PDA

View Full Version : This game is being RUINED!!!

tezza1708
07-25-11, 12:57 PM
Firstly the 5 gems to finish a dish is ridiculous. TL know it gets pressed by mistake and wastes the gems thus hoping we'll spend to get more back.

Secondly whoever thought up this continuous Gem sale wants shooting? It pops up every time you access the game and almost daily I mistakenly gen re-routed to the gem purchase confirmation. Its the most frustrating/annoying aspect of the game!!

Thirdly, there's nothing wrong with adding new dishes but to have them pop up on every visit is annoying.

This is a decent game but TL are putting a massive emphasis on trying to sell us gems and is severely damaging it.

Sort it out TL

GroupMagma
07-25-11, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

casadolce
07-25-11, 01:26 PM
1. Be more careful. I did that once too.
2. Yes, it's somewhat annoying but if it helps TL sell gems then we'll have to live with it. Disabling in-game purchase helps.
3. Yes, it's somewhat annoying, but acceptable.

If closing a few pop-ups bothers you this much, maybe this game is not for you? The game involves a lot of tapping.

ultrafrog
07-25-11, 02:01 PM
The instant complete trap thing has been there since forever, just have to be careful. Yes it sucks.

The popups arent bugging me too much yet. I'm kinda tempted to get one of the exclusive items you get with gem purchase.

Basically it looks like TL is still doing research on how to get people to purchase gems. They collect data on gem purchases from sales - 20%, 30%, 40% off, then gem sales when they offer special items like the vip lounge, capsule game, and more recently they added a countdown timer to the sale which is a good change imo. It also adds a sense of urgency to BUY NOW. :p

frankly, im just happy that TL has stepped up and updated the game a lot more recently - they could have just as well left it not updated.

Remember that selling gems helps keep the game going ~

MercuryPDX
08-02-11, 09:22 PM
I understand the need to sell gems, but what I find annoying is that there's always a "sale" going on with a different percentage off every time I log into the game. The countdown timer doesn't add any kind of urgency, because I know that there's going to be another sale (maybe a better one?) right after this one ends.

talyon
08-02-11, 09:36 PM
I understand the need to sell gems, but what I find annoying is that there's always a "sale" going on with a different percentage off every time I log into the game. The countdown timer doesn't add any kind of urgency, because I know that there's going to be another sale (maybe a better one?) right after this one ends.

There no real guarantee sales well continue. For the longest time there wasn't any. I'll assume that well happen again, but I sincerely hope not as the regular price is just to much.

debbymilly
08-03-11, 05:51 AM
[QUOTE=ultrafrog;96080]The instant complete trap thing has been there since forever, just have to be careful. Yes it sucks.

The popups arent bugging me too much yet. I'm kinda tempted to get one of the exclusive items you get with gem purchase.

Don't bother with spending 24 gems on an exclusive item. Myself and my hubby did and he got a Lotus lamp and I got a frog ornament!!. Shame you can't gift them to people

CopperBoom
08-03-11, 06:04 AM
Firstly the 5 gems to finish a dish is ridiculous. TL know it gets pressed by mistake and wastes the gems thus hoping we'll spend to get more back.

Secondly whoever thought up this continuous Gem sale wants shooting? It pops up every time you access the game and almost daily I mistakenly gen re-routed to the gem purchase confirmation. Its the most frustrating/annoying aspect of the game!!

Thirdly, there's nothing wrong with adding new dishes but to have them pop up on every visit is annoying.

This is a decent game but TL are putting a massive emphasis on trying to sell us gems and is severely damaging it.

Sort it out TL

1. Actually I'm on level 95 and I've never accidentally pressed the finish a dish for 5 gems. So you just need to be more careful and patient.
2. Why not just wait 5 seconds or something when you access the game? Then you won't accidentally press on the gem sale
3. Well that's just 1 tap on the ok button right?

You gotta remember that this game is for free. Developers need money to maintain this game, create new items/dishes/graphics, run a business/company. Are you willing to donate money?

Lauriebug
08-03-11, 11:15 PM

To be fair, that's really a very common strategy for selling just about anything - that's why grocery stores put out a new add every week.