PDA

View Full Version : Games in maintenance

GroupMagma
07-26-11, 06:43 PM
Sorry, posted on FB/Twit, forgot to post here.

The games are currently in maintenance. Should only be about 20 minutes. You shouldn't lose tips/gifts, though it's a possibility. Sorry for the lack of notice.

Lang643
07-26-11, 06:48 PM
Thanks for posting :)

jovenal
07-26-11, 07:09 PM
maintenance is finished and we're back online! and tips/water/gifts didn't disappear. yeah!!

jtm101
07-26-11, 07:37 PM
I lost all of my water on my iPAD farm, but not gifts. However on my other farm i didnt lose any water (my iPod Touch)

greygull
07-26-11, 07:58 PM
I lost tips on Android, and am able to regift on iPad. Such is the way things happen lol!

needhelp1078
07-26-11, 08:32 PM
Well I lost ally CS contracts and am not happy. How are you going to resolve this?

jenn7878
07-26-11, 11:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory#!/bakerystory"
From Facebook: "All TeamLava games will be briefly unavailable today at around 5:30 PM PDT. We will update as soon as we have more info. Thanks!"

Is it referring to the above mentioned maintenance? Don't understand what is 5:30 PM PDT. So what time is that in GMT? Is there 1 maintenance or there's 2?

MrsShrek
07-27-11, 03:52 AM
IPad user here. Also lost my water last night.

MrsShrek
07-27-11, 04:00 AM
GroupMagma, I do not Facebook or Twitter, and only have the forum to get this type of info. In the future, could you please put the time including the time zone to help us in other time zones be able to relate? My water disappeared around 10:00 p.m. EDT last night. your post is showing 1:43 a.m. Today. I am guessing this was PDT? Were there 2 issues?
Thanks for all that you do!

kooky panda
07-27-11, 04:04 AM
I am on iPhone and I did not lose any water , or gifts on any of the games

bawpotter
07-30-11, 01:47 PM
Please unsticky and lock this thread.

max12add
08-02-11, 10:03 AM
With the new update...my android phone G4 Galaxy (Samsung). Only the bakery story working as it should. I can now build and send and receive tools. Thanks for that update.

However!!!

Restaurant story cannot build. It cannot receive or send any tools. Easy stove or oven not available!

Also...today, I just lost all my XPs from level 66. Is Team Lava going to replace all that I've lost?????????

I need to know now as I'm not purchasing anything else from team lava till it's resolved.

nmishii
08-02-11, 12:57 PM
Constructable items were not part of the Restaurant Story release for Android, just the Bakery Story release.

I am on an Android. The XP problem is a display problem. When you start the game the display is for the beginning of the level. If you leave a message on a wall, you'll see that the XPs are displayed correctly until you start the game again. You can also look at the XPs remaining to the next level under Profile. If that is decrementing correctly when you accept tips or start/complete cooking, you're okay. Try these, and if your XPs are still always stuck on the beginning of Level 66, then you have a problem different from what the rest of the Android users are seeing, and you should continue to pursue an answer.

pandora1974
08-02-11, 05:32 PM
I amgetting a message that i cant get an internetconnection and i have one...is this gonna take a while..or is everything up and running?

GroupMagma
08-02-11, 05:38 PM
Games are in and out of maintenance right now... still trying to get it figured out.

nvangel
08-02-11, 05:40 PM
Its 5:39 PST and all of my games wont connect. Mines been down for several hours now it wont let me log in. :-(

wendyWARRIOR1
08-02-11, 05:42 PM
Do we know for how long the games will be down?

GroupMagma
08-02-11, 05:43 PM
Do we know for how long the games will be down?

The games are scheduled to be in and out of maintenance from now until midnight, but we can't determine how long each game will be down.

luckygirl101
08-02-11, 05:56 PM
Will are food spoil? And will we lose our tips and gifts?

luckygirl101
08-02-11, 05:57 PM
sorry our not are

schelleshocker74
08-02-11, 06:02 PM
Is farm story and city story currenly under maintenance? Its now 8pm on august 2nd and all my story apps say unable to connect. Please advise. Thx

swiep07
08-02-11, 06:06 PM
It's unknown, they are working on it

swiep07
08-02-11, 06:11 PM
Will are food spoil? And will we lose our tips and gifts?

