PDA

View Full Version : Magic Case - NOT FARE

Unregistered
09-19-10, 10:50 AM
why we are paying for guessing things or whatever you want to call it

i dont want to pay for getting duplicate buildings and i already paid for it

and there are people who cant pay for all those things, why cant we choose if we are going to pay

Unregistered
09-19-10, 12:44 PM
What is unfair about it?

No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy Magic Cases.

In fact there are far better values that can be purchased for regular coins or city dollars than what the magic cases have to offer.

Unregistered
09-19-10, 01:02 PM
I can write what i want and what i think ,and nobody is twisting my arm to buy magic cases. BUT yes its not fare to pay for duplicates buildings and this is just my thought.

lesleypsg1
09-19-10, 03:35 PM
I can write what i want and what i think ,and nobody is twisting my arm to buy magic cases. BUT yes its not fare to pay for duplicates buildings and this is just my thought.

I tend to agree. I know the developers were going for an interesting twist, and I appreciate that. I bought a case thinking I'd get to choose from a selection not otherwise available. I discovered it's a random thing, and seeing other cities that ended up with duplicates of things I wouldn't even like one of...like the cathedral or Dubai hotel (only because they don't fit with my design idea) I've decided not to risk and buy anymore. The developers do deserve to make something for this cool game, but the gamble involved in the magic case may have backfired I think. I've financially supported the game in the past but won't be buying another case. On a positive note....thanks team for the medical clinic!!! Much appreciated!

Unregistered
09-19-10, 03:59 PM
I tend to agree. I know the developers were going for an interesting twist, and I appreciate that. I bought a case thinking I'd get to choose from a selection not otherwise available. I discovered it's a random thing, and seeing other cities that ended up with duplicates of things I wouldn't even like one of...like the cathedral or Dubai hotel (only because they don't fit with my design idea) I've decided not to risk and buy anymore. The developers do deserve to make something for this cool game, but the gamble involved in the magic case may have backfired I think. I've financially supported the game in the past but won't be buying another case. On a positive note....thanks team for the medical clinic!!! Much appreciated!
I did the same and thought the same thing. I won't b getting another one either. Oh well at least they tried something new. Who know some ppl might like

Unregistered
09-19-10, 05:19 PM
I agree with all you have written above and I just want to add that I have tried the case and got the two times the same thing. I also thought one could choose amongst several options. So I wont be buying anything from the case ever again. It would be better if the game would know what you already got and give you a chance to get some different.

Unregistered
09-19-10, 06:17 PM
I agree with all you have written above and I just want to add that I have tried the case and got the two times the same thing. I also thought one could choose amongst several options. So I wont be buying anything from the case ever again. It would be better if the game would know what you already got and give you a chance to get some different.

9 count them 9 luxury hotels, nothing magic there just some bs. I like this "game" and have no problem buying items I like with real money but this
Was a total bs buy. 456 fake dollars and I didn't get
One big Ben, hotel, cathedral or anything else. 9 hotels 4 adobe house and 6 windmills- 6 windmills come on now.

Unregistered
09-20-10, 08:49 AM
I too think it sucks that the Magic Case is a huge expensive gamble. C'mon, 24 city bucks?? Geesh! Either lower the price OR GIVE OUT MORE CITY CASH IN THE GAME!

Unregistered
09-21-10, 04:01 AM
I too think it sucks that the Magic Case is a huge expensive gamble. C'mon, 24 city bucks?? Geesh! Either lower the price OR GIVE OUT MORE CITY CASH IN THE GAME!

or... you can just delete the app if this is so unfair and rip off etc.

Unregistered
09-24-10, 10:09 PM
I once paid the five dollars for a magic case a couple of times and got the same thing. I then paid ten dollars and got a luxurious condos and an ice cream shop instead of 3 adobe houses! The more you pay the better you get, I'm guessing!

Unregistered
09-25-10, 05:50 AM
Gosh some people are stupid! Not only do they not know how to spell FAIR!! Note FARE! don't people understand gambling? It doesn't matter how many bucks you buy at a time, but it's likely it will only give out so many very rare prizes per, say 100 opens of a case. It is what it is people, a gamble. Your odds don't get better buying five cases in a row. It's like buying five scratch cards in a row.

Thank you for all the new options programmers!!! Expansions especially. But it makes it fun to visit peoples cities, seeing different buildings. Thank goodness everyone doesn't have saint basils or an Arab hotel!

Anyway.........

Unregistered
09-25-10, 10:55 AM
There, I said it

Unregistered
09-25-10, 04:53 PM
The same is now done on Farm Story. After getting 2 garden arches (24 gems each time) I'm done with the "magic chest" I like the surprise idea, but expected it to be something different each time. No interest in maybe ending up with a pile of very expensive garden arches! :-) Happy to gamble that I will or won't need whatever I get, but I don't want to get the same thing more than once, unless I'm rotating through all the possibilities again. Otherwise, waste of my money.

I'm always amused by all the superior spellers on various forums. Guess we're all good at different things, hmmmm?

