PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Theme! Coming Soon

Swiminn6
07-25-11, 06:09 PM
City Story just posted a sneak peak on Facebook of a new theme to come to City Story; Japanese!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/Swiminn6/a4854eeb.jpg

I believe they have already started this "Japanese" theme when they released the Koi Pond, Park w/ bridge, ane Elite House.

Would you like the Japanese theme?

LanokaHarbor
07-25-11, 07:29 PM
I'd rather have waterfront.

Swiminn6
07-25-11, 08:09 PM
I'd rather have waterfront.

I agree but I am happy we are getting a new type of theme to make our cities more diverse!

All of us on the forums have been crying out for waterfront so maybe they are waiting to make it really special :)

LanokaHarbor
07-25-11, 08:55 PM
That would be awesome, but you are right, having some diversity is going to be cool....just hope they don't make the buildings look like comics!

jaid666
07-26-11, 11:28 AM
This would be amazing if we could get a couple of themed items for coins. :/

bigbux3
07-26-11, 11:56 AM
Dont forget the bridge

jackroc
07-26-11, 01:23 PM
I would also rather have water, but this is still cool, as long as they dont ruin it with cartoony designs and the ever hated "baloon trees". Also, hopefully the majority of the buildings will be for COINS.

jackroc
07-26-11, 02:30 PM
I just checked facebook, they released a picture of one of the Japanese items: the Yokohama Bridge. It looks cool but is also awkward because it is a 2x2 water tile with a bridge in the middle. If you look closely, you will see it is NOT cmpatable with rivers because the water is surrounded completely by cement or grass like a big square lake. It better be compatable with roads or it will be an epic falure, but I'm staying optomisic. It looks realy cool though.

TravSF
07-27-11, 11:34 PM
Wow, how did they land on Japanese theme? Judging by the way that building looks in the photo, everyone who buys these new themed buildings is going to be paying to convert their city into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory with gum ball trees included! I guess you got to keep the customers your making the most coin off of happy. Here's an idea! How about take a break from these cartoon inspired weekly updates and come back in a month or two with an update including multiple themes to choose from so every player/customer around the globe can purchase something they actually enjoy and want in their city, not just players/customers from the far eastern part of the globe.

jackroc
07-28-11, 05:35 AM
Hahahaha. I like the comment about Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. But you are right. I've noticed that the buildings themselves have gotten less cartoony, but these stupid gumball trees that surround them make them look ugly. I hope this changes, but I'll probably buy a bunch of the Japanese objects anyway. :)

cherry31415
07-28-11, 04:10 PM
Chyeah, the trees remind me of this:

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.101035852.jpg

bigbux3
07-28-11, 06:06 PM
Chyeah, the trees remind me of this:

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.101035852.jpg

Hahaha, they do!!