PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experiencing this?

cityerror
07-22-11, 04:59 PM
When I play RS, it can only last for for about 10 minutes or so before it starts lagging and then gradually gets even slower, then eventually it crashes. Just curious if it's happening to anyone else or is just me..

Rachael98
07-22-11, 05:05 PM
Device, iOS and game version? And just in RS or all TL games. I don't encounter this.

cityerror
07-22-11, 05:19 PM
It's just RS. I'm playing on an iPod touch 2g, version 3.1.3

greygull
07-22-11, 05:25 PM
I had the same thing happening, iPod Touch as well. Sorry, my solution probably isn't for you. I was extremely fortunate for my birthday this year, I received an iPad. I won't say you have to go buy one, I know how silly that is. One thing that did work for me before was checking for an update for the iPod, through the computer. I believe I also did a restart afterwords.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 05:27 PM
I had the same thing happening, iPod Touch as well. Sorry, my solution probably isn't for you. I was extremely fortunate for my birthday this year, I received an iPad. I won't say you have to go buy one, I know how silly that is. One thing that did work for me before was checking for an update for the iPod, through the computer. I believe I also did a restart afterwords.

Well, buying an iPad is quite an expensive solution, it has to be said...

greygull
07-22-11, 05:35 PM
Well, buying an iPad is quite an expensive solution, it has to be said...

That's why I said it was silly lol! Maybe all of us should urge family and friends to donate to iPad/new device funds!

Rachael98
07-22-11, 05:38 PM
That's why I said it was silly lol! Maybe all of us should urge family and friends to donate to iPad/new device funds!

I don't want a new device:p...I'm perfectly happy with my 4G iTouch!

greygull
07-22-11, 05:56 PM
I don't want a new device:p...I'm perfectly happy with my 4G iTouch!

If it was free?

Ok, back on topic. Cityerror, just another suggestion, try emailing support. Maybe the have a solution.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 06:03 PM
If it was free?

Ok, back on topic. Cityerror, just another suggestion, try emailing support. Maybe the have a solution.

I'd have it if it was free. But I'd really only use my iPod still;).
Support seem to have a new bug report policy; post it here:p.

cityerror
07-22-11, 06:56 PM
okay thank you anyway guys :)

jovenal
07-22-11, 07:40 PM
okay thank you anyway guys :)

well the problem with iPod Touch 2g is that it is a lot more limited in terms of processing power and available memory to run these games smoothly. so after awhile the game start to lag and eventually crashes. you can perform a cold hard reboot to force the iOS to rebuild. Doing so will optimize variety of things but it's only a temporary solution.

designsbybriana
07-22-11, 08:51 PM
I have a Droid X. I noticed sometimes there is a lag with the icons coming back up. If I double tap the screen it usually will bring them back but I'm only seeing the normal lag sometimes opening a restaurant and tipping.

Bakery and Restaurant Story id: designsbybriana
Visit my Bakery and Restaurant Story tutorial at http://rbtutorial.blogspot.com

lambyo
07-23-11, 07:23 AM
When the game starts to lag, double click the home button and close out the program. Then restart - the lag will stop. Also, get a memory manager app which will free up iPod/iPhone memory.

jovenal
07-23-11, 10:13 PM
When the game starts to lag, double click the home button and close out the program. Then restart - the lag will stop. Also, get a memory manager app which will free up iPod/iPhone memory.

The memory manager app will help cityerror free up some memory unfortunately double click the home button and close out the program does work work here since the user is using iOS3.1.3 and not 4.

kooky panda
07-24-11, 05:06 AM
The memory manager app will help cityerror free up some memory unfortunately double click the home button and close out the program does work work here since the user is using iOS3.1.3 and not 4.

Jovenal
Wow I am impressed. I have seen alot of your posts and you must be a tech expert!!. I did not know about the different idevices and this limitation on memory.
You really should start a new off topic thread on this. I think it would be very helpful for idevice users(and android if this is the same with their devices) .
This would be a great thread that we can refer members to when they are running slow and have issues when others are not.

jovenal
07-24-11, 10:06 AM
Jovenal
Wow I am impressed. I have seen alot of your posts and you must be a tech expert!!. I did not know about the different idevices and this limitation on memory.
You really should start a new off topic thread on this. I think it would be very helpful for idevice users(and android if this is the same with their devices) .
This would be a great thread that we can refer members to when they are running slow and have issues when others are not.

