PDA

View Full Version : Farm story 7-15 update

kooky panda
07-15-11, 10:48 AM
IT IS HERE!!!

PEACOCK HAS ARRIVED!!!

ALSO POP -UP FREE ORANGE TABBY CAT WITH GEM PURCHASE(9.99 CHEAPEST PACKAGE).

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/a588e052-1.jpg

xokay
07-15-11, 10:50 AM
Well, that's weird. I got the pop-up for the update, but no new content is there? Do you know the stats of the update?

kooky panda
07-15-11, 10:51 AM
Acorn tree-2200 coins 1 day tree
cauliflower 6 hours yeah

peacock 59 gems

kooky panda
07-15-11, 10:52 AM
well, that's weird. I got the pop-up for the update, but no new content is there? Do you know the stats of the update?

restart you device not just game. Sometimes that happens with me takes a minute to show up.

driftboutique
07-15-11, 10:52 AM
Love the peacock! I'm kind of disappointed in the cat, though. I want one curled up in a sleepy little ball :)

MiniLaura
07-15-11, 10:57 AM
Isn't an "acorn tree" an oak tree?

MiniLaura
07-15-11, 10:58 AM
Also, I wonder if the cat will ever be available in the store. I've been saving my gems!

redbites
07-15-11, 11:13 AM
59 gems for a peacock!! What that's so expensive!

xSnowyOwlx
07-15-11, 11:14 AM

Yes, I think it's so weird they put acorn tree but maybe it's for those people who don't know what an oak tree produces?

GroupMagma
07-15-11, 11:21 AM

Ummmm....
/throws Amnesia dust

Haha, good point. I'll go talk to our devs.

kooky panda
07-15-11, 11:27 AM
Isn't an "acorn tree" an oak tree?\

maybe a squirrel will be coming next!!

hectorloch
07-15-11, 12:11 PM
A new plant - 6 hours but at 170 a crop it won't knock the Eggplant off it's slot as the money earner when you're short of the readies to buy something ! Great though :)

And a new tree - a little lost tree because it doesn't know who it is or where it came from. But it's a one day fruit crop :) I hate the 36 hour jobs. An oak, however, is one of the slowest growing trees. Pears and Lemons are 2 days, so we've got some fast oaks here.

The peacock, the peacock (at last, Sissy) - what to do ? 59 gems - not as bad as the non-existent unicorn - but a lot. I don't know, Sissy, I just don't know !

sarahaddicts
07-15-11, 12:28 PM
I got the gem offer but my girlfriend didn't and she's not impressed has everyone else had the gem offer??

kooky panda
07-15-11, 12:36 PM
I got the gem offer but my girlfriend didn't and she's not impressed has everyone else had the gem offer??

offer for the free cat??? If so yes.

nmishii
07-15-11, 12:37 PM
kooky panda - where did you get the cat and the wolf?

kooky panda
07-15-11, 12:38 PM
kooky panda - where did you get the cat and the wolf?
orange tabby came from a pop up offer- buy gems get cat free.

wolf I got out of the halloween box last october- no longer available in the store.

nmishii
07-15-11, 12:52 PM
orange tabby came from a pop up offer- buy gems get cat free.

wolf I got out of the halloween box last october- no longer available in the store.

Thank you.

donnapetersen
07-15-11, 01:47 PM
Kooks when I went to water your farm your peacock was a white box..Can't remember if I posted that on your wall or not

kooky panda
07-15-11, 01:49 PM
Kooks when I went to water your farm your peacock was a white box..Can't remember if I posted that on your wall or not

ohhh Ill go check. other ppl have seen it.

