PDA

View Full Version : Exp rolled back

wintervale
07-23-11, 10:25 AM
I have downloaded the latest update, 1.2, on both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story, and noticed my exp was changed.

(I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone, running on OS 2.2, and I can backup data. I usually backup my Story games before I download any updates)

Prior to installing the 1.2 updates, my exp in Bakery Story is 824,647 and in Restaurant Story is 1,084,303, both level 96 chars. After the update, Bakery exp rolled down to 750,820, and Restaurant to 750,800, both right back to the very beginning of level 96. And because of the exp reset, I used my backup files and removed the updates, exp went back up to 824k and 1.08 mil.

Litlte surprised that no one has posted here about it. In the Adroid market reviews/comments section, there are people who experience had their exp reset as well.

I have email Team Lava, no response yet, and looks like they prefer the bugs to be reported here instead.

greygull
07-23-11, 10:31 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. I haven't heard of it either. Was only the exp changed? No loss of coins, food, etc? Sorry, I have no suggestions, maybe next time GM gets on he can take a look.

trenae
07-23-11, 12:49 PM
Hi wintervale -

After the update and you noticed the issue with the rollback of experience, did you happen to uninstall and re-install the app to see if that helped sync and clear up the issue?

CopperBoom
07-23-11, 12:59 PM
I have the same problem after the update. But I noticed that after tipping a nbr and commenting on their wall, the exp would return to normal. But everytime I start the app the exp would roll back again. Quite annoying >_<

Do you have the old version as .apk? If so could u pm me and send it to me? Hate the new update esp the bouncing stars

nmishii
07-23-11, 01:51 PM
I have downloaded the latest update, 1.2, on both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story, and noticed my exp was changed.

(I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone, running on OS 2.2, and I can backup data. I usually backup my Story games before I download any updates)

Prior to installing the 1.2 updates, my exp in Bakery Story is 824,647 and in Restaurant Story is 1,084,303, both level 96 chars. After the update, Bakery exp rolled down to 750,820, and Restaurant to 750,800, both right back to the very beginning of level 96. And because of the exp reset, I used my backup files and removed the updates, exp went back up to 824k and 1.08 mil.

Litlte surprised that no one has posted here about it. In the Adroid market reviews/comments section, there are people who experience had their exp reset as well.

I have email Team Lava, no response yet, and looks like they prefer the bugs to be reported here instead.

I am on a Samsung Epic, v2.2.1. I upgraded both BS and RS around midnight PDT last night and did not this, at least on BS. The XP bar in BS sometimes shows the correct XP and sometimes shows blank, but the XP is correct. I leveled up to Level 81 today on BS so no problem, and I leveled up just before I upgraded on RS so I didn't notice.

I would, however, like to know what you did to do a backup. What command, or what did you download?

I'm okay with this release, even with the annoying falling coins and XP on RS, but I can think of a previous release I would have loved to have backed out and I'm sure there'll be more in the future.

Rachael98
07-23-11, 02:11 PM
Weird glitch. Well, try what Tren suggested I suppose and see what Support say (DON'T post their reply here though!)

wintervale
07-23-11, 05:38 PM
I did try Trenae's suggestion to uninstall and reinstall, same result, still having to use the backup file at the end. Titanium Backup is the app I use to back up files. For BS and RS, I am playing on 1.1, if it's not too old (really, no major difference, the newer versions have the free gift with gem purchase popups), PM me, and I can try sending the apk.

No response from TL yet, but it's the weekend, don't suppose they are working. =)

talyon
07-23-11, 05:42 PM
Nope TL takes the weekend off to my knowledge, come on Monday. Lol. Hope u get your prob solved soon.

gobblies
07-23-11, 06:59 PM
I detest this... but it came to my advantage once.. but in a different way...

once i was playing RS, and i was tapping to cook portabello mushroom, but the app force closed.. when i reopened, i had 8 gems added to my gem count!

i had 111 gems, but when this happened, it automatically went to 119!

Sorry for being off topic... :p

CopperBoom
07-24-11, 12:35 AM
I also reinstalled the game but the issue remains. So I think it's a bug???

once i was playing RS, and i was tapping to cook portabello mushroom, but the app force closed.. when i reopened, i had 8 gems added to my gem count!

LOL I wish I'd get 8 free gems every time the app force closed! It's happening a lot lately. I noticed whenever I write a msg on the wall while the tipping is still going on, it force closes.

greygull
07-24-11, 09:06 AM
Ok, something different happened to me last night on Android. The night before, I had reached level 75. Just playing along through the day, happen to peek at my exp meter. The yellow was just past the 75. Last night, when I got on to take care of the food, I hit level 76! I know I didn't earn that much in that amount of time. Maybe something is off on TL's end with exp and Android. If I drop back down, that's fine by me, I know I shouldn't be there yet.

ariesblu
07-26-11, 01:49 AM
I have the same problem after the update. But I noticed that after tipping a nbr and commenting on their wall, the exp would return to normal. But everytime I start the app the exp would roll back again. Quite annoying >_<

The same exact thing is happening to me on both restaurant and bakery story. It is really annoying, and I worry when this issue will be fixed so I can continue to level on the way that I was. I've emailed support and am awaiting their response.

gobblies
07-26-11, 02:04 AM
that is annoying- also, when i serve and cook and prepare food, sometimes it does not save, and i lose coins and income.. ^~^

Rachael98
07-26-11, 06:03 AM

You lucky thing! TL should confiscate them:p.
I suppose then, CB, that it is a bug. That's a shame. Time to fix please, TL:).

terramat
07-26-11, 11:49 AM
Hi all, I am having the same issue with my Samsung driod. BS not having an issue with, but on RS my exp level isn't going up at all. GRR I know it has to be a bug, but hope it is fixed soon. :-)

0face
07-26-11, 12:00 PM
When you all check profile does it say the right exp to level?

I noticed that the experience bar is always(since yesterday) at a set amount when I first open the game. If I make stuff it'll go up. But as soon as I close and reopen it goes back to that set amount. However when I check profile its less and less each time to the next level.

When I first open the game it gives me 9,999,999 coins and 5,000 exp. Then itll go down to 24k coins and 24k exp. Then to my actual 83k and 40,600 exp. If I make something itll give me 40,612. But if I open game back up it'll be 40,600 again. Anyone else experiencing this glitch? the only reason I know this is because the game unexpectedly closes all the time now.

terramat
07-26-11, 01:34 PM
My exp isn't moving at all. It's been at 4,384 for a day now. :(

terramat
07-26-11, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry, I should clarify: My exp that isn't moving is the number that is under my profile. The exp number goes up while I am collecting coins and making food, but the bar isn't working. When I close out and go back in, my exp is back at what it was. I am going to be stuck at level 38 foreva! lol

greygull
07-26-11, 02:11 PM
For all: did you update within the last week to the newest version? I started noticing problems since the update.

Reporting bugs with new update:

There seem to be display issues since the update. Exp bar doesn't move, but under Profile it does change. When visiting, if you leave a message on a friends wall, all buttons disappear. They are still there, you can click on them, you just can't see them.

GroupMagma
07-26-11, 02:34 PM
This is a display issue; your experience is still compiling at the normal rate, it's just not showing that. We hope to fix this soon. :)

terramat
07-26-11, 02:48 PM
:cool:Figured it was from the recent update. Just glad I can continue to level up.