PDA

View Full Version : Let us earn gems, please!!!

Unregistered
05-21-10, 08:52 AM
I would like to start this thread for the purpose of asking the developer to let us earn gems instead of just forcing us buy them. There are now so many exciting items available in the store and not being able to get them is quite disheartening. All the other apps in this category let you earn these (mojos, magic beans, farmville cash) besides the ability to buy them but, with "Farm Story" we only have the option to buy them :(
Please post your opinions and if you agree with me, support my request. Thank you!

Unregistered
05-21-10, 10:17 AM
Agreed. It would show that they are here to create a fun, interactive community-based game that they can also make a profit on. If they are trying to make a profit first at-all-costs - and game play comes second... well, it will only be so good, you know?

Badges and achievements in games are a huge draw to get people to play, if you don't have things we can 'earn' beside money, this game will fall off before it had a chance to climb. This isn't zombies. Don't pack up cause you blew it early... we want the games to succeed but from the angle of the user experience not holding our wallets hostage.

supercow
05-21-10, 03:11 PM
Badges and achievements in games are a huge draw to get people to play, if you don't have things we can 'earn' beside money, this game will fall off before it had a chance to climb. This isn't zombies. Don't pack up cause you blew it early... we want the games to succeed but from the angle of the user experience not holding our wallets hostage.

We are constantly working on user experience and most crops and decorations in the game are free. We will never block progress for those who do not wish to buy Gems--farm expansions and most crops and decorations will remain free.

We will continue make some decorations and items premium that cost money so that we can pay our artists to keep producing more crops and decorations for everyone. I hope you can understand that. But you should never feel like you are blocked from progressing. You should be able to always get to the highest level without paying any money.

Unregistered
05-21-10, 08:19 PM
Dear Supercow,
Thanks for your reply. However, it basically states that if one doesn't pay money there is no chance to get those goodies that are only obtainable with gems. Even farmville allows you to earn "cash", slowly, but it does.

I have a suggestion: Make it hard (for example 10,000 coins = 1 gem) but please leave the door open for earning gems.

I think this is reasonable thing to ask.

Thank you very much for a great game.

Unregistered
05-23-10, 01:14 AM
Hi
I do understand that the artists, company or basicly the team should earn real money somehow but as a long time gamer I am telling you that if the benefits or advantages that are given to players who pay is way supperior then you lose players. No1 is intrested to play a game that works in a way that if you spend real money (or more money) you ll be more successfull and alot faster. I am not saying you should give us what you give players who pay but let us earn gems somehow. like every zilion coin gives you a gem or smthing. It does not make you make less money. Trust me. Even as a player you dont wana buy smthing that you are being forced to buy. Let me explain this way. Lets say there is an item called X in the game and it costs 20 gems. basicly now a player either has to pay or dont use item X. So most ppl put that item "off" thier list. but if there is a way to get item X but its hard and time consuming then the same player who would not pay for item X that was only for sell might pay and get the item casue he is too lazy. I dont know if what i said made scence to you or not but as you can tell my english is not that great.

PS: awsome awsome game. Great Idea and even Greater desighn, very user friendly and very very multiplayer friendly. Hope to see more great projects from your team. Best of lucks

Denobones
05-23-10, 02:52 AM
The deal is with buying gems is behind the game is people working for you guys and gals to play it they run servers 24/7 power for computers ect ect this is the reason behind paying for gems just to say thank you for all you do for us Teamlava....

So I will doubt they will be doing this n e time soon they need 2 reliay on sales of gems but again if you people like this game what is 5 10 20 bucks here and there to say thanks...?