PDA

View Full Version : BS update for android

Numnah
07-22-11, 04:57 AM
I am thrilled to have this update from Team Lava. The ability to take pictures & the new sound effects, visit button on the wall and visiting neighbors you receive coins &/or exp. Well done folks, very well done!

Rachael98
07-22-11, 04:59 AM
Really? Absolutely fantastic news, thank you TL:D

designsbybriana
07-22-11, 08:07 AM
I love it. The only issue I have found is if you visit non-neighbors and write on their wall you no longer have navigation buttons (ie main, etc).
Love the visit icon on neighbor's walls so we can visit the people who post on their walls.

---------------------------------------
Bakery and Restaurant Story id: designsbybriana
Visit my Bakery and Restaurant Story tutorial at http://rbtutorial.blogspot.com

Nstamper22
07-22-11, 09:14 AM
I can take a picture of my bakery but it force closes when I try to save the pic :( Also my experience bar is not correct anymore. It was just under half full before the update and now it's empty? Anyone else have this problem?

lakim
07-22-11, 09:54 AM
thank u i love that i can take pic get extra coins visiting nb etc thanks for the upgrade r we goin to hv the same for resturant story

jaid666
07-22-11, 10:44 AM
I can take a picture of my bakery but it force closes when I try to save the pic :( Also my experience bar is not correct anymore. It was just under half full before the update and now it's empty? Anyone else have this problem?

You're not the only one, my exp bar won't show up as being even slightly filled. It looks like i only just leveled.

guatim
07-22-11, 11:05 AM
I am so happy to hv the updates. Thank you Team Lava:-)

solovee
07-22-11, 12:02 PM
Thank you Team Lava :D this is so cool!

twompy
07-22-11, 12:16 PM
when did this update happpen????

blondhorse
07-22-11, 12:26 PM

I was also wondering this. I see no change . I am running all update versions of the game on HTC Evo.

jaid666
07-22-11, 12:46 PM

It's a manual update that you have to download from the app store, not one of the weekly updates.

nmishii
07-22-11, 01:24 PM
This sounds great. Thanks for the info. Is just the display of the XP incorrect or did the XP get lost? I'm too close to leveliing up to lose the XP so if its lost I think I'll wait until I level up or it gets fixed. If its just the display then it doesn't matter to me in the short term.

Nstamper22
07-22-11, 01:58 PM
I think it's just the display.

jaid666
07-22-11, 02:00 PM
I'm agreeing with Nstamper, my exp amount is correct and it increases with the actions I take, but that exp bar no longer colors itself in as i gain exp. It just stays a blank white bar.

nmishii
07-22-11, 02:12 PM
Thank you. I think I'll go for it. I'll just wait to write on non-neighbors walls for a while since that seems to be an issue.

I also noticed that Restaurant Story and City Story have manual updates, so these features might be available on those games also, but I haven't installed them. Hope it becomes available on Farm Story shortly.

jaid666
07-22-11, 02:15 PM
Thank you. I think I'll go for it. I'll just wait to write on non-neighbors walls for a while since that seems to be an issue.

I also noticed that Restaurant Story and City Story have manual updates, so these features might be available on those games also, but I haven't installed them. Hope it becomes available on Farm Story shortly.

Haven't seen anything about the RS manual update, what effect has that one had on the game?

jaid666
07-22-11, 02:17 PM
Never mind that, the description just lists it as being "bug fixes".. so much for being hopeful about getting a drink machine xD

twompy
07-22-11, 06:03 PM
I found the update.. had to go into the android marketplace and do the update. pretty cool stuff. least i see they are working on some things for us.. lets hope they fix the drink / ice cream machines for us..

Rachael98
07-22-11, 06:04 PM
I found the update.. had to go into the android marketplace and do the update. pretty cool stuff. least i see they are working on some things for us.. lets hope they fix the drink / ice cream machines for us..

They said they're working on it, so I'd assume they will.

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:28 PM
Whenever I pick up tips now or gain exp from cooking, little stars fall down and I have to tap them to pick them up. Now, if you wait long enough they will collect themselves. However, I like to sometimes tap and go, you know, pick up tips real quick and make food and then close it immediately. However, because of this new system, I have to either manually tap all the exp / coins or wait for it to collect itself which takes about 15 seconds. If I am just going through real quick, I will actually LOSE the exp I would've gotten normally unless I wait. I know it's just 15 seconds, but what kind of update is that? I mean it's possible to forget to do this and you end up losing exp, even the big chunks you get from finishing food! It's preposterous. I like how they updated just to inconvenience me MORE in both RS and BS. Sigh.

What kind of update just makes it so it's possible to lose exp / tips or makes you now WAIT or WORK for something you used to just get in ONE TAP. I can't believe this. I wish I could remove this update.

