PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone else ACCIDENTALLY purchased an "order slot" Please READ!

dessertsplus
07-26-11, 05:00 PM
Has anyone else accidentally purchased an "order slot" in the Catalog menu? :mad:

I was scrolling through my catalog, seeing what I had already ordered and when I got to the end of my orders, I tapped on the X to close the catalog menu. I guess, because the "buy order slot" link is right beside the X, I tapped on that link as well???

I didn't even notice anything and went on with the game until I noticed that "25 gems" had been taken out of my acct... What the heck? Thats when I contacted support and they told me that I had purchased an "order slot " with the 25 gems whether I knew it or not and of course, there was nothing they could do...

Let me know if you have, I think the "buy order slot" link is way too close to the X and I'm not saying they planned it this way to make money but they sure aren't fixing this glitch, so please BEWARE if you have gems and make sure to scroll back in your catalog before closing it !!!

nmishii
07-26-11, 05:12 PM
I don't play Fashion Story, but there is at least one other person who did the same thing:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14659-Smart-Lava

kooky panda
07-26-11, 05:41 PM
I did this twice...

Shamrock1963
07-26-11, 09:57 PM
I have indeed fallen for this very same 1-click trap. I fell for another in Bakery Story and yet another just today in Farm Story.

I will NEVER buy gems until TeamLava removes these 1-click traps. And I urge all of you to do the same. If enough people stop buying gems because of this, TeamLava WILL fix it. Quickly.

CandyNEFC
07-26-11, 10:59 PM
Yes, I did it last week.

ziggystl
07-28-11, 11:53 AM
I've ordered a slot by accident twice. Now when I have 24 gems or more (because I have bought a surprise box by accident also) I buy something that I want and put it out or put it in storage for later. Usually I will buy counters or display racks that cost gems. I always need those since I'm expanding or I might want to change my color scheme etc. Saves me from getting a headache. : )

ladyj0y
07-28-11, 02:38 PM
I also thought about it. How many times this happend to me on Treasure Story..that was so annoying..I could scream. I think 20 or 30 GEMs gone for refilling Energy. Why is there no Question "Do you really want the Energy...Yes or No" That's very easy...I also think they want to make money! Sorry...but if TeamLava is fair, they would make such a Question, that no GEMs will taken for nothing or accidentally

swiep07
07-29-11, 01:34 AM
I did it too! It was the first time I was so glad I only had 20 gems... *sigh*

gobblies
07-29-11, 03:19 AM
Never done it!! ;)

rachey07
02-02-12, 09:58 PM
I've accidentally done it twice too! I get so mad. I'm about to quit playing. I emailed support if they will undo the slot and return the gems. Hopefully they will. I think it's a trick also. They should have a warning to ask if u really want to purchase that. If they don't return the gems I'm giving this game a 1 star rating.

aiyayu
02-02-12, 10:07 PM
Yeah first gem trap I ever fell into was getting an extra order slot. I rage quitted for a while after that. To avoid that I keep enough gifts to keep the get extra order slot on its own row.

BTW support is most likely not going going to refund you. There is a 0% return rate as evident by fellow users reports. Unless I missed that post somewhere but I doubt it.

sumnboutme
02-02-12, 10:49 PM
I've done it once. I was mad at first but at least I got something useful (extra slot) and not something I didn't want.

jdbobbi
02-07-12, 05:06 PM
I have done it twice! very sneaky!!!

atlantisonearth
02-07-12, 05:23 PM
I did this twice...

Even Moderators, loyal inncoent TeamLava users who work for free, fall into such traps that TL sets. :(

weezuz
02-08-12, 01:29 AM
Well i think they need to sort this out coz it should give u the option to purchase like it does if you go to buy one of the special boxes. They need an "Are you sure" button coz it aload of bs it just buys it straight away. I too have fallen into this trap once and lost all my gems.

ariesblu
02-08-12, 01:38 AM
I've accidentally ordered slots three times. So annoying.

ladystorm12
02-08-12, 09:50 AM
Yes. I have. It sux! You should at least have to confirm your purchase!

casadolce
02-08-12, 02:52 PM
I've done it at least 2-3 times. The last time I was so pi$$ed that I quit Fashion for a few days, then goals happened...

