PDA

View Full Version : Losing clothes but getting coins, bug.

celshark
07-20-11, 07:45 AM
I have seen many other people mention this but I wanted to go into a little more detail as to what I am doing when it happens. Basically, the game is crashing and registering all my clothes as being sold in one shot. When I re-enter the game, I get paid in one lump sum. This had happened to me enough times for me to notice certain common attributes which I will explain here.

For the record, I'm using a brand new ipod touch 4th gen, running latest software.

1)I have my boutique door blocked because all my clothes have gone missing.
2) Once my orders are ready I fill up my shop (also using gifts) and unblock the door.
3) I start visiting neighbors and "liking" their stuff and leaving messages.
4) About %50 of the time, my game will crash and I'll come back and find the aforementioned results.

My suspicions are that sometime during my constant loading of different boutiques, someone may visit my place and try "liking" my stuff or messaging me. I think this is when he crash occurs.

Just putting it out there, just in case anybody might be wondering.

kooky panda
07-20-11, 08:00 AM
I have not had this problem(on iphone 4) but I thought I saw some posts that on fashion you should not block your door, but your cash register.
Some people have claimed that blocking the doors will cause the quick sell of all items.

Rachael98
07-20-11, 08:46 AM
I have not had this problem(on iphone 4) but I thought I saw some posts that on fashion you should not block your door, but your cash register.
Some people have claimed that blocking the doors will cause the quick sell of all items.

This is also what I gathered. Try this instead, Cel. What are the results?

DABNZ
07-24-11, 02:59 PM
For the record, I am also experiencing the loss of clothes in a very short amount of time. I am using an Ipad2. I used to block the door and this didn't happen, but it started to, so I blocked the cash registers instead, still happening! Makes the game not so enjoyable, as I work for ages building my stock up to see it all go at once, leaving nothing for my neighbors to tip. I don't want to start losing neighbors cos they think I am not playing the game.

yanny7
07-28-11, 12:24 PM
actually, i like that kind of glitch so i can earn coins faster. Well, in my store, i only sell 8 items. four racks, four counters. However, I use rest of the recks(full with clothes) /counters (full with accessories)/display items for decoration purposes. In order to prevent clothes selling that fast, i use floor lamps or plants or any decorations item to block it. So it seems like my store is full of in-stock items, but only selling 8 hope this helps!

kooky panda
07-28-11, 12:34 PM
For the record, I am also experiencing the loss of clothes in a very short amount of time. I am using an Ipad2. I used to block the door and this didn't happen, but it started to, so I blocked the cash registers instead, still happening! Makes the game not so enjoyable, as I work for ages building my stock up to see it all go at once, leaving nothing for my neighbors to tip. I don't want to start losing neighbors cos they think I am not playing the game.

I do not have the problem(on iphone 4) but I have enough inventory out so I do not have to close shop. When you are playing and go visit nbrs do you lose everything when you come back?
One thing I did notice when I first started, that when I ran the short term clothes and put them out overnight, they did sell out a lot faster than the long term clothes, so I started running both short and long. I also have noticed that my rack items seem to sell slower than my counter items.

You can also delete the game and re down load it. It can help. I have had to do this when my games starts freezing alot.

pchaneats
07-29-11, 06:23 AM

Using ipad1, updated latest everything less than 4 weeks ago. All the clothes I worked on over a week, gone. Similar to everyone mentioned here. Further, blocking the cash register.... customer satisfaction rating will decrease.. Not ideal... It's rather demoralizing to have a sorry looking empty shop.... It happens so much :'-(

tsuyoin
07-29-11, 06:49 AM
if u closed your store for long, when u open again the system will sum up whatever number of clothes u should have sold in the past few days. If you want to keep your items for longer, leave it on for 5 to 10minutes then it should be fine.

foxybrown1g
07-31-11, 05:18 PM
This is the third time it's happened to me.

