PDA

View Full Version : New City Story Update 9/20/2010

Norman
09-20-10, 09:45 AM
The Magic Case is now available in City Story. Open the Magic Case to obtain special buildings, including St. Basil's Cathedral, and the iconic Burj-Al-Arab Hotel in Dubai. Get it now in the Enhancements section of the Store in City Story!

New Real Estate in City Story:

- City Statue
- Solar Farm
- Palm Trees
- Clinic
- Chinese Restaurant
- Office Tower
- Football Field
- Lovely House

New Gifts! Choose from a brand new set of gifts to send to your neighbors!

Unregistered
09-20-10, 10:26 AM
That Magic Case is too expensive. Please lower the city cash requirement OR allow for items to be super expensive FAKE coin wise.

Unregistered
09-20-10, 10:58 AM
really, ur charging me $5 for a small amount of city cash just to put a monument or such in my city that does nothing? REALLY?
Some games cost less than $5 for the whole game, never having to buy anything again. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

Unregistered
09-20-10, 01:11 PM
Yes, TeamLava did a great job and they should be pay.
But then again, it should not be at the method of "magic cases".

The price should be lower than 24 city cash; I think 16-18 is fair.
I am at level 47 now; there are only 3-5 "regular" items that I have not get yet.
So new items are welcomed, but the random chances could mean that I have to spend maybe +$100 real cash in order to get all the good stuff. I think that is a bit over priced.

Some suggestions:
- for loyal players who reached a high level, let say 50 or 60;
then the cost of magic cases should be lower than 24
- if the cost is 24 plus it is random; then for this group of special items;
We should be able to sell them at half and get back 12.
So that we can put an extra 12 and try our luck again.
- anyway; we are talking about returning half city cash; which can only be use
Within city story.. So what's the harm for doing it?
- IMHO, having 100 players spending $10 is better than
20 players that spent $30. Do the math and you may agree.

Thanks.. That's my 2 cents worth. 

The Magic Case is now available in City Story. Open the Magic Case to obtain special buildings, including St. Basil's Cathedral, and the iconic Burj-Al-Arab Hotel in Dubai. Get it now in the Enhancements section of the Store in City Story!

- City Statue
- Solar Farm
- Palm Trees
- Clinic
- Chinese Restaurant
- Office Tower
- Football Field
- Lovely House

Pancakes
09-20-10, 02:12 PM
It's definitely nice that there are some new things around. Thanks for that! =D

It's kind of sad how alot of people only focus on the negative, and not on the positive, though...

True, the magic case and certain other things might be (a little) too expensive and it's understandable that alot of people are suggesting the prices go down etc. But really, in the end, no matter what price you stick to it, people will complain about every little thing they can possibly find to complain about.

If you think certain items are too expensive, don't buy them! You'll survive, really. You'll still be able to build a nice looking city, even without all those real-cash items.

The prices may be high, but that's the way it is. Deal with it. Be happy that you've got something, which is plenty of things...

Unregistered
09-20-10, 02:43 PM
There are so many things in life that people just take it "as is".
And they NEVER do anytging about them.

My suggestions are to make the game more enjoyable for the mass;
And not for some selected "rich" folks...

Yes, at level 47; I do have a very nice city - most of the items were free and I also spent $50 to buy 275 city cash already... So that's where I came from.
I don't mind send a little bit not an extra $100 or so.

If you actually played the game then it would be extremely bored when there is no new items to add. What about the expansion beyond 19*19 ???

Yes, I can stop playing & I do have choices.
It just sad that ~~ what started great may ended up like this..

That's an extra 2 cents for u.. And I am not complaining..
Just want 2 clear that up...

It's definitely nice that there are some new things around. Thanks for that! =D

It's kind of sad how alot of people only focus on the negative, and not on the positive, though...

True, the magic case and certain other things might be (a little) too expensive and it's understandable that alot of people are suggesting the prices go down etc. But really, in the end, no matter what price you stick to it, people will complain about every little thing they can possibly find to complain about.

If you think certain items are too expensive, don't buy them! You'll survive, really. You'll still be able to build a nice looking city, even without all those real-cash items.