I am heading out door to coast. yeah me.
Ill check in the car.
Mr. kooky very strict with car trip road schedules.. lol

lauralafarm
07-15-11, 01:52 PM
Love the peacock and I really want to get the gem offer to be able to get the cat but unfortunately this time I do not get the pop up. I always get it annoyingly often so I'm wondering why not this time?
And I have a question, will I get the free tabby cat if I purchase gems the normal way? Does anyone know? Because I would really be sad if I missed this opportunity to get a cat on my farm!
Does anyone know which gem packages the cat comes with? And how long is the offer valid? Lots of questions and hoping for an answer (and for a pop up).

donnapetersen
07-15-11, 01:54 PM
Tell Mr. Kooky he better cut you some slack or you'll leave him home and take the nice twin with you
Safe trip

epiphany
07-15-11, 01:55 PM
spot the difference.........

announcement on my iPhone
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/pcock.png

announcement on my Touch
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/ltdpcock.png

lauralafarm
07-15-11, 02:12 PM
Strange... On the ipad it's also limited time only.

redbites
07-15-11, 02:13 PM
It's limited time on my ipod touch as well

kooky panda
07-15-11, 02:24 PM
Love the peacock and I really want to get the gem offer to be able to get the cat but unfortunately this time I do not get the pop up. I always get it annoyingly often so I'm wondering why not this time?
And I have a question, will I get the free tabby cat if I purchase gems the normal way? Does anyone know? Because I would really be sad if I missed this opportunity to get a cat on my farm!
Does anyone know which gem packages the cat comes with? And how long is the offer valid? Lots of questions and hoping

for an answer (and for a pop up).

You have to purchase through pop up or no free item
I got this info from moderator. Smallest pkg is 9.99

redbites
07-15-11, 02:26 PM
The smallest package is $10.49

pinkster73
07-15-11, 02:30 PM
The smallest package with a free orange tabby for me is $19.99. Why? Im on Android.

pinkster73
07-15-11, 02:31 PM
Also my peacock pop-up does not say limited time. Hmmm

lauralafarm
07-15-11, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the answers, nothing left to do but hope the pop up shows up. I'm in an euro country, so that would mean 9.99 is the lowest gem package price I guess.
Maybe tomorrow morning the tabby cat will pop up, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in my sleep tonight ;-)

pinkster73
07-15-11, 02:40 PM
Ah yes. 9.99 pounds or euros, 19.99 dollars. I'm silly :)

sissy8
07-15-11, 02:47 PM
I am so happy:):rolleyes::)

hectorloch
07-15-11, 03:00 PM
13.99 GBP, cost of cheapest gem package.

GreenHees
07-15-11, 03:16 PM
7,99 EUR for 50 gems, that's the cheapest of the three packages here.

Great update! Not going for gems, but looking forward to the new crop...since level 52 seems far away!

Again two free gems to be earned :)

hectorloch
07-15-11, 03:21 PM
Which new item is level restricted ? The cauliflower or the tree ?

GreenHees
07-15-11, 03:26 PM
The cauliflower is out of my reach...for now :)

epiphany
07-15-11, 03:32 PM
Which new item is level restricted ? The cauliflower or the tree ?

lvl 52 for the cauli.

hectorloch
07-15-11, 03:35 PM
lvl 52 for the cauli.

Thanks, epiphany :)

cakeandpie
07-15-11, 03:41 PM
I got the update, but I cannot see the graphics for the peacock, tree, or cauliflower. The little rectangles that they are supposed to be in, which tell how much they cost, and how many hours they are, etc. are there, but the actual picture of the item is not.

Rachael98
07-15-11, 03:44 PM
I got the update, but I cannot see the graphics for the peacock, tree, or cauliflower. The little rectangles that they are supposed to be in, which tell how much they cost, and how many hours they are, etc. are there, but the actual picture of the item is not.

Oh dear. Try restarting your device.

Rachael98
07-15-11, 03:46 PM
Ummmm....
/throws Amnesia dust

Haha, good point. I'll go talk to our devs.

Whilst you do that, can you ask them to credit 40-50 gems to my FmS account for...erm...2,000 posts:p?! I really want that peacock, but I'm not currently going to be able to buy gems. Not before the 4 days are up:(, anyway.

kooky panda
07-15-11, 03:46 PM

That happEned to me. I restarted my phone and they showed up

sissy8
07-15-11, 04:32 PM
the peacock is amazing(i love magma:o):rolleyes:

kooky panda
07-15-11, 04:34 PM
the peacock is amazing(i love magma:o):rolleyes:
I bet sissy is very very happy !!!!

