PDA

View Full Version : Happy theme park idea!!

redbites
07-11-11, 03:55 PM
I stumbled across this free game in the app store called Happy theme park, it looks awesome!! What do you think of it judging by the description? And wouldn't it be cool if Teamlava made a similar game?

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/kodymelba/94e84a1c.jpg

Also it's a huge success in the app store and has only been out for a few days!!

xokay
07-11-11, 06:31 PM
Looks like it's just free for a limited time. Downloading now. :)

yogurtjunkie303
07-13-11, 08:41 PM
Red, I personally would love to see this happen. I love Cedar Point. I think this idea is worth pursuing because:
1. People around the world are familiar with the concept of theme parks, just like they are with restaurants, bakeries, farms. According to the polls, these are the top three most popular TL games. The ones that people can relate.

2. Theme parks do relate to TL?s target market, I think.

3. Because they are familiar with theme parks, people might have good visions on what they want on a theme park.

4. Generally people are excited to go to theme parks.

5. It would be a sustaining model since there would be lots of opportunities to grow, think SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, Water World, Universal Studios, Circus attractions. Tons of decoration ideas.
On top of that, there would be plenty of opportunities to incorporate various types of lodging from budget hotels to luxurious resorts.

A few things that popped into my mind:
1. Theme Park Story would not look right without people because that's where the energy is, the crowds.

2. That means TL would have to put animated people, which would be no problem obviously.

3. The caveat is, it seems that animated people would only work on relatively small scale playing areas - such as a restaurant, a boutique, a zoo, a bakery. The games with large scale playing areas such CS and ES do not have animated people, probably because:
a. They wouldn't look aesthetically right when you zoomed out to see the entire area.
b. It would need a lot of animated people to fill the entire area, not sure if this is something that the server could handle.

4. I?d guess the scale of the theme park story would be right in the middle between CS and ZS. Thus animated people would be an interesting problem.

5. Or maybe do half and half just like the Happy Theme Park app you mentioned, with much better graphics of course.

6. Or maybe make it an empty theme park just like CS, but with tapable rides so when you tapped on a ride, you would see a pre-made close up view complete with animated people and ride. This would be a passive view where you could only watch what they were doing.
The benefits of this would be you could make a huge theme park, it could be as large as CS with lots of rooms for hotels, restaurants, shops, etc, and still have animations at some capacity.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I?m just trying to provoke some thoughts, hoping this will turn into a feasible concept. I?m curious to see what others think.

Dylanie
07-14-11, 07:48 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I love this idea!

redbites
07-14-11, 08:10 PM
Great ideas and just like YogurtJunkie said Teamlava could always incorporate better graphics because Teamlava's graphics are awesome!!

kooky panda
07-14-11, 09:08 PM
Great ideas and just like YogurtJunkie said Teamlava could always incorporate better graphics because Teamlava's graphics are awesome!!
I downloaded this game and seems like fun but I deleted it because I am used to story graphics and this games graphics just did not compare..........yes kooky is TL spoiled..

bawpotter
07-15-11, 07:41 AM
Same thing happened to me. I couldn't look at the graphics. THEY WERE SO BAD!

kooky panda
07-15-11, 07:47 AM
Same thing happened to me. I couldn't look at the graphics. THEY WERE SO BAD!

Bawpotter. We are just spoiled now.

xokay
07-15-11, 08:00 AM
I deleted it also. The graphics made me cringe, not necessarily because of TL's great ones, but because I can't imagine myself producing a game with graphics like that, as I'm a perfectionist.

redbites
07-15-11, 08:54 AM
I deleted it as well because TL's graphics are so awesome!!

buck233
07-17-11, 05:23 AM
I enjoy it very well! The graphics are ok im lv 7

hectorloch
07-17-11, 05:29 AM
Well, I won't even bother looking if that's the case. TL's graphical people have always been top notch - except on that alpaca maybe, looked like it had been knitted ... but maybe that was the point.