PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Weekly Update From TM; NOT!

kmjnhh123
07-24-11, 03:53 AM
Yet again we wait another whole week and what do we get, 3 gem items, and 1 stupid dart broad for 30,000 coins, no food items again!!!!

Superyalda
07-24-11, 09:09 AM
I haven't even gotten it! I wish I did! When will the update get to everyone?

kooky panda
07-24-11, 09:10 AM
I haven't even gotten it! I wish I did! When will the update get to everyone?

When I do not get my update on Friday, I usually get it on Monday or Tuesday.

Superyalda
07-24-11, 09:14 AM
*tapping fingers on table* Ooooh kaaaaay ......

debbymilly
07-26-11, 07:23 AM
Shocking isnt it. I wait to see what new food I can cook and then nothing. There is no way I will fund the TL Christmas party by buying gems.

GroupMagma
07-26-11, 09:48 AM
Shocking isnt it. I wait to see what new food I can cook and then nothing. There is no way I will fund the TL Christmas party by buying gems.

They actually fund our entire business... not just our Christmas parties. Though those would be some awfully epic Christmas parties.

casadolce
07-26-11, 01:28 PM
...and 1 stupid dart broad for 30,000 coins, no food items again!!!!

I bought two of the dartboards. They look perfect on my wall!

Come visit: CasaDolce

terramat
07-26-11, 02:50 PM
I love the new items. Booths would be awesome though too, lol wink wink ;)

debbymilly
07-27-11, 03:45 AM
They actually fund our entire business... not just our Christmas parties. Though those would be some awfully epic Christmas parties.

Hmmm, very professional flippant attitude from a moderator.

cakesJordanEz
07-27-11, 10:38 AM
Yet again we wait another whole week and what do we get, 3 gem items, and 1 stupid dart broad for 30,000 coins, no food items again!!!!

Be patient, at least this time they had a coin item! Besides I liked the coin item they had.
You're wasting your time and energy by complaining about something good. I'm just glad they do weekly updates now. I'm not mad, but I see where you're going with this. I used to be like this too before I even knew of the forums!

I'm almost at 100 posts!
Soon I'll be a senior member!

GroupMagma
07-27-11, 11:34 AM
Hmmm, very professional flippant attitude from a moderator.

I can understand your concern, but please try to see this from our perspective; if no one bought Gems, then there would be no games. We provide a product/service (take your pick) that is completely free. Making games is not free. Nor is hosting these games on the internet, nor hosting these forums, nor hiring the employees (thankfully, otherwise paying rent would be rather difficult for me), and add that to the countless other expenditures we have. Most of the updates we've released for Restaurant Story have at least included some free content, which can be enjoyed by both our paying users and free-playing users equally.

If we occasionally release an update in which most or all of the items cost Gems, I don't feel it's a case of us being greedy, or saving up for lavish Christmas parties. It's a case of us wanting to continue to make games. And even if you don't want to pay for Gems, you can always win them in the forums (where we give them away for free), or you can earn them in Recipe Mastery.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying everyone should pay for Gems (though that'd be nice :D ). One of the best things about TL games is the wide variety of users we have (both in-game and in the forums), and that reach would not be possible if we required everyone to pay. But at the same time, I don't think it's fair to categorize TL, and those who buy gems, as contributing to some greedy enterprise.

JoJosBakersDelite
07-27-11, 12:12 PM
Well said GM!!! I can understand the frustration from those players who can't or don't buy gems when only gem items are released. (I help fund those Christmas parties! LOL!) But they are not all that is released. I think players need to be understanding and thanful for the weekly updates. And be patient, the next update may be food and coin items, who knows! I also agree that booths would be a great idea!! Hint hint. =)

Shamrock1963
07-27-11, 01:10 PM
I am disappointed in the selection of wall decorations for Restaurant Story. Nearly all the items are unattractive or clash with wall and floor colors or blend too well with wall colors. I'm afraid that the only specific item I can think of to request is that you bring over the antique clock from Bakery Story, but perhaps other users will have some suggestions.

cakesJordanEz
07-27-11, 02:39 PM
Well said GM!!! I can understand the frustration from those players who can't or don't buy gems when only gem items are released. (I help fund those Christmas parties! LOL!) But they are not all that is released. I think players need to be understanding and thanful for the weekly updates. And be patient, the next update may be food and coin items, who knows! I also agree that booths would be a great idea!! Hint hint. =)

Well said JoJosBakersDelite! And GM! I agree with you guys/girls!
You took the words right out of my mouth!
I think that people should know that buying gems funds the games/future games!