Phthon

On my iPad it is NOT limited time only...hmmm

Rachael98
I bet sissy is very very happy !!!!

Noooo...you'd never have guessed:p

jovenal
07-15-11, 05:50 PM
Whilst you do that, can you ask them to credit 40-50 gems to my FmS account for...erm...2,000 posts:p?! I really want that peacock, but I'm not currently going to be able to buy gems. Not before the 4 days are up:(, anyway.

4 days? It's only available for another 23 hours on my iPhone.

MiniLaura
07-15-11, 06:20 PM
Clever marketing TL! Make one highly desirable item available ONLY with a gem purchase and make another item available only for a limited time (at least for some people).

I'm sure this ploy will earn TL quite a bit of money. I finally bit the bullet and bought gems for the first time to get the cat.

lauralafarm
07-16-11, 01:11 AM
Still no pop up for me, although I get them in city, bakery, restaurant and fashion. Feel very sad now because I really want a cat on my farm! Anyone know how long this offer is valid? Then I know when to stop hoping it will still show up.

hectorloch
07-16-11, 01:33 AM
Still no pop up for me, although I get them in city, bakery, restaurant and fashion. Feel very sad now because I really want a cat on my farm! Anyone know how long this offer is valid? Then I know when to stop hoping it will still show up.

Says as of now, it ends in 45 hours.

lauralafarm
07-16-11, 01:35 AM
Thanks Hector! Still gives me some time for hoping....

clojo0
07-16-11, 03:30 AM
We all want a cat, and look what happens, like not many people will get it, so stupid

CampingTime
07-16-11, 04:23 AM

Please do not feel alone in this situation; I received the update before my wife, but she then received it and the cat offer. I am yet to receive the offer of the cat, even after four restarts of my iPad. We both have been wanting a cat for quite a while.

stahnley
07-16-11, 04:12 PM
I got the offer for the cat, on my iphone. My daughter did not on her iphone, same house. My husband did on his droid. I emailed tl, have not heard back. This is one of my big frustrations with this game. I really like it, but these inconsistencies just seem unnecessary. Why can't they get these glitches worked out? And as someone said earlier, why is the one and only cat available only through this offer? They could make it available for purchase after the special. I hope tl staff read these. I actually broke down and purchased gems a while ago and really enjoy this game. But there should be a way to prevent this.

Rachael98
07-16-11, 04:31 PM
I got the offer for the cat, on my iphone. My daughter did not on her iphone, same house. My husband did on his droid. I emailed tl, have not heard back. This is one of my big frustrations with this game. I really like it, but these inconsistencies just seem unnecessary. Why can't they get these glitches worked out? And as someone said earlier, why is the one and only cat available only through this offer? They could make it available for purchase after the special. I hope tl staff read these. I actually broke down and purchased gems a while ago and really enjoy this game. But there should be a way to prevent this.

TeamLava will always read their Support e-mails (and most likely reply), but their support team is inactive over the weekend. I'm sorry to hear about it. Just check that you're on classic (not valentines). You could even try getting the other version; it's worth a try. Do the people who don't get it get the updates later too? I'm starting to think that they might be linked.

Rachael98
07-16-11, 04:32 PM
We all want a cat, and look what happens, like not many people will get it, so stupid

I'm sure that TL don't mean for the inconsistencies. But they are sometimes unavoidable (as with anything involving scripts).

stahnley
07-16-11, 04:36 PM
What do you mean check that i'm on the classic, (not valentine's what is that)? Sorry to sound ignorant, I've only been on the game since May. And how do you get another version? Last week my daughter did not get the special offer for the border collie either. This week she can get the other updates, the peacock etc. Seems to be no pattern for it. Thanks for the help.

Rachael98
07-16-11, 04:40 PM
What do you mean check that i'm on the classic, (not valentine's what is that)? Sorry to sound ignorant, I've only been on the game since May. And how do you get another version? Last week my daughter did not get the special offer for the border collie either. This week she can get the other updates, the peacock etc. Seems to be no pattern for it. Thanks for the help.