The prices may be high, but that's the way it is. Deal with it. Be happy that you've got something, which is plenty of things...

Pancakes
09-20-10, 03:53 PM
I don't know what makes you think I was specifically referring to your post (if you thought that), but trust me, I wasn't. I know your suggestions are to make this game more enjoyable for everyone. You're actually one of the few people here that made suggestions without being (extremely) rude.

Anyway, I don't see what this has to do with everything else in life, since this is just a game, but alright, I quess - doesn't matter...

I wasn't really talking about items you can buy with in game coins, though - expansion beyond 19x19 being one of those things. I was mainly talking about people complaining about real-cash items.

Alot of things in this game are for free, and certain things you have to pay for. At this moment, yes, those things are (too) expensive, but for now, that's the way it is.

There have been a ton of complaints about the same **** thing, so there's no need for people to keep whining, crying & complaining about it. You've made your point. If the people from TeamLava want to change things, they eventually will.

Until then, either or pay the currently existing prices, or don't buy anything at all. Either way, you'll survive.

I'm level 56, and yes, things DO get boring - especially since I haven't spent any real-life cash. Yet, I'm not contantly complaining about all kinds of things & I work with the things available right now.

Yes, there are things that need improvement, a ton of people made that clear. It's just so annoying to see that so many people whine about everything, and are thankful for nothing (atleast, they don't say anything positive).

Not everything is 'perfect' from the start. It takes time. They're trying. Be patient...

That's all, nothing personal. Good night~ =]

Unregistered
09-20-10, 05:38 PM
To TeamLava & Pancake:

Just wanted to make a point, that's all. Good Night!

P.S. If u played the game more than 10 minutes a day; I would said "it is part of your life." LOL...

P.P.S. This is the only game I paid real cash to play on my iPhone, so by itself; It said a lot about TeamLava... For a job well done 

jonesybird
09-21-10, 06:52 AM
Too Expensive Team Lava. That darn Magic Case is TOOOOOOOO expensive!

Unregistered
09-21-10, 07:26 AM

- City Statue
- Solar Farm
- Palm Trees
- Clinic
- Chinese Restaurant
- Office Tower
- Football Field
- Lovely House

THANK YOU for the new items WE appreciate it. Also nice to have a change of gifts so THANK YOU

Unregistered
09-21-10, 09:27 AM
Please remove the Wind Farm from the Magic Box. I can buy one with 15 city bucks vs the 24 for the Magic Box. Make the Magic Box special.

Thx

Unregistered
09-21-10, 10:50 PM
Please remove the Wind Farm from the Magic Box. I can buy one with 15 city bucks vs the 24 for the Magic Box. Make the Magic Box special.

Thx
There is no buyable Wind Farm.
Maybe you're thinking of the Solar Farm for 15 city cash?

Unregistered
09-22-10, 08:42 PM
There is no buyable Wind Farm.
Maybe you're thinking of the Solar Farm for 15 city cash?

Yes, I meant Solar Farm. Good catch?

Unregistered
09-23-10, 07:28 PM
I agree with all those pissed off about the magic case. The cost for a random item is way too steep to the point of ripping off we the clients. I've always loved this game and the effort the Devs put into it but this update while it includes fantastic looking buildings, the methodology by which you have to obtain the items is so depressing.

I've spent close to $40 dollars since the update on this case only to receive wind farms and an adobe house. I get the feeling this could be an endless quest that will end up costing me and many others a lot of cash. But then maybe that's what the Devs want. If so, I've just lost my respect for them and the effort they put into this.

Sincerely speaking!

Unregistered
09-23-10, 07:42 PM
For those people wondering what chance you have to obtain what in the Magic Cases ... if the percentages are the same as the Storm8 game, here you go:

54% chance you get a Common item.
35% chance you get an Uncommon item.
10% chance you get a Rare item.
1% chance you get an Exceptional item.

