PDA

View Full Version : What do Asian Symbols/Characters indicate?

pattisue1
07-24-11, 12:13 AM
Why do the messages and names of many Farm Story players contain asian symbols either between letters or words? Does it signify that a translator program has been used? If so, is this done by team lava or the player himself/herself?

kooky panda
07-24-11, 04:41 AM
There are emojii programs that can be downloaded.(has pictures, symbols icons). The player can add these to their farm name.

pattisue1
07-24-11, 07:07 AM
Okay, great that's a start at least. Thank you. I'm still not clear on the translation side of things. For instance, the messages from German players contain both the German and the English message. Where is the translation occuring? Is the translator program in the game code?

talyon
07-24-11, 07:34 AM
Okay, great that's a start at least. Thank you. I'm still not clear on the translation side of things. For instance, the messages from German players contain both the German and the English message. Where is the translation occuring? Is the translator program in the game code?

Not think so, their probably doing it them selves or using 3rd party software before hand.

kooky panda
07-24-11, 07:56 AM

You can always go the persons wall and ask them if they use a certain application.

jovenal
07-24-11, 08:04 AM

if you need to add german or any other languages characters, just set it from your keyboard settings. once it's enabled, you can combine different languages in one message. This is for iOS devices. I'm sure Android has similar feature.

pattisue1
07-24-11, 11:26 AM
No, I don't want to ask directly, in case of hurt feelings. Don't want to come across as insensitive. That answers my original question. Thanks folks. :-)

ariesblu
07-24-11, 01:25 PM
Why do the messages and names of many Farm Story players contain asian symbols either between letters or words? Does it signify that a translator program has been used? If so, is this done by team lava or the player himself/herself?
I think I know what you're talking about. I'm assuming you have an android phone? I have one as well (htc inspire) and was wondering why I would get a lot of messages with Asian lettering on Farm Story, Bakery and Restaurant. Anyway, a while later for a different reason I went on my sister's phone, which is an iphone, and went to my message page and finally put two and two together. To you it may look like squares and Asian lettering, but it's actually from the emoji keyboard on Apple. It's just that Android doesn't have that yet, so I guess the coding hasn't been preped for us yet.

If you don't have an android, than ignore what I said, lol.

kooky panda
07-24-11, 01:28 PM
I think I know what you're talking about. I'm assuming you have an android phone? I have one as well (htc inspire) and was wondering why I would get a lot of messages with Asian lettering on Farm Story, Bakery and Restaurant. Anyway, a while later for a different reason I went on my sister's phone, which is an iphone, and went to my message page and finally put two and two together. To you it may look like squares and Asian lettering, but it's actually from the emoji keyboard on Apple. It's just that Android doesn't have that yet, so I guess the coding hasn't been preped for us yet.

If you don't have an android, than ignore what I said, lol.

OHH ariesblu that makes a lot of sense.

hectorloch
07-24-11, 03:34 PM
ضئيلا متعال جطكمنتا بيسشئءؤ ذاتا جطكمزونهعتة الغفل ربقثيؤءسص (this is gibberish).

I assume folk just change the International and keyboard settings to suit their native language.

But, I do have a German neighbor whose messages - or part of them - are often translated into English. I just assumed she was doing it but on reflection I suppose it could have been an app.

jovenal
07-24-11, 03:56 PM
Guten Tag! bew?ssert or arros? or regada. I figured if my neighbors has to post in English, I can return the favor by posting on their language.*

If I'm being creative I can pick a different language through keyboard setting and post something like this*☆♪Danke *... βεψα༦ξrτ ☆ *ђąvę ą ŋį?ę węęķęŋd! *☑

Hopefully you can see that.

kooky panda
07-25-11, 11:24 AM
You know I started thinking that had to change the way that I post on walls. My standard post is with all emoji pictures. I never really thought that my android nbrs would only see squares. I just changed and added the words, watered, boogied, etc in between my pictures.

I know kooky is not always the sharpest knife in the drawer!!!

hectorloch
07-25-11, 12:57 PM
I know kooky is not always the sharpest knife in the drawer!!!

I don't think that's right, Mrs Kooky - not right at all.

pinkster73
07-25-11, 01:11 PM
I'm on Android and get lots of messages with all Asian symbols and just squares but I play enough that I'm actually able to recognize and understand most of them now. I'm not sure if that's sad or not ha ha