PDA

View Full Version : box items not so exclusive?

expressW
07-27-11, 08:39 AM
I have an unfortunate addiction to the boxes/eggs/chests etc......

yesterday i bought a magic box from RS and got a 3rd place fireplace..... i excitedly went to my inventory to find it.... available for 13gems.... :(

i understand its a lucky draw and all and i am not demanding to get the gems back and stuff like that but is the fireplace the only item that is not exclusive from a box?

anyone else got an item that is not exclusive? just want to know so i can avoid that box in the future.... (as with my luck i will definitely get more non-exclusive items...)

xokay
07-27-11, 08:43 AM
Huh? I feel liek this must be a glitch. The box items are most definitely supposed to be exclusive. I've never seen a fireplace for gems before. The only time I saw a fireplace was when I, too, opened the box and got one and it showed up in the "Store" with a "1" next to it, meaning I own one. Try force closing your game and reopening?! Not sure!

kooky panda
07-27-11, 08:45 AM
I have an unfortunate addiction to the boxes/eggs/chests etc......

yesterday i bought a magic box from RS and got a 3rd place fireplace..... i excitedly went to my inventory to find it.... available for 13gems.... :(

i understand its a lucky draw and all and i am not demanding to get the gems back and stuff like that but is the fireplace the only item that is not exclusive from a box?

anyone else got an item that is not exclusive? just want to know so i can avoid that box in the future.... (as with my luck i will definitely get more non-exclusive items...)
If you put the fireplace in storage, then go to your store, you will see that it is not offered in the store anymore.
For some reason when you have a box item out, it will show you can buy another one for gems. I never tried to purchase another box item so I do not know
if you can actually buy a second one for the 13 gems.

designsbybriana
07-27-11, 09:58 AM
I agree with kooky. I've seen it do the same thing.

Bakery and Restaurant Story id: designsbybriana
Visit my Bakery and Restaurant Story tutorial at http://rbtutorial.blogspot.com

ultrafrog
07-27-11, 11:19 AM
err i would just consider that a lucky option for you to be able to purchase another box item from your store choices especially if it's half the cost of randomly getting it from the box. I would love to have a fireplace :p

Plus that's no reason to be sad - it's still an exclusive item that must be gotten from the box. It's not like everyone can purchase the fireplace from their store.

expressW
07-28-11, 08:52 AM
hey thanks guys... i dont scroll through the tabs much (cos i always accidentally press the wrong things with my fat fingers) so i wasnt aware you cant just buy the fireplace... seeing the 13 gem thing really threw me off as i didnt really notice it in my other stories before....

if all box items are exclusive then its back to analysing which box to buy for me......

kooky panda
07-28-11, 09:24 AM
Yes they are exclusive.

The only time I saw this was not the case, was in nightclub story, the big screen TV was orginally offered for gems. Then later when the first box came out on nightclub is was the #1 item. Then you could not longer buy for gems in the store....

JoJosBakersDelite
07-29-11, 11:12 AM
Some of the box items to become available for purchase once you have received them from a box. And you are able to purchase a 2nd if u so desire (I have been able to purchase.) :)

expressW
07-29-11, 04:59 PM
Some of the box items to become available for purchase once you have received them from a box. And you are able to purchase a 2nd if u so desire (I have been able to purchase.) :)

how?? i tried to buy a 2nd fireplace and failed.... i would love to get another dim sum cart to add to my new one!