PDA

View Full Version : Why is there NOTHING to buy with the money I make

123wxyz
07-26-11, 02:06 PM
Now that I've made all this money, I find that there is so little to buy with it. What's the point? Everyones store looks the same. Is this just an Android thing? I hear the android version has the most problems.

Please give us more things to buy!! More ways to be creative. I have money burnin in my virtual pocket & as a result the game is beginning to feel pointless

123wxyz
07-26-11, 02:06 PM
Does anyone else feel this way?

driftboutique
07-26-11, 02:34 PM
Wow, are you already at max expansion? I just got there, I'm level 67 (I think) and I have 3.5m coins. So, I don't really have a crazy excess of money.

That said, I think there is a lot of sameness among boutiques. I hope to see the decor items and catalog items grow steadily to facilitate the design of more differentiated boutiques.

dessertsplus
07-26-11, 04:16 PM
No it isn't just an android thing, it's team lava's way of making you want to "buy" gems to purchase the "nicer" items

driftboutique
07-26-11, 06:10 PM
No it isn't just an android thing, it's team lava's way of making you want to "buy" gems to purchase the "nicer" items

There are plenty of people in fashion who buy gems, and lots of them, and still don't have really distinctive boutiques. I think there is a real lack of variety to the items available for gems OR coins as compared with the other games. Partly I think this is due to how new the game is, but look at the number of magic boxes in fashion vs the other games. There's no comparison.

expressW
07-27-11, 08:23 AM
i agree.... i have two boutiques.... one on my bf's iphone and one on my android... i can only buy gems on my bf's iphone but i have realised that both boutiques look similar regardless of how many gems i spend on the iphone boutique....

the basics are quite good, but what frustrates me is that many of the box items are avatar clothing which is not really generic enough... gaga and lolita isnt really my style... i also had the misfortune of getting two stupid chokers so my gem money is now spent in city story. anyway, the point is items for FS is split between avatar items ( that are not applicable to androids) and store decorations so as drift pointed out combined with the lack of boxes... there really isnt much to choose from gem or coins....

it would create heaps of complaints but i think they should make SOME gem items available (like the sofa or something) for an absurd amount of coins, i.e., 500k? at least then there would be some items for ppl to decorate with....

tesive
07-27-11, 08:31 AM
I agree with expressW on adding more decorating items using coins. I am really frustrated with FS, although I don't want to quit just yet. I like the concept, but I'm so limited on how I can rotate items to make the best use of the space, and I can't afford to spend money on the gemmed items, so I look just like all the rest. The only thing I can do is find more creative ways to place the racks and tables. That gets old pretty quickly. Also, I don't seem to make money as fast in FS as with BS and RS. Could just be me, though. :)

123wxyz
07-29-11, 11:36 AM
I get that they are trying to get us to buy gems but if the only thing we can do withthe money we earn is to expand, I'm bored. I'm still waiting for something cool to show up but I'm beginning to lose interest. Other games offer more variety.

madx10
07-31-11, 06:02 PM
Oh I totally agree. You get to the point where it seems you have purchased everything with coins but all the good stuff costs gems. The new catalog comes out and the outfit is ****er and theres nothing great for the coin only player to buy. I buy clothes like mad to earn the gems to get something cool every now and then.