PDA

View Full Version : Contract Comparison

FallingReign
09-20-10, 09:34 PM
Most people think that the shorter the time the more cash you get out of your contract at the end. This is good in theory but when you take into consideration how long the contracts take, the cost of startup, etc, this isn't always the case.

Below is a few tables that may help you make the right decision on your next contracts.

Product Time Coins Per Min. (CPM)
Popsicles 1 Minute 130.00
Mini-Pretzels 15 Minutes 40.00
Bottled Water 30 Minutes 33.33
Candy Bars 5 Minutes 30.00
Hula Hoops 15 Minutes 29.33
Build-o Blocks 1 Hour 21.67
Coffee Makers 12 Hours 17.92
Pogo Sticks 5 Hours 17.00
Frozen Dinners 3 Hours 16.11
Friendship Bracelets 1 Hour 13.33
Fashionable Jackets 1 Day 8.82
MP3 Players 2 Days 7.99
Evening Gowns 6 Hours 7.78
Blow Dryers 12 Hours 6.25
Video Games 3 Hours 5.56
Sporty Sneakers 1 Day 5.07

Taking into consideration the amount of time and the potential earnings, then the clear choice would be Popsicles. If you are able to start this at least every 3 minutes this would be the best coin generator.

If you don't want to constantly have to sign new contracts and prefer to take a break, do something that takes a little longer such as Bottled Water. I find this one great while I'm watching TV or surfing the web as it doesn't take that long to set up a new contract and it doesn't distract me too much.
Even Build-o Blocks are good if you just want to waste an hour or something.

Make sense so far? Good because here is where people make the biggest mistake. People tend to choose a product like Frozen Dinners or Evening gowns when they want to waste a good, few hours of time, and not have to constantly set up contracts.
Looking at the chart above why would you go for something like friendship bracelets when you could contract Coffee Makers?
Coffee Makers are where its at! You don't have to do constantly select new contracts, and they last a whole 12 hours! Unless you really cant touch your iPhone for a day or 2. These are an awesome coin generator.

So finally, here are my TOP PICKS!

1. Mini-Pretzels
2. Bottled Water
3. Build-o Blocks
4. Coffee Makers
5. Fashionable Jackets

These are my favourite contracts because they cover a good time span.
Starting at 15 Minutes and ending at 1 Day, they are in order of CPM.

THE STRATEGY!
This is what I do, and I'm not saying its the best way to do anything. But it's convenient for me and works if you don't want to invest a lot of time.
I don't like to spend a whole lot of money, I just do what I can to get by, while I generate enough coin to get set up for the long run. I have built a small town and don't plan to expand or purchase any more buildings until I can afford the really cool stuff.
I only build factories when they are available, and burn contracts for XP (I'll explain this further down).

Usually if I'm not doing much and just sitting around I'll contract Bottled Water to all of my Factories.
If I want to **** a bit more time I will do Build-o Blocks instead.

If I'm busy all day or I am going to bed, I will contract Coffee Makers to all of my Factories.

Once I have a fair bit of cash and I feel like leveling up. I will sit there for a few minutes Burning Contacts.
Basically what this means is to start a contract, and then cancel it straight away, losing coin but gaining XP.
Doing this over and over can really help you level quickly.

The best 2 contracts to do this with are MP3 Players & Fashionable Jackets.
These 2 contracts give the most XP when started and help you level very fast. However they end up costing you about 20 coins per 1 XP.
If you have the time to sit there forever burning contracts, you should choose Video Games and Candy Bars. These cost you about 8 coins per XP.

So... How to BURN CONTRACTS!
1. Start MP3 Players contract.
2. Tap the factory twice to Manage.
3. Tap "Cancel this Contract and start a new one?"
4. Start Fashionable Jackets contract.
5. Tap the factory twice to Manage.
6. Tap "Cancel this Contract and start a new one?"
7. Go to step 1.

================================================== ==========
Hope this has helped some of you, or at least been an interesting read.

P.S. Add FallingReign

FallingReign
09-21-10, 12:15 AM
Most people think that the shorter the time the more cash you get out of your contract at the end. This is good in theory but when you take into consideration how long the contracts take, the cost of startup, etc, this isn't always the case.

Below is a few tables that may help you make the right decision on your next contracts.