There are Valentine's Day versions of some TL Apps. Check whether it's the VD Version or the normal one. Just to double check, download both. It might help.

lauralafarm
07-16-11, 11:01 PM
Rachael, I always get all the updates and other stuff just after release. For me it's only the cat gem offer that doesn't show up. I'm going to try to download valentines version now, maybe it will work. I'm trying everything for my much wanted cat....my farm really needs it!

nmishii
07-17-11, 12:20 AM
TeamLava will always read their Support e-mails (and most likely reply), but their support team is inactive over the weekend. I'm sorry to hear about it. Just check that you're on classic (not valentines). You could even try getting the other version; it's worth a try. Do the people who don't get it get the updates later too? I'm starting to think that they might be linked.

I don't think the updates and gem pop-ups are linked. I got the Farm Story update but not the cat pop-up. I got the Restaurant Story update and the VIP Lounge pop-up. I did not get the Bakery Story update but got the Tea Party pop-up.

GM has a post where he describes the weekly update roll out. He really should put out a similar post describing their gem promotion process so that people don't keep uninstalling and resinstalling their apps to try to get something that might not come until a few days later or at all. If the process is different each time, people should be told what it is for that promotion.

cc74
07-17-11, 12:39 AM
Never even got the pop up- option to get the acorn tree, peacock or cauliflower. Never could get the cat, jack rabbit, moose,bungalow, spring rabbit, workshop etc. only ranch house, arches, easter egg, statue, green chick, sled, reindeer, christmas tree, ect several times. Why doesn't everyone get the pop ups for updates as well as being able to buy what they want with their gems?

gordiebitts
07-17-11, 12:43 AM
I am unable to see the updates/new items as well. I restarted/rebooted my device and no updates, nor are there any new items. I even went to app store to see if I needed to update. Nothing. Can you help? my neighbors have new trees and a pigpen that I would like to have access to. Thank you.

jovenal
07-17-11, 12:55 AM
If you're talking about the weekly content update, they come in different times. Sometimes you have to wait until Tuesday to finally get it.
Also, which version of the game are playing? If you're still playing the Valentine version, you need to download the regular one (version 1.7.7).

Rachael98
07-17-11, 01:09 AM
I don't think the updates and gem pop-ups are linked. I got the Farm Story update but not the cat pop-up. I got the Restaurant Story update and the VIP Lounge pop-up. I did not get the Bakery Story update but got the Tea Party pop-up.

GM has a post where he describes the weekly update roll out. He really should put out a similar post describing their gem promotion process so that people don't keep uninstalling and resinstalling their apps to try to get something that might not come until a few days later or at all. If the process is different each time, people should be told what it is for that promotion.

However, it's GMs weekend, so he won't be online until (?)tomorrow. What I meant was "Do the popups roll out at different times, like updates?". I'm lucky enough to get all the available popups and updates...

MiniLaura
07-17-11, 05:45 AM
I am unable to see the updates/new items as well. I restarted/rebooted my device and no updates, nor are there any new items. I even went to app store to see if I needed to update. Nothing. Can you help? my neighbors have new trees and a pigpen that I would like to have access to. Thank you.

Two issues here:
First, regarding getting the most recent update, see this tread:
http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=68

Second, regarding the pig pen--it is an item in the Summer Box, which was rolled out to everyone months ago. I think it is still available in the store under enhancements.

Never even got the pop up- option to get the acorn tree, peacock or cauliflower. Never could get the cat, jack rabbit, moose,bungalow, spring rabbit, workshop etc. only ranch house, arches, easter egg, statue, green chick, sled, reindeer, christmas tree, ect several times. Why doesn't everyone get the pop ups for updates as well as being able to buy what they want with their gems?

Re: the most recent update, see the link above.

Re: the jack rabbit, moose,bungalow, spring rabbit, and workshop: all these items are from boxes. When boxes are announced with a pop up, the pop up lists only a few of the items in the box. That does not mean that you cannot get the other items in the box. Just remember that what you get from each box is random and there are different chances for getting each item. See a full list plus known chances in this link:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?13844-Exclusive-Gem-Items-for-all-Stories-*Master-List*

Re: the cat you mentioned: I do not know if you are referring to the orange tabby cat from the gem promotion or to the black cat from the Halloween box. If you mean the orange cat, see the first link above. If you mean the black cat, see the second link above.

