PDA

View Full Version : Smart Lava

mickeymaes
07-14-11, 04:16 AM
Just accidentaly purchased a new slot for 25 gems!!
Lava is very smart to put this box next to the other slots... and not putting in an 'are you sure' safety. This is just how they make money!!! I'm not purchasing any gems again!

Rachael98
07-14-11, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear that. We have requested an 'Are you sure?'. Sadly, you can't get the gems back.

nmishii
07-14-11, 09:52 AM
Between 3 games, I have fallen into every type of gem trap that TL put in. I believe they are strategicly placed so that people unintentionly waste gems. There are many forum posts where people have accidently spent gems on something pretty much useless and/or have asked for a confirmation before spending gems.

I do not recall a post where TL said they would change anything, I think they think people will just buy gems to replace the ones they wasted. I, like you mickeymaes, have not bought gems since I don't like what I think is an intent by TL to get people to spend gems unnecessarily. TL either doesn't see the business they are losing, or enough people just buy replacement gems to make it worth it.

The nice thing about not spending real money on gems is that you don't lose anything except time when server crashes and glitches cause you to lose coins, gems, gifts, tips/water/etc. And this is a time-waster-type game so can't complain about losing time. So you are less frustrated than if you had real money invested and lost it.

If TL does work on a confirmation button, which should be an easy change since they do it anyway for other functions, remember that they have a limited staff and they'll work on it when they're not working on other higher priority tasks, such as the next day's gem promotion.

xSnowyOwlx
07-14-11, 10:59 AM
Just accidentaly purchased a new slot for 25 gems!!
Lava is very smart to put this box next to the other slots... and not putting in an 'are you sure' safety. This is just how they make money!!! I'm not purchasing any gems again!

I don't see how it's really all that clever of an idea, I've never hit that slot but maybe it's because I always play really careful to avoid those mishaps?

luckygirl101
07-14-11, 11:25 AM
The other day I accedently used my gems to quickly finish food that had 3 mins left! I meant to push the stove next to it but when it was catching up, because I push it twice, It quickly took my gems without even showing the screen asking if you wanted to use your gems or cancel the dish because I guess it was trying to catch up. I lost my gems to something useless!

swati
07-14-11, 04:34 PM
I don't see how it's really all that clever of an idea, I've never hit that slot but maybe it's because I always play really careful to avoid those mishaps?

Considering the number of people who have had the same thing happen to them, it is most definitely intentional of Team Lava. It's a very easy fix, and if they really cared they would have implemented it by now.

jennabug5
07-14-11, 07:35 PM
I would LOVE for TeamLava to put in an "are you sure?" function...I mean really...how hard can that be to program that in?!?!?

I've done the same exact thing as you, Mickey. I really didn't want that lame extra slot.

mickeymaes
07-15-11, 02:34 AM
Between 3 games, I have fallen into every type of gem trap that TL put in. I believe they are strategicly placed so that people unintentionly waste gems. There are many forum posts where people have accidently spent gems on something pretty much useless and/or have asked for a confirmation before spending gems.

I AGREE! It is a trap of Lava. Lava thinks we will replace the, so easy lost, gems. But i'm not falling for that anymore. By the way, you win a gem by buying enough cloting..

gobblies
07-15-11, 03:59 AM
Another negative thread:(

Rachael98
07-15-11, 04:04 AM

Yes. It is something that TL needs to address though. I'd like to think of it as 'Constructive Feedback' rather than 'negativity'.

nmishii
07-15-11, 10:58 AM

Not every thread can be positive. There are things that TL does extremely well (I wouldn't still be playing if this wasn't true), but like all companies, they are not perfect and there are things they can improve on.

Look at the number of posts there are about people wasting gems. Not trying to get people to waste gems and implementing what I think is an easy fix since its done in other places is something they can do to improve their image. And it might increase their gem sales.

And based on recent negative threads from Android users, being fair to their customer base especially on releases that require neighbor interaction is something else that should be easy to do.

elixoxo
07-16-11, 09:21 AM
Yeah I've wasted way too many gems on accidental slot purchase and on instantly receiving clothes by mistake. Thank goodness I never bought them. This one thing I do not agree with team lava doing.

Shamrock1963
07-26-11, 09:55 PM
YES! I have done this too. I went from 27 gems to 2 with a single accidental click.

If enough people ******* gem purchases until TeamLava removes the many, many 1-click traps in all of their games, TeamLava WILL fix it. Sooner rather than later. So stop buying gems, people, and speak out!

shakiba
08-07-11, 11:30 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that. :( But i guess they are just doing this for money :/ that's buisness

di1975
08-07-11, 02:08 PM
What they need to understand is that some people (like me) will buy gems for well thought out and planned purchases. When gem traps like this, if I ever lose gems like that....I'm done buying them. Period. Since I've not (yet) spent them unintentionally, I am still willing to consider buying more gems again in the future. I can't believe the people who spend $100 plus on these games are the norm or the bread and butter to a company like storm8. I think people who are willing to spent 5/10 month are probably the real revenue makers. We are the norm and we are the ones who will stop buying at all if these gem/cash traps keep happening. They are going to start losing a lot of potential revenue if it keeps up.

mickeymaes
08-08-11, 04:18 AM
What they need to understand is that some people (like me) will buy gems for well thought out and planned purchases. When gem traps like this, if I ever lose gems like that....I'm done buying them. Period. Since I've not (yet) spent them unintentionally, I am still willing to consider buying more gems again in the future. I can't believe the people who spend $100 plus on these games are the norm or the bread and butter to a company like storm8. I think people who are willing to spent 5/10 month are probably the real revenue makers. We are the norm and we are the ones who will stop buying at all if these gem/cash traps keep happening. They are going to start losing a lot of potential revenue if it keeps up.

Exactly! And I don't understand why kooky panda doesnt reply?

expressW
08-09-11, 08:04 AM
I know how you guys feel, i have spent gems accidentally too (26 gems recovering expired clothes after i couldnt log on for a whole day to be exact) but i dont theres anything TL can do.
This complaint has been brought up many times accross all jgames and I am sure that TL have been notified that players are deeply unsatisfied with what you call the "one click trap".
But its just not feasible to have a "are you sure" button every time someone spends gems. Imagine having to click "yes" every time you buy a tile? i am already annoyed that I have to keep going back to the tabs everytime i buy multiple table/chairs/racks etc. A "are you sure" button would be too time consuming.
So then what else can they do? other suggestions were but a cool down period (also too time consuming) or create a switch which turns on/off gem purchases, but then new players would get confused and would send emails to TL complaining they cant buy gem items.

All you can really do is be careful.... after you make accidental purchases a few times you will be ok...

Also, I dont think its Kooky Panda's responsibility to answer this thread.... its opinion related and not bug related..... but thats up to her (thanks for confirming your gender)....

kooky panda
08-09-11, 08:29 AM
Exactly! And I don't understand why kooky panda doesnt reply?
This is one of the many across the board things that members would like to see added to the games. I may not always respond and jump into your discussions, but I am reading them and know that I am keeping track of all your suggestions that I see.
I am hoping that soon we will be able to start submitting these types of suggestions to GM to take to the development team.:D:D:cool: