PDA

View Full Version : Bought flooring on accident, why can't I sell it??

frenchdora
07-16-11, 11:06 PM
I accidentally bought a flooring that I didn't want and I was wondering why I can't sell it. I don't want it and I will never use it. I wasted money on accident and I want some of it back even if its not that much. Help??

kooky panda
07-17-11, 05:53 AM
Selling floors and walls is not an option. Sorry

pp84
07-17-11, 06:47 AM
Yeah you can't sell your floor tiles, you can just change them by buying new tiles n using them.

xSnowyOwlx
07-17-11, 04:09 PM
I think it has something to do with the way the design mode is set up. To change a floor tile or wallpaper, you have to replace it with another but if you sell it what would replace it?
I've done this myself and I was frustrated with my dumb method of not paying attention at the time (I meant to lay a floor tile I had in storage and didn't look but selected the one right next to it in the design mode that I didn't have any of and that tile cost me a gem).

Dolphin121
07-17-11, 07:15 PM
That is stupid because you could get money back!

xSnowyOwlx
07-18-11, 11:21 AM
That is stupid because you could get money back!

Well, can you figure out a way for them to make it so a new unit of floor tile or a new unit of wallpaper suddenly appears once you sell the old one? The way they have it set up, you have to have the item out on the floor of your game in order to sell it in the first place, you can't sell it from storage.

DAISIE33
07-18-11, 12:47 PM
I hate that and I bought some expensive ones but turned out weird and I can't sell them why?

MFAcct
08-09-11, 12:58 PM
I agree, flooring/wallpaper should be able to be sold. Also, I've misclicked and bought the same tile for a space twice, however an additional one does not show up in storage and just wastes your money.

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 01:24 PM
I agree, flooring/wallpaper should be able to be sold. Also, I've misclicked and bought the same tile for a space twice, however an additional one does not show up in storage and just wastes your money.

Every time I've done this (which has been quite a few times), I've had one added to my inventory. I'll go try it again right now to see if that's changed...

Edit- just checked, hasn't changed. I bought a new tile, placing it on the same tile, and had X1 in my inventory.

Edit Edit- Overlooked that this topic is about Fashion Story. My reply is how tiles work for me in Restaurant Story.

MFAcct
08-09-11, 01:28 PM
I also checked again with a concrete, a duplicate did not show up in my inventory. Not sure why this would happen on my device and not yours.

MFAcct
08-09-11, 01:29 PM
This has also happened to me on restaurant story, not sure abou other games.

kooky panda
08-09-11, 01:48 PM
This has also happened to me on restaurant story, not sure abou other games.

MFacct
Let us know if after updating the current iphone version to 4.3.5 if this gets fixed. (he had another problem on another game)

Mogwai4111
08-09-11, 01:48 PM
Geez I'm sorry totally missed that this was fashion story. I thought we were talking about Restaurant Story =/

Not sure how it works on FS. Don't play that one.

kooky panda
08-09-11, 01:53 PM
Geez I'm sorry totally missed that this was fashion story. I thought we were talking about Restaurant Story =/

Not sure how it works on FS. Don't play that one.

flooring works the same...

I am finding a lot of issues ppl are having on idevices is that they have not updated to the most recent 4.3.5. version.

MFAcct
08-10-11, 04:59 AM
Ok, well I tried updating and twice when it was almost done it said my connection timed out. If anyone has tips on how to force it to update I'm all ears!

kooky panda
08-10-11, 06:30 AM
Ok, well I tried updating and twice when it was almost done it said my connection timed out. If anyone has tips on how to force it to update I'm all ears!
My iTunes has done this before. I just restarted my computer. Then it worked.
Also mAke sure you do have the most current version of iTunes downloaded.