PDA

View Full Version : regarding my closed thread

ghent96
07-21-11, 08:39 PM
The email itself SAID to come here and post the question. Did you even bother to read what I posted, Moderator?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14952-Waiting-on-email-response-to-missing-city-cash

Mattdiner: You are not allowed to post support emails in TeamLava forums and have already been told this. How about posting the bug directly so the community can see if they can help.

kooky panda
07-21-11, 09:06 PM
The email itself SAID to come here and post the question. Did you even bother to read what I posted, Moderator?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14952-Waiting-on-email-response-to-missing-city-cash

I will post it again, so you CAN read it:
Ghent 96
The thread was closed because you are not suppose to copy and paste emails you get from support not because you were
Notifying them of a problem.

ghent96
07-21-11, 09:12 PM
...so, "Support" says they think I am reporting a bug, and tell me to come here and post the report. If a Moderator here says that this is inappropriate and I have to go contact "Support", then who is actually right? Are the departments of TeamLava not communicating with each other properly?

The issue is, CityStory is force closing and I lose 5 city cash each time. Sounds like a bug to me. Now I can also understand how that might also sound like an account issue for Support to take corrective action on, since city cash is missing. Someone needs to figure it out, because for a player to get the runaround from Support and a Moderator seems inappropriate to me. Don't pass the buck. Just help out a player.

ghent96
07-21-11, 09:18 PM
Ghent 96
The thread was closed because you are not suppose to copy and paste emails you get from support not because you were
Notifying them of a problem.
I checked - there's nothing that I read in the forum rules about not posting excerpts of, or in their entirety, emails from support. Where did you read this or get this idea from?

kooky panda
07-21-11, 09:18 PM
It was posting the actual email that got your thread closed. No one is suppose to post copies of their emails from support.

I think support read the first top of email and sent you back to report the glitch, but they might of missed the bottom where you lost gems. I would reply back to them using your ticket number and let them know you reported the glitch on forum, but that you still need help getting your gems back.

kooky panda
07-21-11, 09:22 PM
I have seen GM close a couple of threads that did same thing.

jovenal
07-21-11, 09:45 PM
It was posting the actual email that got your thread closed. No one is suppose to post copies of their emails from support.

I think support read the first top of email and sent you back to report the glitch, but they might of missed the bottom where you lost gems. I would reply back to them using your ticket number and let them know you reported the glitch on forum, but that you still need help getting your gems back.

Kooky please check my latest reply regarding the ghent96 on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1474-Give-us-more-city-cash!
from what I can gather ghent96 issue is the "GUI lag and popups without any confirmation" and loses 5 CC every time. to me it looks like ghent96 is tapping the "Complete this Contract Instantly for 5 CC" unknowingly.
And this is more of a bug/glitz issue and support will revert it back to the forum.

kooky panda
07-22-11, 06:28 AM
Kooky please check my latest reply regarding the ghent96 on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1474-Give-us-more-city-cash!
from what I can gather ghent96 issue is the "GUI lag and popups without any confirmation" and loses 5 CC every time. to me it looks like ghent96 is tapping the "Complete this Contract Instantly for 5 CC" unknowingly.
And this is more of a bug/glitz issue and support will revert it back to the forum.

Good catch. If he is accidentally hitting the complete contract not a glitch. Support can look in his game to see why gems
Are gone and if he did use them accidentally to Complete the contract.
I think he had two questions for them and they missed the part about where did my gems go?

Rachael98
07-22-11, 06:35 AM
meSupport e-mails are meant to be confidential. I will shortly report this to a mod. again so the e-mail can be deleted. You should not be attempting to get round the moderator's actions. You are perfectly entitled to report a glitch. What you were attempting to report was not, so you should reply to them. The discussion and the post was not forum-appropriate. If their automated systems go wrong, then notify them. You don't need to create multiple threads to post things that mods say you shouldn't and report something that should be a Support (support@teamlava.com) matter.

kooky panda
07-22-11, 06:45 AM
meSupport e-mails are meant to be confidential. I will shortly report this to a mod. again so the e-mail can be deleted. You should not be attempting to get round the moderator's actions. You are perfectly entitled to report a glitch. What you were attempting to report was not, so you should reply to them. The discussion and the post was not forum-appropriate. If their automated systems go wrong, then notify them. You don't need to create multiple threads to post things that mods say you shouldn't and report something that should be a Support (support@teamlava.com) matter.
Rachel this has already been reported to GM