Thank you Kooky, I'll try doing that one of these days. after managing 4 iDevices of my own and several other that my friends and family owns, you learn a thing or two about these devices..such as retaining all your sms even after you set up your iPhone back to new. we're getting off the subject so..

To cityerror: another way to improve performance, try freeing up some disc space. iOS uses virtual memory to compensate for limited amount of RAM(memory) installed.

cityerror
07-24-11, 03:15 PM
Thank you, thank you :D <3

xcellent
07-25-11, 05:06 PM
Thank you Kooky, I'll try doing that one of these days. after managing 4 iDevices of my own and several other that my friends and family owns, you learn a thing or two about these devices..such as retaining all your sms even after you set up your iPhone back to new. we're getting off the subject so..

To cityerror: another way to improve performance, try freeing up some disc space. iOS uses virtual memory to compensate for limited amount of RAM(memory) installed.

I dont mean to be rude- and i understand it was just a typo error-..... but i cant help roflmao when i read ur second paragraph! :D

Just a question....i know this is off topic and im lazy to pm u and i hope the mods will not delete this, cos it could help other players too--- aside from cleaning history, cookies and caches in safari; deleting some unused applications- what are the other ways to clean ur phone memory?

Im using an ipad 1. Thnx Jovenal.... And i dont really mean to offend u in ur post..... ;-)

xcellent
07-25-11, 05:08 PM
Edit : Ooops i dont specifically mean phone only, i mean any device.....

jovenal
07-25-11, 11:58 PM
I dont mean to be rude- and i understand it was just a typo error-..... but i cant help roflmao when i read ur second paragraph! :D

Just a question....i know this is off topic and im lazy to pm u and i hope the mods will not delete this, cos it could help other players too--- aside from cleaning history, cookies and caches in safari; deleting some unused applications- what are the other ways to clean ur phone memory?

Im using an ipad 1. Thnx Jovenal.... And i dont really mean to offend u in ur post..... ;-)

Don't worry! I'm not easily offended. It looks like Matt already edited my post before I got the chance to see my typo. wish we could edit. I just hope I didn't offend anyone..

To answer your question.. here are some other ways to free up your hard drive. iPod lyrics and podcast info you can turn them off, archive/delete books that you finished reading (if you configured your iTunes in pc/mac correctly a copy of the book you purchased will be download automatically there; no need for syncing), remove movies/tv shows that you've already seen, for iOS4 users disable "keep normal Photo" because you're saving two copy of the same picture. I have iPad2 and a subscriber to The New Yorker, I make sure that after reading the magazine I archive it so it is stored in their sever instead of my iDevice saving me 50 to 60 MB per issue...so always achieve!

if you're looking into improving the performance of the older iDevices (iPhone, iPhone3G and iPod Touch 1g/2g) check out my other post. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14165-Can-t-Visit-Neighbors&p=95843#post95843

your iPad should be fine since it has 256 MB of DDR RAM and run @ 1GHz A4. enough power to run all the story games without a problem.

xcellent
07-26-11, 04:16 PM
Well done matt! ;-)

Thnx for the infos jovenal... ;-)
Well my ipad has lots of games (mostly free stuff from game center :D) No experience of lag except in RS and BS.. Either I lag in RS but not BS, or vice versa, but not both same time.... Wonder why?..........

jovenal
07-28-11, 06:02 PM
Well done matt! ;-)

Thnx for the infos jovenal... ;-)
Well my ipad has lots of games (mostly free stuff from game center :D) No experience of lag except in RS and BS.. Either I lag in RS but not BS, or vice versa, but not both same time.... Wonder why?..........

lags are mostly cause by TL push notification of their gem sales. iDevices lags whenever a pop up about to opens. also if you have too many apps open, this could also happens. open apps even if it's not currently running still takes valuable resources (memory).

btw, be careful downloading too many apps. I had a terrible experience with it. In my case, it seems like some apps had a conflict with other.

also you might want to move this to 'Off-Topic' before someone complains.