I'm almost at 100 posts!
Soon, I will be a senior member!
So, so close!

gobblies
07-27-11, 02:45 PM
I wasnt super excited about the update, but give TL a break guys!! :(

luckygirl101
07-27-11, 07:52 PM
I agree I think that they should make more food updates. The thing that makes this game exciting is that you can create your own restaurant and can make food. If there's no new food to make, Then it's not as exciting. There's plenty of items we can use to decorate our restaurant but a limited amount of food. It would also be great that if the items in the update followed a theme. Overall, thanks for the updates.

kmjnhh123
07-31-11, 02:46 AM
I can understand your concern, but please try to see this from our perspective; if no one bought Gems, then there would be no games. We provide a product/service (take your pick) that is completely free. Making games is not free. Nor is hosting these games on the internet, nor hosting these forums, nor hiring the employees (thankfully, otherwise paying rent would be rather difficult for me), and add that to the countless other expenditures we have. Most of the updates we've released for Restaurant Story have at least included some free content, which can be enjoyed by both our paying users and free-playing users equally.

If we occasionally release an update in which most or all of the items cost Gems, I don't feel it's a case of us being greedy, or saving up for lavish Christmas parties. It's a case of us wanting to continue to make games. And even if you don't want to pay for Gems, you can always win them in the forums (where we give them away for free), or you can earn them in Recipe Mastery.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying everyone should pay for Gems (though that'd be nice :D ). One of the best things about TL games is the wide variety of users we have (both in-game and in the forums), and that reach would not be possible if we required everyone to pay. But at the same time, I don't think it's fair to categorize TL, and those who buy gems, as contributing to some greedy enterprise.

the thing is, gems are all these in-app-purchases are so expensive, like even with 40% id NEVER buy any, but if it wer like say 50P for 100 GEMS then id think about it, and really more people would buy gems if they wer cheaper, why dont you have a 1 off 70% off all gems

Superyalda
07-31-11, 03:35 AM
You have the option to buy gems. It's a business. You can also opt not to buy gems. In short, it's a decision you make.

You could also win gems but I don't see you entering the contests. ;)

kmjnhh123
08-04-11, 09:35 AM
You have the option to buy gems. It's a business. You can also opt not to buy gems. In short, it's a decision you make.

You could also win gems but I don't see you entering the contests. ;)

wot yu mean a option, it just pops up and you Acdentily select the ?59.99 one !!

greygull
08-04-11, 09:50 AM
wot yu mean a option, it just pops up and you Acdentily select the ?59.99 one !!

Yes, I've clicked that too. But it has a confirmation before you buy, and iOS devices have the ability to turn off in-app purchases, to prevent for spending money. I think some Androids do too, but I'm not 100% sure.

meemocrunch
08-05-11, 06:55 AM
I would like more food items, but the weekly update is always fun to see. Besides, be patient. Who knows? Maybe next week they will have a new food!  Plus, i'd rather spend money than my gems because there r so hard to earn, even with the 4 mastery gem because i am a 4 mastery gem... but be patient, this was a nice update 

bawpotter
08-05-11, 08:09 AM
Well, you get at least 1 new recipe this week: Ramen!

Like I said, if there is one new recipe, there is a good chance there will be another one.

kmjnhh123
08-07-11, 04:03 AM
Well, you get at least 1 new recipe this week: Ramen!

Like I said, if there is one new recipe, there is a good chance there will be another one.

yess i noo :) finally a food update

Dylanie
08-07-11, 07:54 AM
Aren't there 2 new recipes? Ramen and pork buns!