Product------------------ Time------------ Coins Per Min. (CPM)
Popsicles---------------- 1 Minute-------- 130.00
Mini-Pretzels------------ 15 Minutes----- 40.00
Bottled Water---------- 30 Minutes----- 33.33
Candy Bars------------- 5 Minutes------- 30.00
Hula Hoops------------- 15 Minutes------ 29.33
Coffee Makers--------- 12 Hours-------- 17.92
Pogo Sticks------------- 5 Hours--------- 17.00
Frozen Dinners--------- 3 Hours-------- 16.11
Friendship Bracelets--- 1 Hour--------- 13.33
Build-o Blocks----------- 2 Hours-------- 10.83
Fashionable Jackets--- 1 Day---------- 8.82
MP3 Players------------- 2 Days-------- 7.99
Evening Gowns--------- 6 Hours------- 7.78
Blow Dryers------------- 12 Hours------ 6.25
Video Games------------ 3 Hours------- 5.56
Sporty Sneakers------- 1 Day---------- 5.07

Taking into consideration the amount of time and the potential earnings, then the clear choice would be Popsicles. If you are able to start this at least every 3 minutes this would be the best coin generator.

If you don't want to constantly have to sign new contracts and prefer to take a break, do something that takes a little longer such as Bottled Water. I find this one great while I'm watching TV or surfing the web as it doesn't take that long to set up a new contract and it doesn't distract me too much.

Make sense so far? Good because here is where people make the biggest mistake. People tend to choose a product like Frozen Dinners or Evening gowns when they want to waste a good, few hours of time, and not have to constantly set up contracts.
Looking at the chart above why would you go for something like friendship bracelets when you could contract Coffee Makers?
Coffee Makers are where its at! You don't have to do constantly select new contracts, and they last a whole 12 hours! Unless you really cant touch your iPhone for a day or 2. These are an awesome coin generator.

So finally, here are my TOP PICKS!

1. Mini- Pretzels
2. Bottled Water
3. Coffee Makers
4. Fashionable Jackets
5. MP3 Players

These are my favourite contracts because they cover a good time span.
Starting at 15 Minutes and ending at 1 Day, they are in order of CPM.

THE STRATEGY!
This is what I do, and I'm not saying its the best way to do anything. But it's convenient for me and works if you don't want to invest a lot of time.
I don't like to spend a whole lot of money, I just do what I can to get by, while I generate enough coin to get set up for the long run. I have built a small town and don't plan to expand or purchase any more buildings until I can afford the really cool stuff.
I only build factories when they are available, and burn contracts for XP (I'll explain this further down).

Usually if I'm not doing much and just sitting around I'll contract Bottled Water or Mini-Pretzels to all of my Factories.

If I'm busy all day or I am going to bed, I will contract Coffee Makers to all of my Factories.

NOTE: If you are not at least doing Bottled water every 30 minutes you might as well contract Coffee Makers

Once I have a fair bit of cash and I feel like leveling up. I will sit there for a few minutes Burning Contacts.
Basically what this means is to start a contract, and then cancel it straight away, losing coin but gaining XP.
Doing this over and over can really help you level quickly.

The best 2 contracts to do this with are MP3 Players & Fashionable Jackets.
These 2 contracts give the most XP when started and help you level very fast. However they end up costing you about 20 coins per 1 XP.
If you have the time to sit there forever burning contracts, you should choose Video Games and Candy Bars. These cost you about 8 coins per XP.

So... How to BURN CONTRACTS!
1. Start MP3 Players contract.
2. Tap the factory twice to Manage.
3. Tap "Cancel this Contract and start a new one?"
4. Start Fashionable Jackets contract.
5. Tap the factory twice to Manage.
6. Tap "Cancel this Contract and start a new one?"
7. Go to step 1.

Hope this has helped some of you, or at least been an interesting read.

P.S. Add FallingReign

jonesybird
09-21-10, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the research and its cool to know about the burning thing. was curious but didnt want to try! Thanks

...now on to finding ways to earning tons of city cash...for free!

Unregistered
09-21-10, 08:15 PM
thank you for your information. I am now know what to choose.
Before, I just think build mp3 player is best!

Unregistered
09-21-10, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the research and its cool to know about the burning thing. was curious but didnt want to try! Thanks

...now on to finding ways to earning tons of city cash...for free!

yeah! I also want to know how to earn free city cash!

x8xOneWingedAngelx8x
09-24-10, 03:05 PM
This really should be stickified

Rasmus
10-05-10, 05:04 AM
Excellent comparison!
Thanks. Added you :) Others should add 'kinnerup'

By the way; how do you add your personal profile picture? I see that you have a picture other than the cartoon male / female.

xxDruMMer BoYxx
10-06-10, 01:12 PM
yes id like to know also how you got the profile pic instead of the male/female avatar.

farmerrobbo
10-06-10, 09:34 PM
You don't have change bots in your list.