Rachael98
07-22-11, 06:48 AM
Rachel this has already been reported to GM

Oh...well, I've reported to Matt, online too.

xokay
07-22-11, 07:10 AM
I don't understand why people can't leave the moderator job to the moderators. It's like teacher pets from elementary school all over again. The mods will take care of it, especially given that this is a popular thread already. There are certain things we can help people with, but we aren't moderators and shouldn't act like them. It's pretty evident that ghen96 isn't attempting to break the rules, but just wants an answer to his/her problem and feels as though he's been given the run around by the company.

...so, "Support" says they think I am reporting a bug, and tell me to come here and post the report. If a Moderator here says that this is inappropriate and I have to go contact "Support", then who is actually right? Are the departments of TeamLava not communicating with each other properly?

The issue is, CityStory is force closing and I lose 5 city cash each time. Sounds like a bug to me. Now I can also understand how that might also sound like an account issue for Support to take corrective action on, since city cash is missing. Someone needs to figure it out, because for a player to get the runaround from Support and a Moderator seems inappropriate to me. Don't pass the buck. Just help out a player.

As for your problem: I'm sorry that you, like myself and many others, have found contacting support frustrating. Sometimes, I've found myself having to reply back to their emails several times, as the first email they send you is an automated response. It definitely seems like a support issue to me, and not a forum one. I really hope it works out for you if you reply back to that automated response.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 07:13 AM
I don't understand why people can't leave the moderator job to the moderators. It's like teacher pets from elementary school all over again. The mods will take care of it, especially given that this is a popular thread already. There are certain things we can help people with, but we aren't moderators and shouldn't act like them. It's pretty evident that ghen96 isn't attempting to break the rules, but just wants an answer to his/her problem and feels as though he's been given the run around by the company.

As for your problem: I'm sorry that you, like myself and many others, have found contacting support frustrating. Sometimes, I've found myself having to reply back to their emails several times, as the first email they send you is an automated response. It definitely seems like a support issue to me, and not a forum one. I really hope it works out for you if you reply back to that automated response.

Of course it's attempting to break the rules; GM said it was and it was obviously posted knowingly.

That's off-topic though. E-mailing Support is the only way to get the CC back.

xokay
07-22-11, 07:26 AM
Of course it's attempting to break the rules; GM said it was and it was obviously posted knowingly.

That's off-topic though. E-mailing Support is the only way to get the CC back.

Sorry, but he/she felt, understandably, ignored. I did the same thing when I was told about the support email thing, because I didn't understand the point of it. All that needed to be said was the reasoning for the rule, that they're supposed to be "confidential," and to try again since the first email you get is an automatic response. It doesn't exactly encourage people to continue using the forum if when they try, they are attacked for a little mistake.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 08:05 AM
Sorry, but he/she felt, understandably, ignored. I did the same thing when I was told about the support email thing, because I didn't understand the point of it. All that needed to be said was the reasoning for the rule, that they're supposed to be "confidential," and to try again since the first email you get is an automatic response. It doesn't exactly encourage people to continue using the forum if when they try, they are attacked for a little mistake.

It was not intended to be an attack. I am stating fact. It was knowingly posting something that a moderator had previously made explicitly clear was not meant to be posted.

xokay
07-22-11, 08:28 AM
It was not intended to be an attack. I am stating fact. It was knowingly posting something that a moderator had previously made explicitly clear was not meant to be posted.

It isn't your place to moderate the forums, though. And in any case this thread has come off rather abrasively, and if that was the first experience I had with the forum, I wouldn't exactly feel welcomed to the community.

kooky panda
07-22-11, 08:36 AM
Ghent..

I hope you come back and let us know if you get your gem issued resolved.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 08:56 AM
It isn't your place to moderate the forums, though. And in any case this thread has come off rather abrasively, and if that was the first experience I had with the forum, I wouldn't exactly feel welcomed to the community.

I am well aware that I am in no way any sort of forum moderator and at no point have I suggested that. I would have thought that it may be easier and/or quicker for the moderators if they have a link to any problematic threads. Perhaps it hasn't come off as planned, but it shouldn't have had the e-mail which had already been removed. If I have hurt, insulted or annoyed anyone, I'm very sorry though. It was certainly not my intention.
I'm now going to go towards what Kooky' saying. Best of luck!