You can count baking time twice. For example, when your 3 hour dish is ready now, you've got 3 more hours left to serve it.

wendyWARRIOR1
08-02-11, 06:11 PM
Okay, thanks :)

swiep07
08-02-11, 06:16 PM
You can keep on trying to get online, it may be fixed! Good luck!

stahnley
08-02-11, 06:17 PM
HMMMM, perhaps the gnomes are revolting, this maintenance seems to be taking MUCH longer than anticipated. For over an hour I couldn't even get on the forum, said server was down. Could this be an uprising????

swiep07
08-02-11, 06:19 PM
I guess so! :p look at all these users! It has never been that much! :eek:

jaid666
08-02-11, 06:22 PM
Looks like it'll be a long night at TL's home base, the forum is still bugging out and giving me occasional errors XD

pattisue1
08-02-11, 06:37 PM
Hey, perhaps they are giving us our gnomes back!

ScurryCurry
08-02-11, 06:41 PM
Soooo... I haven't been able to access Restaurant for over an hour now, is there any official statement of maintenance that Im overlooking?

Bogiefurret
08-02-11, 07:51 PM
I also am not able to any of my games to load. It states i am not connected to the internet or just closes. This has been going on for hours. I have a Samsung Galaxy.

CafeNatasha
08-02-11, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if the maintenance is done? Because I can't Play any of my Story Games at all :( when I try and go into them it just Force Closes right away :(

kooky panda
08-02-11, 07:57 PM
Game Maintenance; August 2
All TeamLava games are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance tonight. The brief maintenance will be occurring sporadically for each game...

All games should be back around midnight, Pacific Daylight Time.

jaid666
08-02-11, 07:58 PM
Everything I've seen says the maitenance should be done by midnight... I'm guessing it's PST time which would mean at least another 4 hours, assuming that TL gets done on time.

pwack
08-02-11, 08:21 PM
Your thread only says 20 minutes and I have not been able to access site for over 4 hours, when will it be back up and running

MrsShrek
08-02-11, 08:22 PM
Just wondering. If this was a 'scheduled maintenance', when was it scheduled & why were we not informed of this schedule? I was on line this morning here at the forum and did not see notice of schedule maintenance.

hieuy
08-02-11, 08:23 PM
It's 20:22 Pacific Standard Time and none of my Storm8 games can be accessed. Is this maintenance going to be a long while?

jaid666
08-02-11, 08:23 PM
because the favored methods of communication are twitter and facebook

jovenal
08-02-11, 08:27 PM
It's 20:22 Pacific Standard Time and none of my Storm8 games can be accessed. Is this maintenance going to be a long while?

yup! another 3 1/2 hours. game should be back online around midnight PDT

jaid666
08-02-11, 08:30 PM
yup! another 3 1/2 hours. game should be back online around midnight PDT

lovely... everything in RS, CS, and ZS will have expired and been wasted...

groov87
08-02-11, 08:41 PM
DEAR TEAMLAVA....when this happens, we lose harvests, clothes etc...you need to reimburse us for this. THIS IS NOT OUR ERROR...its yours. I play other app games and when they do it and it causes their players to lose harvests they provide with free mojo/coins/gems and restore the expired items. AND THEY APOLOGIZE!

MrsShrek
08-02-11, 08:55 PM
Well, was just able to get into Farm Story. Guess what. All my water is gone.

jovenal
08-02-11, 08:57 PM
lovely... everything in RS, CS, and ZS will have expired and been wasted...

Just keep trying. Just few minutes ago I was able to serve my dishes on RS and BS, collected contract on CS. also able to harvested my crops earlier. It look like tips/water are gone.

jaid666
08-02-11, 08:57 PM
at least you could get in :/

jaid666
08-02-11, 08:58 PM
Just keep trying. Just few minutes ago I was able to serve my dishes on RS and BS, collected contract on CS. also able to harvested my crops earlier. It look like
tips/water are gone.

*crosses fingers and tries*

jovenal
08-02-11, 08:59 PM
the connection comes and go. just keep trying.

jaid666
08-02-11, 09:13 PM
thanks for the heads up about the connection being semi-good, got my dishes and contracts taken care of in time. :)

talyon
08-02-11, 09:18 PM
All should be ok now, not including the loss of tips gifts etc.

MrsShrek
08-02-11, 09:19 PM
Server crash = something broke and we are working to get things back on line.

Emergency Maintenance = we are having problems or need to fix something right away. Need to take server off line today.

Scheduled Maintenance = we will be taking server off line tomorrow at this time and all parties have been notified.