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:30 PM
^ Testing further, you automatically get the big chunk of exp from finishing food, so there's that. However, you do have to manually get or wait for the exp you get from cooking food, the first bar from finishing the food and you have to collect both the coins AND the exp from tips =_=

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:31 PM
I apologize for so many posts, but there is no edit feature. What exactly am I tapping tips for? Apparently collecting tips now makes it so that they fall on the floor for some reason so you have to collect them JUST AS MUCH. I know you guys want people to play this as much as possible, but removing a nice feature such as automatic collecting is stupid beyond belief.

jaid666
07-22-11, 09:36 PM
Technically you don't HAVE to tap to collect the tips and exp from the floor. They'll automatically be collected after a few seconds just like in CS. It does become a pain when collecting tips or finishing recipes. Makes a bloody mess of everything especially with the insane size of those stars....

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:37 PM
Yes, I know, it takes 15 seconds. That is a long time. If they make them auto collect anyway, why not just you know, make it not happen. What kind of update removes a feature?! It should at least be OPTIONAL.

nmishii
07-22-11, 09:43 PM
Saphical, I think this stars feature is what the iDevice players were complaining about and wanted removed. While it is nice of TL to continue to upgrade the Android user's game with features that iDevice players have, they spent their time giving us a feature the iDevice players didn't want. Hopefully the drink machince and ice cream machine that Android players want isn't at the bottom of their queue and will come after other features we don't care about.

jaid666
07-22-11, 09:44 PM
I'm with you on this one, just pointing out they don't technically have to be collected manually. It drove me crazy when I realized that they started doing that splatter effect in CS but now they seem to have added it to BS and horrifyingly enough it'll probably end up in RS soon...

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:45 PM
That's great. They give us a feature people generally hate instead of giving us things everyone wants. It's nice to get the message pop up and the screnshot feature (I heard about a news feed, but didn't see one?) but I really can't believe this.

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:45 PM
^Edit: It's already in RS but only IF you download the manual update. I wish I knew before doing it ~_~

jaid666
07-22-11, 09:47 PM
Hopefully the drink machince and ice cream machine that Android players want isn't at the bottom of their queue and will come after other features we don't care about.

I would almost expect that kind of irony from TL... the desired features that Android users have been begging for and complaining about get the lowest importance while the ones that even the iDevice users hate with a passion are given the most importance... rofl

jaid666
07-22-11, 09:48 PM
^Edit: It's already in RS but only IF you download the manual update. I wish I knew before doing it ~_~
For once i'm glad i haven't gotten the update announcement yet... o.o

Saphical
07-22-11, 09:49 PM
It's not an announcement. You have to go to the marketplace to the app and download it manually. I'd avoid it for as long as possible, it sucks!!

jaid666
07-22-11, 09:54 PM
Will do Saph, thanks for the heads up!

CafeNatasha
07-23-11, 10:04 AM
Same thing is Happening to me with the Experience level also

Seedsaver
07-23-11, 10:58 AM
Agree that the "floating" stars & coins is just so wrong. And quite frankly, although cute, the only reason I ever needed to take a picture of my bakery was to enter the (now discontinued!) weekly contest.

I must say that TL was great when I dropped my phone in my Bellini last week & had to get a new phone. Withdrawals had barely be*** before they had me transferred & back in business. That tells me they CAN work more quickly than these issues would lead one to believe.

Maybe we should draft & sign a petition listing our complaints & desires...

Take care all.

Dentists Dream (Seedsaver) ;-p

regisrules89
07-24-11, 07:55 PM
I haven't been tipping my neighbors or clearing my tables regularly since the update, because it has just become too time consuming and will probably lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I also wanted to note that I was checking out Bakery Story on my friend's iPhone and noticed that she does not have to collect extra stars. Not sure why that is, but I know I'm envious!

I'm not a fan of the extra pop up window at start up for gifts, as if there weren't enough boxes to close already.

It is nice that we get coins/xp for visiting neighbors, but I personally don't think it's worth all the new inconveniences.

Just my two cents.

tsuyoin
07-24-11, 08:02 PM
I haven't been tipping my neighbors or clearing my tables regularly since the update, because it has just become too time consuming and will probably lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I also wanted to note that I was checking out Bakery Story on my friend's iPhone and noticed that she does not have to collect extra stars. Not sure why that is, but I know I'm envious!

I'm not a fan of the extra pop up window at start up for gifts, as if there weren't enough boxes to close already.

It is nice that we get coins/xp for visiting neighbors, but I personally don't think it's worth all the new inconveniences.

Just my two cents.

NO~ u dont need to pick those stars and coins! after u tip, if u wait awhile or even move to another page, the coins/stars will auto collect by the system.. u dont have to mannual collect them~~

regisrules89
07-25-11, 01:19 AM
NO~ u dont need to pick those stars and coins! after u tip, if u wait awhile or even move to another page, the coins/stars will auto collect by the system.. u dont have to mannual collect them~~

Ahh I thought they needed to be collected. That is a relief! Thank you

Saphical
07-29-11, 05:31 PM
Thank you for removing the floating stars / coins~ I'm so happy.

I don't understand why it wasn't removed in RS though :(

Rachael98
07-29-11, 05:32 PM
Thank you for removing the floating stars / coins~ I'm so happy.

I don't understand why it wasn't removed in RS though :(

They only appear on some games on some devices. So it might be that spend have them on BS and not RS;).

fabandfungirl
07-29-11, 06:45 PM
I got an update and I am seeing for the 1st time people requesting parts and a little box in the corner that looks like a table...to prepare food together,,,