GroupMagma
07-22-11, 12:43 PM
I checked - there's nothing that I read in the forum rules about not posting excerpts of, or in their entirety, emails from support. Where did you read this or get this idea from?

It's always been a general rule. Sorry for the confusion. There is now something in our Rules & Policies concerning this.

Rachael98
07-22-11, 01:55 PM
It's always been a general rule. Sorry for the confusion. There is now something in our Rules & Policies concerning this.

Thanks. And since when were your puns bad? Lol:p.

LanokaHarbor
07-22-11, 10:40 PM
Wow. I just read this thread and I am really sad this poor guy's first experience was such a bad one. Obviously he is a newbie and obviously he wasn't aware of all the rules. If it was me trying to get answers, I would never come back. I realize no one was intentionally trying to be abrasive, but realize forums have no way of emulating the emotion intended, and thus the reader interprets the text with his or her own idea. To me, this thread came off as pretty abrasive.

I was just wondering, after he broke this rule, and after he was repeatedly reported, did anyone who felt the need to do this, and do this publicly, initiate a PM to explain it to the poor soul? The point is, while we do a lot of self moderating around here, we can do so in a manner that should invite welcomeness and kindness. Words like: please, if you will, kindly etc... when responding or self moderating can go a long way.

gobblies
07-23-11, 05:36 AM
Wow! I didn't realize My forum buds could be so mean! I feel for you Ghent....

Rachael98
07-23-11, 07:15 AM
GM posted this:

This is not forum appropriate. Please do not post Support emails in the forums.

in the original thread.

LanokaHarbor
07-23-11, 10:15 PM
R98: Why are you on the defensive? What's your point? Obviously he knows that thread was closed. Obviously he read that. Obviously he ws frustrated about getting the run around.

The point I am trying to make is that there are kinder ways to approach the situation. This thread is generally an embarrassment to the way he was treated...whether his actions were inappropriate or not. He obviously didn't know the rules or was unable to find answers and was reaching out again. Instead of help, he got everyone jumping down his throat like he was some criminal.

And I say again, did anyone who felt the need to scold him like some child reach out to him outside the thread to try to help him? I would guess no. I checked his wall. No one wrote to him. If any of you really wanted to help him, you would have done that.

Instead, I feel like everyone was playing the forum police being all knowing and high and almighty, but failed to assist him in his quest for answers. Everyone was so quick to reprimand him but no one wanted to reach out the helping hand.

xcellent
07-25-11, 04:42 PM
R98: Why are you on the defensive? What's your point? Obviously he knows that thread was closed. Obviously he read that. Obviously he ws frustrated about getting the run around.

The point I am trying to make is that there are kinder ways to approach the situation. This thread is generally an embarrassment to the way he was treated...whether his actions were inappropriate or not. He obviously didn't know the rules or was unable to find answers and was reaching out again. Instead of help, he got everyone jumping down his throat like he was some criminal.

And I say again, did anyone who felt the need to scold him like some child reach out to him outside the thread to try to help him? I would guess no. I checked his wall. No one wrote to him. If any of you really wanted to help him, you would have done that.

Instead, I feel like everyone was playing the forum police being all knowing and high and almighty, but failed to assist him in his quest for answers. Everyone was so quick to reprimand him but no one wanted to reach out the helping hand.

Wow! U hit the nail there! Good observation!.... Maybe that's one reason Ghent never responded back in his/her thread....
From the 3 pages thread i only read 2 or 3 helpful forumers..... There is always a room to correct a mistake-- PM (personal message)..... Anyone?.......

As to Ghent.... Well i hope u got ur answer at this time.... Out of sync incident is already a long time issue.... Lost items and/or money were long been ignored (not that i saw any players who came back here and said they got back what they've lost).... As for losing gems, i dont even know if there are those who got theirs back.....

pinkster73
07-25-11, 09:15 PM
I feel bad for the original poster. A little manners and tact will go a long way. As for his technical issues I can't help much there :)

pinkster73
07-25-11, 09:16 PM
Just to be clear I wasn't saying the original poster needed tact and manners. Some of the people responding did.

GroupMagma
07-25-11, 11:47 PM
Alright guys, miscommunications happen. I'm sure no one intended to be rude. Let bygones be bygones.