I am so frustrated. I worked so hard to fill my shop and it's as if it was all for nothing. Here's what happened. My store is 13 X 16 and I am level 41. I have 27 racks, 44 tables, 6 changing rooms, 7 free standing mirrors, 3 registers, and 2 boutique doors. All of my racks and tables are filled with a variety of clothing, including free gifts. Every rack and table had a unique item (for example I didn't have 2 racks with the same item. Same with the tables, all unique items). So I open my store, customers started flooding in, then the game crashed. When I logged back in all of my items were gone and I got the message, "You made 126k gold while you were away". I was gone for maybe a minute, just long enough to log back in. I play on an iPad 1. It's fully updated. I keep reading these forums for help with this but I haven't seen a message from the Developers saying that they are working on it. I hope they are. Part of the fun of this game for me is stocking my store fully and watching the customers. Also, juggling my ordering with how fast my inventory disappears. Now I have to start all over again.

Could the developers please message us and let us know if you are trying to fix this issue? Thank you.

kooky panda
07-31-11, 06:12 PM

I am so frustrated. I worked so hard to fill my shop and it's as if it was all for nothing. Here's what happened. My store is 13 X 16 and I am level 41. I have 27 racks, 44 tables, 6 changing rooms, 7 free standing mirrors, 3 registers, and 2 boutique doors. All of my racks and tables are filled with a variety of clothing, including free gifts. Every rack and table had a unique item (for example I didn't have 2 racks with the same item. Same with the tables, all unique items). So I open my store, customers started flooding in, then the game crashed. When I logged back in all of my items were gone and I got the message, "You made 126k gold while you were away". I was gone for maybe a minute, just long enough to log back in. I play on an iPad 1. It's fully updated. I keep reading these forums for help with this but I haven't seen a message from the Developers saying that they are working on it. I hope they are. Part of the fun of this game for me is stocking my store fully and watching the customers. Also, juggling my ordering with how fast my inventory disappears. Now I have to start all over again.

Could the developers please message us and let us know if you are trying to fix this issue? Thank you.

Have you tried to delete game and re down it from app store??

foxybrown1g
08-07-11, 07:08 PM
Have you tried to delete game and re down it from app store??

I will try this. It JUST happened to me again. It seems to be getting worse. Now every time I stock my store and open it, I lose everything. Thank goodness I am at least getting the coin for it but it's so upsetting to not be able to play the game the way I would like to. :(

kimsi23
08-11-11, 12:34 PM
This is exactly what happens to me too. I have posted regarding this issue in the past. I was just about ready to quit playing it, but decided to give it another try. It worked fine last weekend. Then came Monday and restocking. I got everything stocked back up by Wednesday evening (like you I do one item per rack, at least 800 items on the rack and 1 item per table, same quantities. Most of the quantities are actually 1,000 or more). I unblock my register, go visit a neighbor - come back and every single item gone. It is beyond frustrating, because it really takes so much of the enjoyment out of it. There is no consistency to it either, I went weeks without it happening and then after the blue dress catalog came out it started to do it again (3 times in one week, every time I restocked).

I have blocked my door, I have blocked my register, I have reloaded the game, I have done everything suggested and NOTHING has helped. I hate to stop playing since I have invested cash in the darn thing with my gem purchases, but after this restocking I'm doing right now - if it does it again, I'm done. It's not worth it if it's not fun anymore.
It is clearly a bug that many people across platforms are experiencing, I don't know why it can't be fixed.
When the game works correctly, it is a pleasure to play.

kooky panda
08-11-11, 12:46 PM
I can send this over to be looked at but I will need the following information for each player having a problem with this issue:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number
2. Your games version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
3. A description of the problem, and what you were doing when the problem occurred
4. If possible, a screenshot of the problem

If you have already posted, please reply to your own post with the above information.

kimsi23
08-11-11, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kooky -- I'll post that info later. I appreciate your response!!! You responded to me previously too and I tried your suggestions, so thanks again!

zoroak
08-11-11, 01:56 PM
Had the same problem when I blocked the boutique door and cash register or just the boutique door. Problem resolved when I just blocked the register, not the door. Noticed you said you have 3 registers and 2 doors, maybe if you stored 2 registers and 1 door, as well as blocking the remaining register, it might help?