PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of the gloves, mats, and wiring?

ndurette13
07-17-11, 04:36 AM
Can anyone tell me what the gloves, wiring, and welcome mats are for? I keep asking my neighbors, but no one ever responds. My gift box is cluttered with them! I have neighbors that ask for them, so I know there is a purpose somewhere.

hectorloch
07-17-11, 04:51 AM
It seems that there may be further constructible items yet to be released which will use them. So, just save them up.

ndurette13
07-17-11, 04:57 AM
If they are yet to be released, how is it neighbors are asking for them already? I get material requests for wiring quite often, but the neighbor won't answer my questions about what they are for.

hectorloch
07-17-11, 05:20 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant just gloves and welcome mats - should have paid more attention. You mean all the building materials, bricks, concrete, shingles, tiles, wiring, boards etc. Theses are used in the so called "constructables". These are buildings, currently a plain silo, a shed and covered well which you buy in the Store, place on your Farm but which you then have to collect various building materials to complete. If you buy one - 10,000 - tapping on it will bring up a sub-menu in which you can ask your nbr's for various component parts. These are the requests you are receiving.

The mat and gloves are currently on the gift list but are not needed for any of the three current constructable buildings.

ndurette13
07-17-11, 05:40 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant just gloves and welcome mats - should have paid more attention. You mean all the building materials, bricks, concrete, shingles, tiles, wiring, boards etc. Theses are used in the so called "constructables". These are buildings, currently a plain silo, a shed and covered well which you buy in the Store, place on your Farm but which you then have to collect various building materials to complete. If you buy one - 10,000 - tapping on it will bring up a sub-menu in which you can ask your nbr's for various component parts. These are the requests you are receiving.

The mat and gloves are currently on the gift list but are not needed for any of the three current constructable buildings.

I've built all the constructables. There was no need for wiring (for me anyway) for the silo, shed, or well. I've built quite a few of each because my neighbors insist on sending me materials. Maybe I use different materials than my neighbors for these?

MiniLaura
07-17-11, 06:01 AM
I've needed wiring for something, but I don't remember which. I've made only the shed and the well. Perhaps the materials needed for each item is somewhat randomized.

hectorloch
07-17-11, 06:28 AM
They are all different - some common parts. But you will need wiring for the Tool Shed although not for the other two.

samcha
08-04-11, 07:53 PM
Is there any way I can sell the constructible items my neighbors keep gifting me? I only needed materials for 2 buildings and I have enough to supply NYC! My neighbors continue to send them even though I've asked them not to. Help! What do I do with them now?!

jovenal
08-04-11, 08:02 PM
Is there any way I can sell the constructible items my neighbors keep gifting me? I only needed materials for 2 buildings and I have enough to supply NYC! My neighbors continue to send them even though I've asked them not to. Help! What do I do with them now?!

you can't sell them 'cuz you can't place them on your farm.

scrappybug
08-07-11, 08:51 AM

what I do is I place a constructible item on my farm once I have collected enough materials from my nbrs. gifting, than build it and sell it. that way you get more XP's to advance in the levels and gets rid of your excess construction materials. or you can just decline the gift and the nbr will never know.

MrsShrek
08-07-11, 03:20 PM
Correct, you can decline the gift & the nbr won't know. If you accept it, it counts toward your 20 gifts you can receive. It would be a shame if you accepted it & gift 21 was for a dog bowl. ;-) Just decline what you do not want.

I have one nbr that sends me trees. ;-) Very nice person, but just doesn't understand. I just decline because I have plenty of other nbrs that send me the bowls. ;-)

colobuffgirl
11-21-11, 10:36 AM
I think the wiring is for the haunted barn? I don't know.