This is why I get upset when the term Scheduled Maintenance is used. It is understandable to have emergencies and or crashes. But to have 'scheduled' maintenance with out giving any notice is either poor communication or a lack of planning.

jovenal
08-02-11, 09:19 PM
thanks for the heads up about the connection being semi-good, got my dishes and contracts taken care of in time. :)

glad you were able to collect your dishes and contracts on time!

nmishii
08-02-11, 09:48 PM
I did not lose my 2 pending gifts, if I lost tips there weren't that many. I used to lose about 300-400+ waters when the servers were crashing constantly back in May/June, but I don't water as much anymore and probably lost between 100-200 today. I no longer get frustrated when I lose water.

Its a work day, so I cook/plant 1 day items, so I didn't lose anything. All but one of the things I started cooking/baking/planting are still not done.

But what I'm absolutely thrilled about is that the gift times got reset!!! I fell asleep last night and when I gifted people had maxed out, so I was thinking about skipping gifting tonight to reset, but TL did that for me. Thank you, TL, for your inability to bring up servers without losing your customer's assets.

And, I was 3 screws away from another ice cream machine, which I wouldn't have gotten until tomorrow. Now I just built my ice cream machine, and in 17 minutes when my red velvet cake is ready, I can put out another box and request the other 3 items. And my request time was reset, so I can start all over around 10 at night rather than wait until 5am when I requested after waking up from falling asleep last night. Thank you again, TeamLava.

Mogwai4111
08-02-11, 09:52 PM
This is why I get upset when the term Scheduled Maintenance is used. It is understandable to have emergencies and or crashes. But to have 'scheduled' maintenance with out giving any notice is either poor communication or a lack of planning.

It was human error, which I hope we can all forgive. Not worth getting mad about.

MrsShrek
08-02-11, 09:59 PM
Ok, Lost Water Again. Let's help each other by watering items ready to harvest instead of freshly planted things. Thanks! *;-)

GroupMagma
08-03-11, 01:09 PM
We did have scheduled maintenance, which I announced on Facebook/Twitter. I forgot to announce it here -- by the time I remembered, we had compounded maintenance issues, and I did not have access to the forums (hence the late reply). I apologize for the inconvenience.

Some users may have lost water/tips, but not many. More users likely lost their Comment history, which we are unfortunately unable to restore.

Redc
08-03-11, 01:35 PM
I posted this on another thread, but since GM responded here, is anyone else still having issues since last night?? I'm still getting kicked off with the same messages of system in "maintenance" and that it will be back in a few minutes. It's been happening for hours, since 11am here in seattle, and I've restarted and force closed each time. I'm on an android, HTC droid incredible, is that the problem?? It's never lasted this long before :(

sissy8
08-03-11, 02:27 PM
all my water from my sunflowers gone, that is a lot of XP:(:(

MrsShrek
08-03-11, 04:49 PM
Using iPad here & still getting popup message about being off line every few farms I visit.
First the off line message. After clicking ok, then blank green grass screen, then gem special deal screen, then Gem Mastery screen, then back to blank green grass screen. I click on home & ok for 2 more farms.
TL problem or iPad problem?

epiphany
08-03-11, 05:02 PM
Using iPad here & still getting popup message about being off line every few farms I visit.
First the off line message. After clicking ok, then blank green grass screen, then gem special deal screen, then Gem Mastery screen, then back to blank green grass screen. I click on home & ok for 2 more farms.

getting the same on my iPhone farm, so that narrows it down............:rolleyes:

saintlover
08-03-11, 05:06 PM

Same for me... but the progress I make is still counting. I can close out and reopen and what I had just done is sticking so it looks like they may have forgotten to turn off the notification? OORR we are just lucky that its not affecting our particular accounts as dramatically as others and should count our blessings.

epiphany
08-03-11, 05:07 PM
We did have scheduled maintenance, which I announced on Facebook/Twitter. I forgot to announce it here -- by the time I remembered, we had compounded maintenance issues, and I did not have access to the forums (hence the late reply). I apologize for the inconvenience.

Some users may have lost water/tips, but not many. More users likely lost their Comment history, which we are unfortunately unable to restore.

if it was "scheduled" then why no advance pop up ingame message ? Any idea on the percentage on 'some". Of my 130 odd neighbours i reckon @ 65% suffered a drought, whilst @ 25% suffered the wall chop:confused:

Leire22
08-11-11, 03:12 AM
Last night was not working even one game, i lost all things i needed to collect, i play 9 games it is makimg me realy angry, i teresting is noone says anything here. It was arou d 3 am Central Europe time and later. Now i can put all to trash really great. Strange that no even a word here about this, and my internet connection was perfect.