And here's what we've seen so far:

Wind Farm (common) - business - 300 happiness
Adobe House (common) - residence - 450 population
Ice Cream Store (common) - business - 600 happiness
Luxury Condo (uncommon) - residence - 750 population
Fancy Condos (uncommon) - residence - 900 population
Big Ben (rare) - decoration - 1,440 happiness
Saint Basil's (rare) - decoration - 2,040 happiness
Burj Al Arab Hotel (exceptional) - business - ????? happiness

Unregistered
09-24-10, 06:09 AM
Okay, Thanks TeamLava for the expansion.. We can go  to 24*24.

It used to be 4 City Cash per expansion, and now it cost 40. Well; I understand that it should cost more; but by 10 times --- that's ... Interesting (lack of a meaningful word) ..

Also; we can do it with roughly $1 Million game coins {depended on the actual expansion}.

By looking at this formula; my take is ---> $ 1 M === 30 to 40 city cash.

Now; the "MAGIC" question: Why can't we buy the magic case for ONE million game coins??? Or even $2,000,000 to $3,000,000.

Or as someone else has suggested, just made this game as a one time purchase.

Unregistered
09-24-10, 06:26 AM
I have played since release and I have never seen city upgrade cost 4. They have alleys Bern 40

Okay, Thanks TeamLava for the expansion.. We can go  to 24*24.

It used to be 4 City Cash per expansion, and now it cost 40. Well; I understand that it should cost more; but by 10 times --- that's ... Interesting (lack of a meaningful word) ..

Also; we can do it with roughly $1 Million game coins {depended on the actual expansion}.

By looking at this formula; my take is ---> $ 1 M === 30 to 40 city cash.

Now; the "MAGIC" question: Why can't we buy the magic case for ONE million game coins??? Or even $2,000,000 to $3,000,000.

Or as someone else has suggested, just made this game as a one time purchase.

Unregistered
09-24-10, 07:55 AM
However; my other argument still stand -- players should be able to "buy" magic cases with game coins 

Unregistered
09-24-10, 11:07 AM
Love the game . . . it's fun and addictive.
I have some questions/suggestions:
1) Why can't the factories rotate? and it would be nice if the buildings could rotate 360 as opposed to 180.
2) Thank you for the change in gift selection. It would be nice if this was done on maybe a monthly basis for variety?
3) Also would be nice if we could exchange coins for City dollars.
4) I really don't care about luxury or fancy condos, Big Ben, St. Basil's or the Arab Hotel -- they're nice for people who want them. I think there are enough houses to choose from and would like the opportunity to purchase (w/coins) a wider variety of businesses; i.e., hair salon, toy store, candy store, book store, post office, video rental, museum, zoo, night club, roller rink, bowling alley, eye doctor, dentist, sub sandwich shop, daycare center, bus stop, train station (& tracks?), golf course, university (college), courthouse, etc. Buildings that you would see in a real city. I'm sure other players can think of more to add to the list.
5) The prices on some items are a little steep, but then either save up or don't buy them and quit complaining. After all, the game download was "FREE" and what do people want for nothing!!

Fallfares
09-26-10, 03:25 AM
I'm happy to ditch the green houses as gifts, but I'm not a fan of the mobile homes. In do love the new flowers and plants in the decorations. I would love to see an addition of sidewalks that aren't attached to streets though - maybe tree lined or with a sidewalk on either side of the square, to make neighborhoods that can not have tons of streets but can still get split up some.

Keep up the good work!

Unregistered
09-26-10, 01:56 PM
You can't get City Cash through contract mastery anymore either. You used to get 1 City Cash at either level 2 or 3 contract mastery.

Unregistered 
09-30-10, 02:47 AM
I'd like to see the ability to gift anything in your inventory. Say for example I have the Saint Basil's decoration from the magic case and I end up getting another but I reeeaaally wanted those fancy/luxury condos; well my neighbor has one and would like to "swap" the condo for my extra Saint Basil's; awesome! That would be nice...

Unregistered
09-30-10, 08:10 AM
You can't get City Cash through contract mastery anymore either. You used to get 1 City Cash at either level 2 or 3 contract mastery.
That is clearly false.

I completed 2nd key for another contract yesterday and got my $1.

 daitan 
09-30-10, 10:21 AM
That is clearly false.

I completed 2nd key for another contract yesterday and got my $1.

Yeah I've completed a 2nd key and got my $1 also, maybe he completed 3rd and assumed.