone settings, I have no idea where to look for that; I know I can make purchases from inside other apps on my phone, but I do not know of a "universal allow app purchases" feature on my phone...

There's not a universal one. Just inside individual apps. I just thought it could be the problem. Sorry I couldn't help

cheriphim
07-28-11, 08:57 AM
If they could link to their Home Page from within the app, all they had to do was put a Gem Shopping Cart on their Home Page that catalogs the user's Storm8 ID on their server and processes the transaction, using ******'s generated token or whatever. The server registers the transaction was completed, spawns the correct amount of Gems in the user's game account, while ****** spawns the correct amount of money in their bank account.

No need to change the app, in fact it could have been a universal way for anyone to pay. Then it wouldn't matter which phone/platform any of us have.

'sigh'

greygull
07-28-11, 09:08 AM
That's a great idea!

covertcove
07-29-11, 09:43 AM
I have a droid x and would also like to purchase gems for the sale. When I click on the green buy button for the gem sale (both on the ad when the game loads and the add gem page) nothing happens. It is as though the buy buttons are "dead links". Nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?

kooky panda
07-29-11, 10:00 AM
I have a droid x and would also like to purchase gems for the sale. When I click on the green buy button for the gem sale (both on the ad when the game loads and the add gem page) nothing happens. It is as though the buy buttons are "dead links". Nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem?

I am on iphone but this happened to me this morning. I restarted and then I could purchase. If this keeps happening. GM(supermoderator) suggested on another thread to delete the game and down load it again. You may have a glitch in the game.

covertcove
07-29-11, 11:48 PM
I am on iphone but this happened to me this morning. I restarted and then I could purchase. If this keeps happening. GM(supermoderator) suggested on another thread to delete the game and down load it again. You may have a glitch in the game.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and still does not work. It is doing the same in bakery story as well.

kooky panda
07-31-11, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and still does not work. It is doing the same in bakery story as well.

You will have to email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.
Be sure and give them the games you are having problems with and your storm ID.

expressW
08-01-11, 07:12 AM
i have exactly the same prob as you on my android. originally the buy gems button took me to the TL homepage and after their suggestion of deleting and reinstalling the game i got the "your device does not support in--app purchases" pop-up.
Dissappointing really... for TL as i am their target market.... 2x chick willing to spend hard earned money on gems just so that my shop/restaurant/bakery/city can be prettier than everyone elses....

TL!!! please create a link so that Android players can buy gems through the website!!!!

mimisha1120
08-01-11, 08:34 AM
I have the same problems. Trying to buy gems in bakery story. But it never allows me to do this because every single I filled my address. It says "invalide address". That's really put me off. My friend and I are using Samsung Galaxy S and II. I'm at level 35 and she is level 18.

ariesblu
08-02-11, 02:28 AM
I play on idevice. I will try to go find a droid member and send them over here to try and help.
For me (I have an HTC desire on ATT) I haven't really gotten super far in the purchasing department, so I cannot say if it will work, but whenever I attempted to purchase gems, it did go to a google account, and asked me if I either wanted to purchase gems via a credit card, or put the cost toward my ATT bill. That is the option on my phone, and if I could use ****** that would be awesome, and might actually have me buying gems.