Maybe the question should be "has anyone NEVER fallen for the extra slot gem trap"?

TurtleGirlSloan
02-08-12, 05:34 PM
I've done it. At least slots for ordering more clothes are handy. I have done similar irritating things in bakery and lost a lot of gems on nothing worth a darn!!!!

I refuse to purchase a single gem till the one click gem selections are gone as well. I want to see a gem spend confirmation button (along with 85+% of TL's other users it seems.)

dalula
02-08-12, 06:16 PM
i did this on my iPad. thankfully i didnt have the gems :) i didnt do this YET in my main account but i have fallen into plenty of other gem traps: i accidentally bought 2 magic boxes, and a clutch and shoes for my avatar i didnt even want. :( in bakery i accidentally used gems to finish cooking a trifle.

atlantisonearth
02-08-12, 07:05 PM
I dont play Fashion Story.
What is an order slot?

kb72
02-08-12, 07:33 PM
I did it twice but luckily now that slot is in spot 1 on the last page so I do not have anything close to do it again

lanicefaith
02-08-12, 08:05 PM
I did this twice...

So have I ,u just have to be very careful

TurtleGirlSloan
02-09-12, 05:07 AM
It was much easier to forgive myself for the extra skit. In BS my gems got sucked up by restoring 4 or 5 chamomile teas that had expired! Just like that I lost all my gems for a stinky item I can make in an hour! I literally began to cry when I realized what happened! *sniffle* even to speak of it now brings pain.

The sting heals in time. Also knowing your not alone helps.

immypop11
02-09-12, 05:47 AM
Yep, happened to me, TL say its a user error. For a developer to create a game on a touch screen device without a confirmation button is really quite pathetic. I wont ever buy gems with 'real' money so really its TL that lose out as Im sure there are plenty of other out there that will refuse to buy gems. Two words for all gamers - GEM STRIKE!!

na_tasha
02-11-12, 01:09 AM
I have done this also , you feel so ripped off and the support team do nothing to fix it, you should have a confirm button before you spend gems , especially of they want us to keep buying them, my mum accidentally clicked the wrong thing and it gave her 100,000 extra cash and took 100 gems off her. this is not fair and the people at team lava are criminals unless they fix this =(

TurtleGirlSloan
02-11-12, 06:11 AM
I hate that you can exchane gems for coin but you can't exchange coin for gems! That would be so nice tp be able to do both!

cupcakes4cece
02-11-12, 10:49 AM
Every time this happens, complain to Apple. Write a short, concise form letter that explains that you purchased gems with the intention of buying a premium item in the game, but that an unexpected popup or badly placed button caused you to spend the gems on something you did not want, and that Support refused to refund. Also state that this made you feel upset, *****ed, and angry. Finally, state that practices like these reflect badly on Apple as well as TL, since at the end of the day your device on which you play the game is an Apple product, and so is the App Store, and Apple gets a cut of all your purchases.

TimeForACuppaTea
02-12-12, 12:42 AM
I did it twice but luckily now that slot is in spot 1 on the last page so I do not have anything close to do it again

Ditto. I didn't mind too much the first time, I was annoyed sure, but it made everything work out nicely in that it was perfect to order 5 sets of a catalog with 4 items. Now I've got an extra slot I really really really don't want.