Unregistered
09-25-10, 07:03 PM
I got 9 Big Bens and 12 Wind Farms!!1 The game should know what you already have and not keep repeating

Unregistered
09-25-10, 07:22 PM
I am in the I.T. field; of course -- the system "knew" what you got.

Lol, basically ~~~ there is a difference between "knowing it" VS "doing something about it".

I just spoke the truth, plain and simple.

Why do you think TeamLava will do some extra work...
(1) to make you happy
(2) stop the "money machine" from making $$$... oh... I meant the magic case
(3) see point (2).. and read it again

 In closing, life is never fair... Sometime, We just have to accept some things are out of our reach.

I got 9 Big Bens and 12 Wind Farms!!1 The game should know what you already have and not keep repeating

Unregistered
09-27-10, 02:03 PM

That would remove the gambling portion of the "magic chest". Either you guys are really, really young, or you're just not bright enough to understand the concept.

When you gamble, sometimes (most times, in fact) you lose.

Unregistered
09-28-10, 11:13 AM

Here's a Yorkshire saying for you "He's got more brass than sense" ( brass being the Yorkshire word for money)
Guess you're not from Yorkshire then.

Unregistered
09-29-10, 11:01 AM
The magic in the "magic case" is how quickly it makes your money disappear.

Yeah, I stupidly thought I was buying the opportunity to buy from a selection of items.

People would be far less ticked if they just put the new items up & priced them appropriately. You can preserve the exclusivity of an item if you price it high enough.

Unregistered
09-30-10, 06:38 AM
This morning the game said I got a free magic case (I think) but it's not in the inventory.... Little help please?

Unregistered
09-30-10, 08:08 AM
This morning the game said I got a free magic case (I think) but it's not in the inventory.... Little help please?
No, it said there are Magic Cases available in the game (which means they can be purchased if you choose to buy them).

Unregistered
09-30-10, 10:45 PM
They should also say "Buy at your own risk" ... Lol

Or they should list the odds (such as the one Norman posted on another thread... 11 days after they lauched the feature).

I still won't bite...

roby1974
10-06-10, 12:23 PM
They should also say "Buy at your own risk" ... Lol

Or they should list the odds (such as the one Norman posted on another thread... 11 days after they lauched the feature).

I still won't bite...

????? wail i pay 2x magic case?? ID:roby1974

Unregistered
10-18-10, 11:58 AM
BOUGHT 4X AND GOT AN AL ARAJ ABD HOTEL WEEPEEKAYE id: deathr0ll

Unregistered
10-19-10, 01:08 AM
I would really like to see a button to turn Coin to Cash. Since there is a Cash to Coin isn't it plausible to have a way to boost Cash by converting coins instead of only being able to pay real money or wait for the occasional one city dollar that pops up every two weeks or whatever? Of coarse they will never ever let you redeem coin for cash. Why you ask? because Team Greedy wouldn't make any money that's why.

Below is an email chain between me and Team Lava. It really points out their greed in an underlaying fashion if you get my drift. I wasn't even asking for a refund just an adjustment which wouldn't take any money away from their bulging pockets.

I've removed my name and reversed the order so it reads from first email to latest for ease of reading.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 01 17:53 (PDT):
I want to start out by saying you have a great game. I've been playing it for a few weeks now. I have unfortunately also spent a fair amount of real cash on purchasing game cash to get a number of magic case items. I have small problem that I hope you would be willing to rectify. I've spent $10 twice and $50 unintentionally by my 7 year old who's unsupervised attempted to buy another $10 ended in a $50 purchase which is really my fault so I can?t blame anyone but myself on that one. So all said and done, at this point I'm into your "free" game for $70 USD. That's a tidy profit for team lava of which I don't have a problem. My problem lies with the purchased Magic Case duplicate Items that were repeatedly rewarded and coincidentally never once included a rare item in the group. Now I love a surprise as much as the next guy but I was highly disappointed when I was rewarded with the same items again and again. Even If I were rewarded with numerous lower level Magic Case items of a different nature that would be acceptable, not great but at least useful. Spending $70 on duplicate items is a bit hard to take. I can now virtually supply all of the west coast and Hawaii with ice cream made from the plethora of ice cream shops I now own. And two "Big Bens" come on, Really? Why would I want to put two of those on my cityscape or really any duplicate items that are rare or otherwise for spending real money? I would not. Either can I sell them for anything close to what I spent, just to trade that little amount in on plain items that I don?t have. At least that might be useful if the trade-in amount were generous but it is not.

I would like to ask you to make this right and in the process I would certainly feel better. I don?t believe your intent of the players of City Story is to feel anything close to disappointment or some another kind of negative emotion. If you would change the way the Magic Case delivers it's goods so less duplicates or better yet no duplicates are delivered it would be much appreciated. Even if it's too late to benefit me I'm sure others would appreciate it and still purchase again and again as long as something new and different was awarded until items previously purchased run out. You shouldn't lose sales from making those changes. I would like to think you would get more. I would certainly go back to get more and more additional new exciting items. If there is any way you could help me out with replacement items or reimburse my account with City Cash I would be very grateful. I?m not asking for a real money refund I just want to feel I?ve spent my money in a way in which I intended, fairly and not *****ed. I can't say I would purchase any more Magic Case items until there is a fix for the issue I've outlined but I certainly wouldn?t have a problem purchasing the cash only items that are available and have a pre-purchase icon to show me what I pick it what I get.

