PDA

View Full Version : Please tl!!!!

jaid666
07-15-11, 11:26 PM
Hey Teamlava a few requests if you could manage them.

1) Either get rid of the energy bar, decrease the amount of time required to regenerate energy, increase the amount of energy a player can have, or make it possible to purchase energy upgrades (for coins not gems!!!) just like with the expansions that can be purchased.

The current use of an energy limit is ridiculous and seems aimed more at restricting the amount of actions a player can perform. I understand that encouraging players to purchase gems to buy energy refills is a great way for you guys to make a profit but so far the limit has been more of a frustration than anything else.

2) Increase the 10k limit on food stores, or allow us to build/purchase a building like a silo that can be used to increase the amount of food we can store.

The current limit makes it impossible to keep up with the amount of food that the animals demand, even with a quarter of my zoo land being set aside for crops. The additional requirement that collecting crops uses up 1 energy from an already limited supply just makes it cruel. Allowing for greater stockpiling or lowering the amount of food required by the animals would ease the constant drain on food stores.

3) Finally, add a method for players to earn gems. Maybe through the addition of mastery levels? Right now it's disappointing to see that not only is the content limited, but the only way we can even think about eventually getting any of the gem content is to pay for gem packs. This isn't very realistic and for people who don't have the funds to buy gems...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please at least consider it?

mrstoney
08-05-11, 01:24 AM
Well I think you've covered just about everything I hate the energy bar and max food. Why is there a food limit anyway? If we want to save up some food why can't we? I can understand the energy bar because it's on other games but in those games the bar raises as you level up and I think it should here to. Everyone has been complaining about the max food max energy for a while now and nobody has done anything or even pretended to show interest in fixing these errors I can only store 10,000 food but it takes me about 7,000 just to feed all of my animals ONCE. It really sucks. I hope they do something soon but I don't think anyone pays attention to zoo story anymore

Mogwai4111
08-05-11, 01:48 AM
Everyone has been complaining about the max food max energy for a while now and nobody has done anything or even pretended to show interest in fixing these errors

Here's your problem, you assume the energy bar and food limit are "errors" that have yet to be fixed. I think they're well thought out and not "errors" at all, and don't need fixing.

pipthecat
08-11-11, 02:00 AM
Here's your problem, you assume the energy bar and food limit are "errors" that have yet to be fixed. I think they're well thought out and not "errors" at all, and don't need fixing.
What purpose does max food and max energy serve? Just curious. I only just started playing ZS, but I agree with the OP completely.

Perhaps these aren't "errors" - personally I'd call them design flaws - but I'm not sure I see how they're well thought out functions either.

Rachael98
08-11-11, 02:08 AM
What purpose does max food and max energy serve? Just curious. I only just started playing ZS, but I agree with the OP completely.

Perhaps these aren't "errors" - personally I'd call them design flaws - but I'm not sure I see how they're well thought out functions either.

It keeps you on the game longer. And that's what they want. Also, because of the short animal times, if you could just do it immediately, you could be on and off very quickly. Obviously being on longer makes you more inclined to buy gems etc. as well.
Whilst I can't say I like them (I don't play ZS that much now), I do agree with Mog that they don't need "fixing".

talyon
08-11-11, 02:10 AM
If u grow 30 Asparagus, u can then harvest all 30 which gives u about 18,000 coins, plenty to feed all max animals once and a bit. What's wrong with that? The energy bar has a no real purpose as I currently have over 800 +3 energy refills, and well never exhaust them, ergo I can fill energy tab very efficiently at it's current max of 30 and keep my animals fed. I see nothing broken in the functionality of ZS. It just needs more stuff and well get it's share down the road.

pipthecat
08-11-11, 02:21 AM
It keeps you on the game longer. And that's what they want. Also, because of the short animal times, if you could just do it immediately, you could be on and off very quickly. Obviously being on longer makes you more inclined to buy gems etc. as well.
Whilst I can't say I like them (I don't play ZS that much now), I do agree with Mog that they don't need "fixing".

I didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. I can see what TL is going for, but it seems like far fewer people play ZS, so perhaps it isn't having the desired effect. Affect? I don't know, I can never remember lmao

Rachael98
08-11-11, 02:25 AM
I didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. I can see what TL is going for, but it seems like far fewer people play ZS, so perhaps it isn't having the desired effect. Affect? I don't know, I can never remember lmao

For the reference, it's "effect" in that context. Whilst it may not bring hoards of players, it probably still does better than all players going on, then being off again within 20 minutes or so.

maryd1215
09-14-11, 08:19 AM
For the reference, it's "effect" in that context. Whilst it may not bring hoards of players, it probably still does better than all players going on, then being off again within 20 minutes or so.

I disagree. I recently started playing zs and like it but I'm on very briefly because I can't spend real $$ for anything and run out of energy so fast that there's virtually nothing for me to do. So I go on, harvest my food, feed my animals and that's it. Out of energy so off I go to BS, RS, and FS where I can spend as much time as I like messing with my shops. I definitely believe the above mentioned things ARE errors - at the very least, errors in judgment when creating the game. Just my opinion.

kooky panda
09-14-11, 08:29 AM
I agree not a bug in the game, The energy is part of the challenge of the game. Once you get to a higher level, you can learn how to manage and use your
energy in the best way. This game is not for everyone. I did play until I maxed out on levels, then it did get boring. I think the main thing that it needs is the mastery and a way to earn gems and weekly updates like the other games.
Hopefully TL will provide a future update adding more features including the opportunity to master items.

saintlover
09-14-11, 06:00 PM
I am a level 80 now. I have learned how to manage my zoo and can clear my entire zoo in about an hour by visiting all my neighbors and touring, regardless of whether they tour me or not I still make levels and gain energy to clear my apple trees. There are ways to manage your zoo and still benefit.

sourlicorice2
09-15-11, 09:57 AM
Great suggestions though I'd be happy if they would just add new animals, shops etc. I deleted the app last month as I got bored of adding the same things to it.