People have been asking for some sort of conformation before spending gems for years. I think there will have to be another blackout or ******* against buying gems. Team Lava likes that people accidentally spend gems. They hope that you will just buy some more to make up the loss and they make more money.

pchaneats
02-14-12, 02:04 AM
I just did it again.... And I lost it and yelled at my innocent family member who happened tried to talk to me when it happened! Oh I'm so ashamed of myself and really wondering if there is nothing TL could do to put a 'ru sure' dialogue box to prevent accidental gem spending. It really hurts. It didn't hurt less the third time around....( yes it's a third time for me...). It really ruined the feel good part of playing these games which I love..... sigh....

pchaneats
02-14-12, 02:16 AM
Ditto. I didn't mind too much the first time, I was annoyed sure, but it made everything work out nicely in that it was perfect to order 5 sets of a catalog with 4 items. Now I've got an extra slot I really really really don't want.

People have been asking for some sort of conformation before spending gems for years. I think there will have to be another blackout or ******* against buying gems. Team Lava likes that people accidentally spend gems. They hope that you will just buy some more to make up the loss and they make more money.

I hate to think it's a deliberate trap! Let's take it as something that's not high on busy TLs work priority ( they r likely working on the next cute sets for all we know). However, i don't know whether lots people share our sentiment to have this fixed meant much much to us than a cute catalogue next week! Pls anyone a better idea to get this elevated up the raydar? I think ******* is toxic and last resort....

Shamrock1963
02-16-12, 05:00 PM
I hate to think it's a deliberate trap! Let's take it as something that's not high on busy TLs work priority ( they r likely working on the next cute sets for all we know). However, i don't know whether lots people share our sentiment to have this fixed meant much much to us than a cute catalogue next week! Pls anyone a better idea to get this elevated up the raydar? I think ******* is toxic and last resort....

Oh for pity's sake! People have been complaining about 1-click gem traps for well over a year. Many people have already *******ed gem purchases because of the 1-click gem traps. It would be extremely easy for TeamLava to put in an Are-you-sure? pop-up window for confirmation, and they still haven't done it. Of course it's deliberate!

randa320
02-16-12, 10:44 PM
I will NEVER buy gems either because it's too easy to accidentally use them. I've wasted so many gems When trying to cook stuff.

pinkbarbie123
02-17-12, 12:32 AM
I fell for the gem trap of bringing back expired items gem trap before through a glitch on TL's part. I lost 16 gems and I was madder than you know what, not just bc they wouldn't reimburse me, but bc they switched spots of bring it back and let it expire. They are the ones that lost in the end on my part bc since then they have not received a penny from me. For the people who have experienced this once and learned your lesson I am sorry for y'all and now you know how this company operates. For the people that have had this happen to you on multiple occasions and are still giving this company money I have no empathy for you. Yes, no company should be allowed to do this to people but if you keep feeding the hands that bite you all that's going to happen is bigger bites. We all know how ridiculous most of the items are for imaginary stuff with these games and if you don't take a stand at their bad practices why would they change? It's like being in a bad relationship where one person *****s and the other one forgives and does nothing but hope and pray the person changes. Why would they? They know they can get away with it and you will do nothing about it. And if anyone is still in denial that this company isnt smart enough to plant gem traps on purpose to get your money by basically stealing from you then wake up. Do you really think that they can craft avatars that you can change their clothes, or make pop ups with a different image or pixel on them every week for sale but they can't do a simple are you sure button then you need a reality check. Yes, these games are addicting and some of them are fun but how much money do you have to lose to realize hey, maybe we should think twice before giving this company anymore money. And TL, had you given me my gems back in the first place I would never have even come to the forums and posted any of my negative comments.

julia3032
02-19-12, 06:12 AM
pinkbarbie is absolutely correct. If you think TL is "too busy" to implement this, ask yourself why you have to confirm the sale of a rack for 100 coins but can't confirm if you want to spend gems or not. I've hit the extra slot tab twice. On other occasions, server glitches took my gems while I was asleep. I haven't bought gems for quite awhile. This is the #1 complaint of TL players and yet TL refuses to do anything about it. That's because it is part of their game design and has been from the beginning. Every TL game I've played, I started on the first day it came out...so I do know that for a fact.

xcellent
02-19-12, 06:22 AM
I have done this many times in a very short time of playing..... Luckily, i dont have enough gems to buy it! Lol!