PDA

View Full Version : I cant update my E-mail on my profile?

kmjnhh123
07-12-11, 03:52 AM
I am subscribed to various threads but getting no emails, i have check spam and nope, so i tried to update my email in the settings but when it says i have to enter my password to continue it keeps saying the password you entered was wrong? but it is the correct password because that's the one i use to log in with and it works, i really don't no?? any ideas anyone?

trenae
07-12-11, 08:46 AM
Hi there -

The option for subscribed threads should be working, at least it does for me.

Are the settings for subscribed threads set up to send you an email notification? The default setting I believe is through User CP, which is here on the forum and you do not receive an email notification, you can however see this on your settings page.

To check the settings for your subscribed threads go to:
settings > list subscriptions
From there you should be able to see a list of threads you are subscribed to. What is the notification type?

The option to change password/email on the forum does not appear to be enabled.

kmjnhh123
07-12-11, 11:17 AM
Hi there -

The option for subscribed threads should be working, at least it does for me.

Are the settings for subscribed threads set up to send you an email notification? The default setting I believe is through User CP, which is here on the forum and you do not receive an email notification, you can however see this on your settings page.

To check the settings for your subscribed threads go to:
settings > list subscriptions
From there you should be able to see a list of threads you are subscribed to. What is the notification type?

The option to change password/email on the forum does not appear to be enabled.

I am defultly subcribed instaly to all posts i post in, create and i am subbed to RS whole thread, and yu mean i cant update my email?

trenae
07-12-11, 11:18 AM
I am defultly subcribed instaly to all posts i post in, create and i am subbed to RS whole thread, and yu mean i cant update my email?

It does not seem that option has been enabled, same for updating password (though this can be updated in app).

Rachael98
07-12-11, 04:01 PM
It does not seem that option has been enabled, same for updating password (though this can be updated in app).

It's the vBulletin problem again. Editing, signatures etc.

Phthon
07-12-11, 04:03 PM
that's odd...I can change mine.

Rachael98
07-12-11, 04:05 PM
that's odd...I can change mine.

You have the linked name. Any accounts made after a certain date (I think since forum registration got done in-game only*) have the glitch.

Rachael98
07-12-11, 04:06 PM
*would it be because accounts in-game aren't signed up to vBulletin, which therefore causes the glitch, GM:confused:?

Phthon
07-12-11, 04:07 PM
ah...I see. Do you happen to know when that was? I signed up in March of this year.

Phthon
07-12-11, 04:08 PM
*would it be because accounts in-game aren't signed up to vBulletin, which therefore causes the glitch, GM:confused:?

Thanks Rachael98! I never saw that message.

Rachael98
07-12-11, 04:08 PM
ah...I see. Do you happen to know when that was? I signed up in March of this year.

No idea, sorry.

kmjnhh123
07-16-11, 04:45 AM
So guys, what can i do???

driftboutique
07-16-11, 05:24 AM

I signed up through the game, so I don't think this is the problem :(

I don't know anything about the email, but as far as password goes, i had the same problem. What I did was go back into the app, entered a "new" password (I actually used the same one) and then came back here and tried again. I haven't gotten any password-related errors since. It's kind of a strange workaround but hey, if it gets the job done...