FallingReign
10-07-10, 07:57 PM
At the time of writing I hadn't unlocked the change bots yet. They are very similar to coffee makes but more XP
However, here is an updated list with them included.

Product------------------ Time------------ Coins Per Min. (CPM)
Popsicles---------------- 1 Minute-------- 130.00
Mini-Pretzels------------ 15 Minutes----- 40.00
Bottled Water---------- 30 Minutes----- 33.33
Candy Bars------------- 5 Minutes------- 30.00
Hula Hoops------------- 15 Minutes------ 29.33
Coffee Makers--------- 12 Hours-------- 17.92
Change Bots----------- 12 Hours-------- 17.50
Pogo Sticks------------- 5 Hours--------- 17.00
Frozen Dinners--------- 3 Hours-------- 16.11
Friendship Bracelets--- 1 Hour--------- 13.33
Build-o Blocks----------- 2 Hours-------- 10.83
Fashionable Jackets--- 1 Day---------- 8.82
MP3 Players------------- 2 Days-------- 7.99
Evening Gowns--------- 6 Hours------- 7.78
Blow Dryers------------- 12 Hours------ 6.25
Video Games------------ 3 Hours------- 5.56
Sporty Sneakers------- 1 Day---------- 5.07

Unregistered
10-15-10, 08:47 AM
I would like to share the newly added Contracts for comparison.

The last two columns are of significance. You may opt to use the last column if you're up to increasing levels than increasing coins.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/60/69/58016960/photos/misc/contractsnew.jpg (http://ayashinodewi.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=102698846)

Unregistered
10-15-10, 01:37 PM
A lot of info here

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnUymFFL3mW6dHR5clRtRFJ5WC02TzcycDhQSUZzQ 3c&hl=en

Unregistered
10-30-10, 12:10 PM
A lot of info here

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnUymFFL3mW6dHR5clRtRFJ5WC02TzcycDhQSUZzQ 3c&hl=en

Please revise your hours and minutes on the contract list.
1 day = 24 hrs - 1440 minutes, not 1320 minutes
2 days = 48 hours - 2880 minutes, not 2760

Supervolcano
10-30-10, 01:17 PM
Please revise your hours and minutes on the contract list.
1 day = 24 hrs - 1440 minutes, not 1320 minutes
2 days = 48 hours - 2880 minutes, not 2760
Not according to TeamLava.
;)

Check for yourself in the game.
1 day contracts take 22 hours (1320 minutes).
2 day contracts take 46 hours (2760 minutes).

And I thank TeamLava for doing it this way as it allows you to collect on your contract at "roughly" the same time each day (with 2 hours leeway) instead your whole week's schedule being pushed later and later just because you're running late one day.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:57 AM
my apologies then :)

Unregistered
11-01-10, 03:52 AM
So then, Breakfast Cereal would be the most ideal choice for faster coins? Assuming one can devot time every 15 minutes?

chvchv & chvchv2
11-01-10, 10:13 AM
So then, Breakfast Cereal would be the most ideal choice for faster coins? Assuming one can devot time every 15 minutes?

Yes.
-----------

Unregistered
11-22-10, 12:49 PM
And it is time to ... Bump.

chvchv & chvchv2
11-23-10, 10:19 AM
And it is time to ... Bump.

Lady bump... lady bump... ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh... yeaaaaaahhhhhh!

Oops... That was Silver Convention... A long time ago. Nobody knows this probably.

What's the average age of CS players anyway?!?

Unregistered
01-19-11, 12:31 PM
Oh snap, with new updated contracts.. anyone know the best way to manage contracts to get the most bang for your buck?

Supervolcano
01-19-11, 03:46 PM
I have no life, so let me make a new spreadsheet.

Supervolcano
01-19-11, 06:20 PM
Spreadsheet has been updated with new contracts.

Dunroamin
01-20-11, 11:42 AM
Thane for your work SV

Unregistered
01-20-11, 12:09 PM
I have no life, so let me make a new spreadsheet.

Ya don't say?!

Supervirgin
01-20-11, 12:51 PM
Thane for your work SV

I appreciate your thanes!

renesisx
01-20-11, 04:15 PM
Thank you for putting in the hard work to update this. Very much appreciated.

Could you add an extra column to the Contracts sheet to show what reward is gained from mastering a contract?

Unregistered
01-20-11, 09:30 PM
Thank you for putting in the hard work to update this. Very much appreciated.

Could you add an extra column to the Contracts sheet to show what reward is gained from mastering a contract?
Column "R" already lists all the Mastery Rewards for each key.

Unregistered
01-21-11, 03:19 PM
I appreciate your thanes!

Best name ever man!