MiniLaura
07-17-11, 05:55 AM
However, it's GMs weekend, so he won't be online until (?)tomorrow. What I meant was "Do the popups roll out at different times, like updates?". I'm lucky enough to get all the available popups and updates...

Don't quote me on this--I vaguely remember a post by GM that stated that not everyone got the same gem promotions. The post was in a response to someone complaining about not having as big of a sale as his or her family member. Perhaps the cat promotion is the same? Not everyone get it? Or not everyone gets it at the same time?

Again, just speculating from a memory. Don't take this as a known fact. And PLEASE do not use this post to attack TL for any perceived unfairness. TL wants your money just as much as they want other people's money. No money discrimination here.

(Rachael, I don't mean I think you will attack TL, I said that so that no one else would take the thought and run with it.)

hectorloch
07-18-11, 03:32 PM
spot the difference.........

announcement on my iPhone
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/pcock.png

announcement on my Touch
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/gazeboo/ltdpcock.png

The difference is one of them is truthful.

MiniLaura
07-18-11, 06:35 PM
Hector--can you still get the peacock? I can still buy it if I want.

MrsPamB
07-20-11, 11:35 AM
"Re: the jack rabbit, moose,bungalow, spring rabbit, and workshop: all these items are from boxes."

I browse other farms often but i have never seen a "Workshop". Does anyone have a picture?

Thanks!

kooky panda
07-20-11, 11:46 AM
"Re: the jack rabbit, moose,bungalow, spring rabbit, and workshop: all these items are from boxes."

I browse other farms often but i have never seen a "Workshop". Does anyone have a picture?

Thanks!

They may have been talking about the Santas Workshop that was the #1 from the Holiday Box.

MrsPamB
07-20-11, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah, I've seen Santa's Workshop. Super cute...Thanks, Kooky!

hectorloch
07-20-11, 01:38 PM
![/QUOTE]

Hector--can you still get the peacock? I can still buy it if I want.

Yes, I can. It still says "Limited" but the time clock has gone. Cheap stunt.

Rachael98
07-20-11, 02:13 PM
!

Yes, I can. It still says "Limited" but the time clock has gone. Cheap stunt.[/QUOTE]

You have gotta be joking? That's...well, a cheap stunt.

Rachael98
07-20-11, 02:14 PM
Yes, I can. It still says "Limited" but the time clock has gone. Cheap stunt.[[EDIT R98]/QUOTE]

You have gotta be joking? That's...well, a cheap stunt.

Sorry, the QUOTE BB mucked up another QUOTE BB and so on...

GroupMagma
07-20-11, 02:25 PM
Yes, I can. It still says "Limited" but the time clock has gone. Cheap stunt.

Or a bug. :p
Have you restarted your device in the meantime?

Rachael98
07-20-11, 04:08 PM

It's a peacock, not a bug:D. And just so you know, I can also still buy it. And I've force closed. Fix please. That's gone badly wrong:(.

hectorloch
07-20-11, 09:27 PM

Yes, still there and I can place a new peacock - haven't tried to buy obviously as two are enough perhaps :) and so I haven't checked that. But it looks as though it'll work.

Comforted that it's not supposed to be continuing though :) Thanks, GM.

hectorloch
07-21-11, 01:07 AM
Gone from "Animals" but still available under "Features".

kooky panda
07-21-11, 04:09 AM
I still have peacock under animals....

sissy8
07-23-11, 12:31 PM
i can't buy another peacock anymore it dissapeared:(, well I don 't have the gems and I am saving now for the goose:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rachael98
07-23-11, 02:24 PM
i can't buy another peacock anymore it dissapeared:(, well I don 't have the gems and I am saving now for the goose:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Disappeared here too;). Do you think we could have a little group of mooses too?

MiniLaura
07-23-11, 08:54 PM
I can still get a peacock, but it was never marked limited for me.

kooky panda
07-23-11, 08:54 PM
I can still get a peacock, but it was never marked limited for me.

same here.