PDA

View Full Version : Latest update for RS on Android 3.0

DragonRyder
07-26-11, 06:10 PM
Hi all, I am using an Android 3.0 Xoom and just updated Restaurant Story on it and noted a few things. It now has a screen shot button and a new invite option based on email. These are fine, bit of a non-issue for me though. What is an issue is there are now these expand arrows at the outer edges of my restaurant, I don't really like it, prefer the grass and trees but I can live with it.

What is annoying is that the scrolling in moving the view of the restaurant around seems to have gotten broken. It now stutters frequently and seems to run into hard stops frequently and doesn't easily show the whole of the restaurant now. Most glaring is that the top corner can be seen when you first get into the game but if you scroll to another place to collect tips or whatever, it doesn't scroll back up fully. So if I want to cook something (I have some of my appliances up there), I can still see them mostly but I'm not sure I'll see the icon for the food if it's spoiled or finished. I'll likely have to exit the game and come back into deal with those or move everything around.

I also can't see more than halfway up the walls in the corner, again if I want to change the decorations there I'll likely have to log out and come back in to change or see them properly.

Another change that I found was that the leaving of tips now has a coin sound, cute but it could get annoying I think, but I was able to turn off the sound effects and that stopped that. However, another part to the tipping aspect is that a separate star now bounces up from the table and you can click on it to get another point to your star rating. I'm not sure if before we got two points or just one, but if we got two points for tipping, can you put it back to not having that star. If it's extra we can ignore it if we want to if it's too annoying, but having more things to tap on wasn't what I was looking for in this.

And we still have those ads popping up constantly right in the middle of tipping or collecting tips or whatever in this and in FS, can we get the timer for that showing up made real long or better yet take out those ads so that we see them at startup only?

QueenBooty
07-26-11, 06:49 PM
why are there no goals? is that because it its not set in place for android or is that a bug? i use it on my phone. would that be a reason? i also downloaded imobsters for the points and everything disappeared and i never got the gems. i dont want to download anymore games if i am going to lose everything.

DragonRyder
07-26-11, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure what goals have to do with what I was experiencing, but I have more observations as I had food that came up finished. I can't actually see that the food is done in the top corner so I will either have to move everything or figure something else out. But now when we cook we get stars out that give more xp for the process of cooking the food if you tap on them. Admittedly, sometimes you aren't tapping on much when cooking but now we go from like 5 or 6 taps in preparing the food and adding in 2 more. Can we just get this extra bit of experience normally or if it's experience that's extra just add it in instead of having to tap on the stars?

DragonRyder
07-26-11, 07:50 PM
Okay, wow... just wow... I'm not sure if the iOS folks have been having to play with this, if they have makes me wonder why.... well anyway. I just collected tips for the first time after getting the update. Now we have to tap the table to get the tip, tap a star for xp I think it was and tap the coins that bounce up to get the tip money itself! If I didn't get carpultunel pains from it before this will pretty much guarentee it! Seriously, going from one tap per table to 3???

Don't know if I'll be able to keep playing this this way, give me a means to go back to the version before this update ASAP, at this point I don't care if I ever get constructable ovens and stuff* (insert other word of you foul choice here) if this is the way the game will be. This goes on the all time list of worst update ideas I've ever seen.

greygull
07-26-11, 09:00 PM
TL has been informed of the display issues with the update. As far as the stars and coins popping out, iDevices have been begging for this to stop for a while now. No clue why they incorporated it to Android as well. You don't have to click on them, they will float way after about 10 seconds.

jovenal
07-26-11, 09:15 PM
TL has been informed of the display issues with the update. As far as the stars and coins popping out, iDevices have been begging for this to stop for a while now. No clue why they incorporated it to Android as well. You don't have to click on them, they will float way after about 10 seconds.

I looks like these annoying features are here to stay. if they've added to Android then we're probably stuck with them for awhile. Android users wanted similar experiences as iDevices, now they can!
The good thing about these features it doesn't hinder the game. the expand arrow - after awhile you don't even notice it anymore, the coin sound- you can mute it, and the star and coin as greygull said they float away after about 10 seconds.

DragonRyder
07-26-11, 09:26 PM
Well, will have to try it and see. I have to say, it doesn't bode well if the iOS folks have been complaining about this for a while and they've given it to us instead of making it go away. Seems a sure fire way of not getting anymore purchases from users from where I'm sitting, but hey, someone obviously likes it or it would never have been coded in.

jovenal
07-26-11, 09:38 PM
we've also been asking to revert back to the old ways of gifting back where the neighbor you're gifting back is on top but instead we have to scroll from top each time and look for that neighbor to gift back.

greygull
07-26-11, 10:31 PM
I'm sure I'll be fanning some old flames here, but if you look through the Updates Thread, there is a poll about Bouncing Stars. It's been on there for over a month at least. Maybe if us Android (yes, I'm both) users cast additional votes, it will get more attention. I think it stands at 4 for them and over 90 against. Not sure why they're still here with that kind of opinion.