If you have any questions or would like to contact me for any reason, especially to correct this matter, please don?t hesitate to email or call me.

Storm8 ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
City name: ? Xxxxxx Xxxx?

email me at:

xxx@xxxxx.com

You may also call me at:

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sincerely,
Xxxxxxx Xxxxx

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your message. We would like to clarify any confusion caused by this item. We have adjusted the item based on recent player feedback already. You will be less likely to get a duplicate item now than before. Even though you still have a chance of getting a duplicate item, it is less frequent.

For more information on the Discovery Chest and Magic Case items, please follow this link: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...st-Explanation. Please also let us know anything else we can do to improve these items or your gameplay experience. Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04 2010 (PDT):
So since it was a problem that has been fixed and it seemed to be a customer issue I would like to ask you to make me feel better as a paying customer and reimburse a portion of the city cash that I spent on duplicate items. I think that would only be fair. You won't be out any real cash and I would feel better as a paying customer. Per my original email I spent a total of $70 in US dollars so how about putting 275 city cash into my player account? That would satisfy me.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your message and we do understand your frustration. The item was working as intended from the beginning. However, our team is happy to listen to suggestions and feedback from our players in areas they wish to see changes. We will try to adopt as many ideas as possible to improve the game.

If this had been a bug with the system, we would issue a refund, but this is not the case. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

Xxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
Well that is unfortunate as I will never purchase again.

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx, Oct 04, 2010 (PDT):
If your product worked as "intended" from the beginning then why did you change it? Because your customers were not happy. Is that a case where your team is happy to listen to suggestions and feedback and do the right thing by fixing a problem that irritates and frustrates your clients right out of their money? Because I don't see it and mine certainly is not that type of case. I didn't ask for a refund which would have been the right thing to do. I asked for some compensation of a problem that you fixed because it was wrong. No money out of your pocket. No trouble for you to make a customer feel better about feeling ripped off. If you truly understood my "frustration" you would make accommodations for fixing the customer relationship that has now dissolved. Customer Service apparently is not TeamLava's strong suit. If the client customer relationship is so important to TeamLava, you would make this right. So don't apologize for my "inconvenience" and say "thank you" for something you obviously don't care about. It's just insulting. It's really too bad customer service is so poor in most areas of business. Maybe you haven't heard of the saying about treat a customer right and he'll tell one person, treat a customer wrong and he'll tell 10. I'm sure you'll be hearing from many more unsatisfied customers prior to your company closing it's doors because of poor sales.

Please forward this to the owner of TeamLava I would like to hear what their opinion is in this matter.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx
xxxx@xxxxx.com

TeamLava Support Red, Oct 05, 2010 (PDT):
Hi Xxxxxxx Xxxxx,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll forward this to the development team for consideration to see if some sort of compensation can be thought of for players who have purchased the items.

Please understand that as customer service representatives, we are not able to decide on these matters. We do apologize for not being able to support you better in this case.

Thank you.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Red

Unregistered
10-20-10, 12:31 PM
I see nothing wrong in the responses given. If you are unhappy, stop playing. If you are now so destitute from the purchases, sell your iPhone. If your kid makes unwanted purchases - stop him playing. The issue is not with TeamLava.

Unregistered
10-20-10, 12:48 PM
You sound ridiculous, entitled and whiny. I hope they don't give you any thing back. Restrict your phone so your unsupervised child doesn't make purchases and don't gamble on a game of chance if you cant afford it.

chvchv & chvchv2
10-22-10, 12:39 PM
You sound ridiculous, entitled and whiny. I hope they don't give you any thing back. Restrict your phone so your unsupervised child doesn't make purchases and don't gamble on a game of chance if you cant afford it.

I think his problem is not the unintentionally purchase $50 package. It's more that he got lots of duplicates from the purchased City Cash. That's why he is frustrated. Team Lava made some adjustments after they discovered that quite some people get nothing interesting out of their purchased City Cash.

Similar things happened to me to in the real world (as opposed to the game world). I purchase a software package for $999. The next week the package is updated with new and improved features. To get those features I have to buy the $399 upgrade. Frustrating!

It would be nice if the companies listen more to their customers and in case of a game be more open in giving out some freebies. Those customer will for sure come back and buy more. But with a tight-ass policy the customers don't buy anything anymore.

Unregistered
10-23-10, 12:42 AM

i too had the same thought.. like u n many others i wont buy another case based on the idea of gamble..

Unregistered
10-23-10, 12:57 AM
Seriously? U have to be joking me.. First off it's a game so deal with it, I'm sorry that this is the highlight of your day, I guess you do have a right to be mad since real people will be visiting your real city... Not secondly, that's why it's called a magic case, cuz it magically gives you an item, it's not called the big Ben or Eiffel tower case. Maybe your should take all this energy u put into this game and do something productive. And don't get mad about my comment, like someone said, I can say what I want because this is my opinion. I wish I thought of this game so I could become rich off of people like you..